• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Marriott Timeshare is closest to Disneyland in California?

WelcomeHome

TUG Member
Reaction score
And how far away from the closest Marriott timeshares is Disneyland by car?

Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions!

Best wishes,
Dave

Last edited:

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe that would be Newport Coast. You did mean Disney in California? Have a good time. If you consider a non Marriott you might try the Worldmark resort in Anaheim.

Beverley

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you mean Disneyland in California, it is Newport Coast. I would estimate a 30min or less drive, which in Southern California, is considered close.

Bill4728

Reaction score
If you mean Disneyland in California, it is Newport Coast. I would estimate a 30min or less drive, which in Southern California, is considered close.
Although 30 minutes is a close estimate, most of the time using the car pool lanes, you can do it in less.

The Marriott TS in Palm Spring are close enough where you could drive it for the day,(1.5 - 2.0 hours) but I wouldn't make that drive more than once.

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really wouldn't recommend the resorts in Palm Springs as a place to stay if you want to go to Disneyland. It's just too far! Palm Springs is more like a weekend trip for us over here. I personally would not make that trip.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When we stayed at Newport Coast this past Sept. we went to Disneyland with the kids one day, as we have annual passes. The drive was under 30 minutes both ways. Really nice. The other timeshare properties closer to Disneyland won't be nearly as nice as Newport Coast of course.

The Palm Desert properties would be about 1.5 hours from Disneyland and you could easily do it for a day trip. We live 1.5 hours from Disneyland and have annual passes. Many people from our area have annual passes and everyone has to drive about 1.5 hours. Here in California we are used to driving everywhere.

Janna

Last edited:

chalucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carpool lanes Newport Coast to Disney Parking structure in 20'. We go early in AM when there is little traffic.

slomac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
The Fairfeild inn right accross the street from Disneyland is great! I know it is not a timeshare but you can walk to Disneyland. Great if you have small kids because you can go back mid day for naps. You may consider it for one night using points.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Residence Inn is another block farther and is great also especially with the new shopping/dining/theather area between it and Disney. You can also take the shuttle.

The Fairfeild inn right accross the street from Disneyland is great! I know it is not a timeshare but you can walk to Disneyland. Great if you have small kids because you can go back mid day for naps. You may consider it for one night using points.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you are not planning the trip in July or August as exchanging into a Newport Coast unit/week there is nearly impossible and I own there!

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you are not planning the trip in July or August as exchanging into a Newport Coast unit/week there is nearly impossible and I own there!
Our neighbors and I both exchanged into Newport the week prior to Jul4th week 2008. For 2009, we exchanged into the week ending on Jul4th. Not as hard as you think!

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carpool lanes Newport Coast to Disney Parking structure in 20'. We go early in AM when there is little traffic.
I've been to Newport three weeks in past few years and the drive to DLand does seem like 20 mins in the morning. VERY short time-wise.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
winger -- Makes me sick :( :wall: I own there and had to do special 'things' after six weeks of getting up at 6AM and both hubby and I getting on phone and computer to try to get an August week. How much in advance did you request and what were you exchanging?

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
manor club, summer weeks right next to but not 4th of jul. week. normally we book our manor week 12 /13 month out and dep to ii right away. for the 2008 and 2009 newport weeks, we plaved our ii request about 10 months out but Newport was NOT on original request. as a matter of fact, prob added Newport to the request about 8 months from travel. Our friends used a summer Timber Lodge (2bd) for the 2008 stay, made the II request & couple of days after we got confirmed (and we got the bright idea to call them). a week or so later they got confirmed too! best of all, we got rooms about 2 doors from each other upon request! our two families' kids had a blast : )

Last edited:

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
winger: Thanks for the info. A Marriott guy giving a class for us while we were there said alot of owners get the best weeks, book them and then request a difficult Marriott/ II trade with the 'very bright red week' -- you just confirmed that statement. The longer I am in timesharing (23 yrs now) the less I like it :(

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
winger: Thanks for the info. A Marriott guy giving a class for us while we were there said alot of owners get the best weeks, book them and then request a difficult Marriott/ II trade with the 'very bright red week' -- you just confirmed that statement. The longer I am in timesharing (23 yrs now) the less I like it :(

both times, we had maui ocean club as only/first request then added newport as time pased. both times, newport 'hit' and not maui. a month or so ago, we finally got confirmed a 2bd apr 19-26 (2009) week at maui ocean club, but too close to travel date-in my opinion since we depend on ff seats to get four of us there (to the islands). thank god we took somewhat of a gamble and booked our ff seats and alternative accomodations 10-11 months from date of arrival just in case the maui ocean club did not come thru. IF we did not have the very nice alternative accomodations available, we would've cancelled/changed our MOC request a long time ago. yes, timesharing can be frustrating and not everyone's cup of tea.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
CathyB,
I hate to tell you, but I got NCV July 4th week last summer with my MSE July 4th week. I put in the request in late August and it matched in three weeks.

I had a great time. One of the nicest parts of the country I've ever visited.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
come to think of it, for our 1st (2008) ncv request, confirmation came within 3 days of requesting. this year's 2009 confirmation came maybe a month or so after adding ncv to my existing request.

cathy, don't feel bad. I read somewhere (TUG?) that once NCV completes its buildout, maybe it would be harder to exchange into? Also, as an owner, remember, you have first choice of dates...we exchangers only get the 'crumbs'. on top of that, I assume owners get the better views!

Last edited:

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Don't forget to including parking time for your destination. It usually takes us about 25 minutes to get from room to the disneyland parking structure. It is faster if you take the toll road from the resort instead of going back through the mall area to get on the freeway. So, it depends on which way you go. We have a Fastpass (is that what it is called---I might be confusing Disney with the toll pass card) so, we always go the toll road way. Then, once you get to Disneyland depending on where you park it can take another 15 to 20 minutes to get to the gate entrance. The tram drops you off at Downtown Disney. Then, you need to walk to the security line. I've heard of people parking elsewhere to get into the park faster. Anyways.. we always leave about 1 hour prior to the time we want to arrive. However, we are rope drop people so, we like to be first in line.