• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WMH MFs and Property Tax Question

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
With the WMH MF bill does the property tax bill come in the same envelope? Or are they sent separately? We're attempting to close on a WMH resale and were provided a PDF of the MF bill and a property tax bill to pay for 09. It looks like part of the property tax was paid (the first installment?) but a second half(?) is due in April 09. Is this making sense to any of you WMH owners?

And it looks like the WMH bill is due on 13 January. I'll pay it when SVO says I own the property, but not a moment before! Jose can take my money when I email him my deed information. :)

Thanks for any help you all can provide! I'm hoping for week 52 2009 in sunny Southern California!

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the WMH MF bill does the property tax bill come in the same envelope? Or are they sent separately? We're attempting to close on a WMH resale and were provided a PDF of the MF bill and a property tax bill to pay for 09. It looks like part of the property tax was paid (the first installment?) but a second half(?) is due in April 09. Is this making sense to any of you WMH owners?

And it looks like the WMH bill is due on 13 January. I'll pay it when SVO says I own the property, but not a moment before! Jose can take my money when I email him my deed information. :)

Thanks for any help you all can provide! I'm hoping for week 52 2009 in sunny Southern California!

Property taxes for timeshares are billed the same as other property directly by the county in California - in the case of WMH, Riverside County. They are due on December 10 (first installment) and April 10 (second installment) of every year.

My WMH MF bills are due on January 13 also.

Week 52 had availability there last week because I made a reservation. Give me a shout if you get one also!

-tim

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Week 52 had availability there last week because I made a reservation.
I called last week (Dec. 26) to make a reservation exactly a year in advance and there was plenty of space at that time. I don't know how fast WMH fills up at that time of the year since we've never been there over the holidays.
It took about 30 minutes to make the reservation since they had to sort out our account. We own 2 2-br platinums at WMH, and we had borrowed staroptions from 2009 to extend our stay for one extra day when we were there this past Thanksgiving. Separately, we had reserved a 1-br at Cancun using staroptions from one of the WMH properties. Apparently, the staroptions were not taken from the "same" unit. I guess that created a problem since we were trying to reserve a 2-br unit 12 months out and we had already used Staroptions from each of the WMH properties. They were able to fix the problem after being put on hold for a while (I was out of the country when I called, so I was looking at those minutes ticking...). Luckily, everything worked out well at the end.

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Thanks for the info everyone! The current owners had already reserved a Feb 09 week based on the advice(?) of the closing company and I told them I wanted week 52 instead. Hopefully that change has been made. We'd love to take Grandma from Albuquerque to Palm Springs that week!