• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Relief, Inc.

h2opaqi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Timeshare Relief, Inc. I went to a presentation and they are willing to take over the legal obligations of the timeshare contract We have with Wyndham for a fee. In other words, we give them the timeshare at no monetary exchange and pay a service fee of $3995.
Their marketing approach is slick. I am considering them to dump one of my timeshares and would like to know if they deliver what they say. I know I have options but this seems like an easy way out as long as I can accept the loss. Any experience out there??

Thanks,
Bob

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Have you tried giving away your resort? I would definitely try that before I paid someone to take it. You can post a free Ad in the TUG classifieds and sell it for $1 - and save some serious $$$. There are other cheap and free places you can list it, and there is a list at the top of the forum.

h2opaqi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise,

Yes, I'm considering a number of options including the TUG ad option. Timeshare Relief will take immediate responsibility for all costs associated with the timeshare on the day you sign up with them. That is what they offer....if you are willing to pay the service fee price. Any experience with them directly??
Bob

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Bob - here on TUG it is generally felt that there are other options that are much lower cost, so we just don't recommend these kind of deals. I'd put it on TUG and some other websites for $1 and stipulate that the new owner pays for closing/transfer.

viejoverde

Reaction score
timeshare relief

I have gone to their presentations a couple of times,mainly to get the $25 gas card they give you for attending, since i live close by to the hotel anyway.
Most of what they say is true, and you do have the 60 day grace period with your credit card to contest the charge if they don't produce what they promise.
I had one TS left last year and was lucky that there was another company locally that was doing the same thing they do, transfer the title out of your name, except they only charge a flat fee of $1500. What they do is they put it on a corporation's name, in this case it is in the bahamas.
I already received the papers back showing the transfer, and i did not received my resorts' maintenance fee bill for this year.
My fees were low $350, last year, but my fear was on the possible special assessments since it was an old resort.
And yes i tried to even give it away but no takers.
I am still a member of RCI for several more years and will continue to use them to take advantage of their low rental rates.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Thanks Denise,

Yes, I'm considering a number of options including the TUG ad option. Timeshare Relief will take immediate responsibility for all costs associated with the timeshare on the day you sign up with them. That is what they offer....if you are willing to pay the service fee price. Any experience with them directly??
Bob
IMHO, They will not do what they say.
Timeshare Relief will take immediate responsibility for all costs associated with the timeshare on the day you sign up with them.
This is what they say, but what most of the companies like them ( I believe they do this too) do is have you sign a power of attorney for the TS, they then give the TS to a sister company to sell on ebay. Only after they have a buyer does the TS get transferred out of your name. So if they can't sell the TS for some reason ( or the transfer takes longer than expected), it will remain in your name till they find a way to sell it.

Did they also tell you that they don't sell them? IMHO, A lie. :crash: Giving it to a company, owed by your wife or brother, and having that company sell the TS is IMHO still them selling the TS.

I would have much less problem with this company (and ones like them) , if they just said, up front what they planned to do. Use your Power of attorney to sell the TS as fast as possible on Ebay and then transfer the title from you to the buyer we found on Ebay. PLUS we get to keep all the money you give us and all the money we get from the ebay sale plus a portion of the large fee we charge the buyer for transferring the title into their name.

IMHO, doing business with any company which hide behind so many "half truths" as these companies do, isn't wise. :cool:

BUT to give them credit, generally speaking, they will, most of the time, successfully sell your TS on ebay and transfer the TS to the buyer.

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
That Question Comes Up Now & Then.

Click here for a look at some of what went before on this same subject.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Timeshare Relief, Inc. I went to a presentation and they are willing to take over the legal obligations of the timeshare contract We have with Wyndham for a fee. In other words, we give them the timeshare at no monetary exchange and pay a service fee of $3995.
Their marketing approach is slick. I am considering them to dump one of my timeshares and would like to know if they deliver what they say. I know I have options but this seems like an easy way out as long as I can accept the loss. Any experience out there??

Thanks,
Bob

Is this the same "Timeshare Relief, Inc." that you refer to in this post:

Dear Dee,

After doing some research, I have concluded that you are legally liable for the maintenance fees forever unless your contract stipulates otherwise. Your options are limited. Sell (not easy), donate (takes time and luck), giveaway to someone who wants it, or pay a service such as Timeshare Relief to take it off your hands. All options involve a deed title transfer. If you calculate your annual maintenance fees with increases and possible special assessments projected over 10 years of non use, you may find the giveaway option as reasonable. One other option that requires work and advertising costs (no deed transfer) is to rent. Hope this helps. The only ways out of the contract (without seeing the specific language) is death or filing for personal bankruptcy. I hope this helps you a bit. Don't feel foolish, many including myself are in your situation. Bob

jdb0822

Reaction score
List it on Ebay for $1.00 and in big letters in the ad state that YOU will pay all closing costs.

The total ebay fee and closing fees will run you no more than $500.

much, much cheaper than $4,000 that they want and you will KNOW FOR SURE the timeshare is no longer yours.

Being Wyndham, it should sell on ebay, especially if its points. (although you may get just that $1 for it)

h2opaqi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Relief

Thanks for sharing your experience. I really appreciate it!! Bob

I have gone to their presentations a couple of times,mainly to get the $25 gas card they give you for attending, since i live close by to the hotel anyway.
Most of what they say is true, and you do have the 60 day grace period with your credit card to contest the charge if they don't produce what they promise.
I had one TS left last year and was lucky that there was another company locally that was doing the same thing they do, transfer the title out of your name, except they only charge a flat fee of $1500. What they do is they put it on a corporation's name, in this case it is in the bahamas.
I already received the papers back showing the transfer, and i did not received my resorts' maintenance fee bill for this year.
My fees were low $350, last year, but my fear was on the possible special assessments since it was an old resort.
And yes i tried to even give it away but no takers.
I am still a member of RCI for several more years and will continue to use them to take advantage of their low rental rates.

h2opaqi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Relief

Hi Bill,
Yup, it plays out pretty much as you describe it. So the POA gives them control of the TS, thus they make maintenance fee payment, but title remains in my name until sold. That leaves me legally responsible. Yes they claim they are not selling and represent themselves as more a broker or go between than a seller. Thanks for your help. Sorry my message to Denise found your cubbyhole. Bob

IMHO, They will not do what they say.
Timeshare Relief will take immediate responsibility for all costs associated with the timeshare on the day you sign up with them.
This is what they say, but what most of the companies like them ( I believe they do this too) do is have you sign a power of attorney for the TS, they then give the TS to a sister company to sell on ebay. Only after they have a buyer does the TS get transferred out of your name. So if they can't sell the TS for some reason ( or the transfer takes longer than expected), it will remain in your name till they find a way to sell it.

Did they also tell you that they don't sell them? IMHO, A lie. :crash: Giving it to a company, owed by your wife or brother, and having that company sell the TS is IMHO still them selling the TS.

I would have much less problem with this company (and ones like them) , if they just said, up front what they planned to do. Use your Power of attorney to sell the TS as fast as possible on Ebay and then transfer the title from you to the buyer we found on Ebay. PLUS we get to keep all the money you give us and all the money we get from the ebay sale plus a portion of the large fee we charge the buyer for transferring the title into their name.

IMHO, doing business with any company which hide behind so many "half truths" as these companies do, isn't wise. :cool:

BUT to give them credit, generally speaking, they will, most of the time, successfully sell your TS on ebay and transfer the TS to the buyer.

h2opaqi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Advice. I really had not thought of the ebay option with paid closing costs as the sweetener. Thanks. Bob

List it on Ebay for $1.00 and in big letters in the ad state that YOU will pay all closing costs.

The total ebay fee and closing fees will run you no more than $500.

much, much cheaper than $4,000 that they want and you will KNOW FOR SURE the timeshare is no longer yours.

Being Wyndham, it should sell on ebay, especially if its points. (although you may get just that $1 for it)

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Advice. I really had not thought of the ebay option with paid closing costs as the sweetener. Thanks. Bob

If you find that even that sweetener is not giving you action, offer to prepay 2010 maintenance fees and you will still be thousands under what you would pay Timeshare Relief and you will have the ts out of your name.

h2opaqi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Relief

Hi Alan,

Read your scenario. Thanks for the insight. This is an ongoing education for us. I lived in Arlington and Burke until I retired in 2003. Hope all is well. The inauguration must have kept many locals at home....but exciting times from the TV vantage point here in Southern California. I guess the bottom line is that there is no easy way out of the timeshare dilemna......lots of luck needed.

Bob

Click here for a "relief" nightmare scenario that you won't want to get tangled up in.

Forewarned is forearmed.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

[I moved your post from the Nov. thread, to the new one started by you, so that we don't have and old thread and a new thread going on the same topic.-DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Hi Alan,

Read your scenario. Thanks for the insight. This is an ongoing education for us. I lived in Arlington and Burke until I retired in 2003. Hope all is well. The inauguration must have kept many locals at home....but exciting times from the TV vantage point here in Southern California. I guess the bottom line is that there is no easy way out of the timeshare dilemna......lots of luck needed.

Bob

Timeshare dilemma? We use all of our timeshares and enjoy every one of them. Buying from the developer is a mistake many of us have made, but learn to live with your mistake and use it for travel. Everyone travels, and timeshare vacations are the best.

Timeshare Relief is the lowest form of life in the timeshare world--even lower than the developer.