• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holiday Group

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchases a timeshare with them. Was happy with the price, but not so happy with the transaction. I paid the 2009 maintaince fees thru escrow and yesterday I got a bill from Hilton for the maintaince fees. Also today I just received an e-mail saying the week had closed, but still haven't received any paperwork other than the bill from Hilton.

Stricky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased from them the first week of March and as far as I can tell nothing has been done towards my transfer. I received an email today that proccess are delayed because the economy has caused them to have staffing cuts.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a week from them about 7 years ago (has it been that long?!!). Anyway, all went well, but found out the 'home' resort was wrong for a multi-location resort. It really didn't matter, as all owners have rights to reserve at any of the locations. So all ended well.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased our first timeshare from Holiday Group in 1995. At the time there were only about 3 resale companies in the U.S.. We have bought at least 8 more from them through the years. Every one of the transactions was handled competently and efficiently.

In recent years I have bought through Wendy K.. She is a very mature, knowledgeable, experienced, and honest person who makes sure that everything is done right and quickly. I highly recommend her and the company.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not unusual...

Anyway, all went well, but found out the 'home' resort was wrong for a multi-location resort.

In my own experience, Holiday Group seems consistently sloppy in the accuracy of their listing details. On several different occasions in recent years, I have initiated sincere inquiry into numerous listings. In each and every instance, in the course of asking my "due diligence" questions before proceeding, significant discrepancies were revealed which were "deal breakers" for concluding the transaction (wrong fixed week listed, wrong float seasons identified and, in one instance wrong resort listed).

I have no reason to believe (and I certainly am not in any way suggesting) that these folks are willfully dishonest, but I will say without a moment of hesitation or reservation that they are consistently and repeatedly inattentive toward accuracy and / or details. I think what perturbed me most was not the "human error", but the fact that the ads were never amended or corrected, even after the errors had been discovered and confirmed (including one just a few weeks ago). That's just flat out lazy. :annoyed:

Trigger445

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased from them the first week of March and as far as I can tell nothing has been done towards my transfer. I received an email today that proccess are delayed because the economy has caused them to have staffing cuts.

I purchased from them in Nov 08, and it still hasn't closed yet. I email them asking for a status, they respond fairly quickly and tell me its going fine, but a turtle making molasses in January works faster. I'd give them about a C-. I think they are reputable, but slow.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my own experience, Holiday Group seems consistently sloppy in the accuracy of their listing details. On several different occasions in recent years, I have initiated sincere inquiry into numerous listings. In each and every instance, in the course of asking my "due diligence" questions before proceeding, significant discrepancies were revealed which were "deal breakers" for concluding the transaction (wrong fixed week listed, wrong float seasons identified and, in one instance wrong resort listed).

I have no reason to believe (and I certainly am not in any way suggesting) that these folks are willfully dishonest, but I will say without a moment of hesitation or reservation that they are consistently and repeatedly inattentive toward accuracy and / or details. I think what perturbed me most was not the "human error", but the fact that the ads were never amended or corrected, even after the errors had been discovered and confirmed (including one just a few weeks ago). That's just flat out lazy. :annoyed:

But, my message stated that this was a multi-location resort, so 'home' really doesn't matter. I agree, Theo, that more attention to detail is certainly warranted, but I wonder if by virtue of the way the way they get these units (distress sales, trade-ins, etc.) that maybe all the details weren't properly passed on. Good company to work with, but as normal, good idea to work through all the details ahead of time and ask questions up-front.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My point...

...more attention to detail is certainly warranted, but I wonder if by virtue of the way the way they get these units (distress sales, trade-ins, etc.) that maybe all the details weren't properly passed on.

Human error is understandable and virtually inevitable; I readily acknowledge and accept that fact.

However, regardless of the origins of factual inaccuracies in listings, once discovered and confirmed such errors should then be promptly corrected in any and all existing ads. My primary "beef" with Holiday is that (at least in my own experiences) they apparently can't be bothered to do so.... :shrug:

Last edited:

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
theo

It has been my experience, that "IF" an error is discovered in a Holidday Group ad, and they are notified, they will immediately correct the information (and keep the ad running), or, if they can't immediately correct the ad, or need time to research, they will pull the ad.

I believe that they sell "many" timeshares, year in and year out, and want to give the new purchasers a "qualiaty" product.

Many times, when they receive a new property, information is in error (and not readily observed) or missing. I athink you will find that the vast majority of purchasers from Holiday Group are highly satisfied.

Tony

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dunno...

It has been my experience, that "IF" an error is discovered in a Holidday Group ad, and they are notified, they will immediately correct the information (and keep the ad running), or, if they can't immediately correct the ad, or need time to research, they will pull the ad.

Tony:
I have no personal "beef" of any sort with Holiday Group, but with all due respect my own experiences differ in regard to Holiday's correction of erroneous ads. Some have indeed been "pulled" upon discovery of errors, but others have simply been left running, uncorrected, including one I "unearthed" a few weeks ago (and which is still running erroneously today). That said, I do not make any "global" claims; maybe fate just has me destined to find and have an interest in Holiday ads which are not correctly represented. I may very well be a statistical "anomaly". :shrug:

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My opinion is that if there is any doubt about what they have, the seller should get an estoppel from the resort confirming what they have before they list it for sale. That would apply to most all resellers who deal in a lot of volume. Otherwise, you run the risk of mis-describing what you have to sell.

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would "hope" that Holiday, when notified that an ad was "in error" or needed a "correction", they would immediately take the necessary actions. Of course I don't follow even a small fraction of what they have to offer (only interested in certain areas) so I don't know what they actually do (as far as corrections) in other than west-coast/Hawaii properties.

Maybe "tuggers" should start a thread in which Holiday offerings are/were in error, and the outcome with Holiday, when they were notified of the error(s)?

Just a thought. (I happen to like what Holiday usually has to offer.)

Tony

hvacrsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased One Hilton NY club from Holiday!

I purchased one time share through them.
Everything went smooth, I got a great price and excellent
service.
I also purchased one through Judy, in my opinion the one through Holiday was a much smoother purchase and I didn't have to purchase Title Insurance, when I purchased through Judy, I was told it was mandatory!
If I had known that from the beginning I would have not did the deal because is was also the most I paid per point of the three I purchased.
I would recommend and do business again with Holiday!
My two cents!

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I have purchased two from them
every thing was as advertised i would buy again if they had what i want

closing costs are high so be sure to figure that in

they will work with you if you buy more than one unit at a time