• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI renting out a lot of Disney inventory

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC Rentals through RCI

I was looking at availabilities for DVC in RCI’s Extra Vacations. I searched for DV03 (Resort ID of Boardwalk Villas - Points), and found 74 units throughout the year. If I search for RD03 (Boardwalk Villas - weeks), I only find the first 7 units as listed under DV03 .

OK, maybe it’s the way the “Points” DVC units are obtained to be rented vs. the way the “Weeks” DVC units are obtained.

However, the rental prices are different as well. All the prices for the Points units are $630 more :eek: than a “Weeks” unit for the unit same size and week

Except for location, aren’t all these units the same?:shrug:

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
On Extra Vacations with RCI there are currently 348 Disney weeks available for rent. I have already used my good trades I deposited last year and have nothing decent to search with, but anyone who has a good trader could go on the RCI exchange and see what (if any) Disney inventory shows up as available for exchange.

It looks like RCI has found a gold mine renting the DVC weeks for very high prices. If virtually no weeks are currently available for exchange, but all of those weeks are available for rent, then the lawsuit didn't help at all IMO.:mad:

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see a ton, hundreds of DVC weeks for trade using my week. Im SOOO excited!

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see a ton, hundreds of DVC weeks for trade using my week. Im SOOO excited!

I am glad to hear that there is good availability since so many Tuggers were wanting to trade there so bad. I am not looking for a trade there myself, but was curious about how hard DVC would be to get through RCI. After I saw all of the weeks to rent I was afraid that there wouldn't be many available for exchange.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
On Extra Vacations with RCI there are currently 348 Disney weeks available for rent.
I'm pretty sure that all of the rental units are Disney-owned, and the Mouse is just using RCI as an additional marketing channel. In DVC, developer inventory and "Member-owned" inventory is managed in completely separate inventory systems---down to different formats for the confirmation numbers. If you read the Resort Information for any of the Disney's, it says:

Includes shuttle/bag service from airport. Exchanges call: 800/800-9800 Rentals book on the web at: www.disneysmagicalexpress.com/US Pets are prohibited and smoking is not allowed.
That 800 number is for Member Services, which manages all member-owned inventory. The website only accepts Disney-style reservation numbers. So, in this case, it doesn't appear that it is RCI raiding the till.

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also noticed that if I searched for a Rental using the Points ID for Disney resorts (DVxx), I got a lot more availabilities than using the Weeks ID for the same resort....AND the cost for the latter was almost $700 cheaper.

JamminJoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway, Week 52, RCI Points
Grandview at Las Vegas, Week 11
DVC Boardwalk Villas

I did a search for November yesterday and was able to pull of several available units for DVC. I booked the Boardwalk Villas - 1-bedroom for 42,500 points for 11/28-12/5/09.

RahRah

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was searching through RCI today and saw a bunch of DVC available - some are pricey though....but it's a lot of units out there - I'm wondering if I can exchange in or not?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI is renting out the best? Well, I'm just SHOCKED!

On Extra Vacations with RCI there are currently 348 Disney weeks available for rent. I have already used my good trades I deposited last year and have nothing decent to search with, but anyone who has a good trader could go on the RCI exchange and see what (if any) Disney inventory shows up as available for exchange.

It looks like RCI has found a gold mine renting the DVC weeks for very high prices. If virtually no weeks are currently available for exchange, but all of those weeks are available for rent, then the lawsuit didn't help at all IMO.:mad:

The lawsuit is not over, so there are no discernible "results" to assess yet. Comments and objections can be filed until April, 2009; there certainly will be no final resolution anytime before then.

That said, if anything remotely resembling the current proposed settlement is what ultimately becomes a final product, then the class action suit will have been a complete waste of time and effort (except, perhaps, to the plaintiff attorneys who may well collect big bucks, but don't really deserve a nickel for the worthless results currently on the table).

Last edited: