• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cat Creek Realty, Franklin, NC

RDPAW

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this postcard company? They claim to take timeshare weeks equity to purchase "beautiful wooded mountain lots" in Franklin, NC.
:doh:

It appears this is another postcard for the shredder.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a number of land developers that offer to give a credit to a buyer for a timeshare. Often, they don't actually go through the trouble of deeding it over- they just use it as "equity" towards your loan and take the "value" off your purchase price.

If you are actually looking to buy a mountain lot- you may want to see if you can get them to complete the deeding if you don't use the timeshare any longer.. If you aren't looking to buy land- sounds like you'd spend quite a bit without a good reason.

Laurasworld

Reaction score
Cat Creek Realty

Hi there! I too got a postcard in the mail, and just wanted to check it out, as I listed my timeshare with three different companies to no avail. It was such a burden especially with the rising maintenance fees and the last special assessment I got! I would have payed them to take it. Not only did they take my timeshare and transfer it in 60 days, I got credit on a log homepackage with my second timeshare, and I can't wait until we can start building! We appreciate everything that Jerry and Robin did for us!:)

Bill4728

Reaction score
Hi there! I too got a postcard in the mail, and just wanted to check it out, as I listed my timeshare with three different companies to no avail. It was such a burden especially with the rising maintenance fees and the last special assessment I got! I would have payed them to take it. Not only did they take my timeshare and transfer it in 60 days, I got credit on a log homepackage with my second timeshare, and I can't wait until we can start building! We appreciate everything that Jerry and Robin did for us!:)
This may be a legit responce from someone who has had dealing with this company, BUT I always worry when the first post is someone responding to someone else's first post about a company I not fimilar with. They are some people who are associated with these companies ( or what is often called Shills) which are post positive remarks. I just wonder how Laurasworld found this site and this subject the same day another newbie posted about this company??

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may be a legit responce from someone who has had dealing with this company, BUT I always worry when the first post is someone responding to someone else's first post about a company I not fimilar with. They are some people who are associated with these companies ( or what is often called Shills) which are post positive remarks. I just wonder how Laurasworld found this site and this subject the same day another newbie posted about this company??

Bill, the shill, er newbie dug up an old post! I think shill should be in larger letters than the but!

Laurasworld

Reaction score
I was treated great!

I can't believe how skeptical you all are! I had dealings with Jerry & Robin, and they helped me out. Shame on you for thinking I am not a real person! Just glad to be out of my timeshare!

pranas

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why don't you google and find out for yourself rather than posting such negative comments!

Wow, a Floridian posting about the great deal he/she got in the mountains of NC. We use to live there and know first hand the way Floridian buyers are treated. Asking prices are always higher for Floridians unless a local intervenes and sets them straight. Tme to be careful.

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Be careful

There are stories in the news here about mountain developments that have gone under and taken with them out-of-state buyers who bought sight-unseen.

If you are REALLY interested in the land go look at it, check the deed and check the code - note that some of the properties for sale by this company don't perk, have expired septic permits and/or have no water. IMHO - Not a wise investment.....

Ann

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why don't you google and find out for yourself rather than posting such negative comments!

Posting the truth is not a negative comment. Come on, your first post is digging up a year old thread to extol the virtues of a pcc???