• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Indiana BBB Issues Warning About Postcard Company (PCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Street talk blog has posted this from the Indiana BBB
street talk said:
Indiana BBB Issues Warning About Time No More Inc.
TERRE HAUTE, IN: A recent consumer advice column written by the Better Business Bureau of Northern Indiana cited a warning about Time No More Inc., as follows:

Time No More Inc. just conducted a seminar in Terre Haute. Company mailings have stated, “We will make you an offer on your timeshare.” The company’s attorney states that his client doesn’t purchase timeshares. Seems to be a bit of a contradiction. The company’s advertising has been questioned by the BBB. This Georgia company has the BBB’s lowest rating.

Actually, the company attorney’s statement that his client doesn’t purchase timeshares is correct and does not contradict the “We will make you an offer” statement on the mailings. Both statements, however, are supremely duplicitous.

The “offer” Time No More makes is this: “we will take your timeshare off your hands if you are willing to pay us to do it.”

To most people “We will make you an offer on your timeshare” means “We will offer to buy your timeshare from you”, but that isn’t what “postcard companies” (PCCs) like Time No More mean. It means you will pay them cash money if you agree to turn over the title to them. In some cases, depending on how the PCC is structured, you give them a power of attorney (POA) which they will then use to sell your Timeshare. If they don’t sell it you’ll still own it (and be liable for the maintenance fees) because they didn’t “take it off your hands” at all, didn’t transfer the title, didn’t do anything other than collect your money. You might want to visit this article for some of the fallout from that situation: ‘POSTCARD COMPANIES’, RESALES & MAINTENANCE FEES

What do they do with the timeshares they acquire? In some cases they simply deed them back to the resorts, in other cases they list them on eBay (using a different company name) at rock bottom prices, or they might try to rent them out until they are sold— often via a semi-bogus “vacation club” also run by the company. Sometimes, if they are not sold, they simply quit trying and, having never actually transferred the title, let you find out the hard way that you still legally own it.

Vacation Solutions, Timeshare Solutions, Timeshare Relief, Timeshare Acquisitions, Time-Share Collectors, We Collect Timeshares, Timeshare Rescue (click on that link, it’s a lollapalooza), Timeshare Freedom, Timeshare Independence, Timeshare Liquidators— those are just the PCCs that I can think of off the top of my head. I’m sure there are more, as they seem to pop up all over the place seemingly overnight.

More at www.streettalkblog.com

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't have too many warnings

As many TUGGERS know, these folks have a lot of weeks on eBay for sale. I would say that guessing, it's about 90% of the timeshare sales listed on eBay. Many of these are really sought-after weeks, which is a shame that folks didn't do research for other alternatives to get out. It's bad enough they send out the misleading postcards to make an offer on your timeshare, have gullible folks pay money to get rid of them and then some of these companies don't even take possession of them. Probably most of the folks that fall for this are the same ones that fell prey to the lies and unscrupulous tactics of a timeshare developer's sales staff. The ones that don't really know what they own, how they can use it and enjoy it, and don't make the effort to fully research other alternatives for getting rid of this albatross they didn't really want or need in the first place. Probably if you looked into the backgrounds of the owners and employees of these companies, many of them are former or maybe even current timeshare sales people.

Yes, I have bought several timeshares off eBay from these PCCs. Does that make me part of the problem? Will they go out of business if I stop taking advantage of these great deals to be had? I really don't think so. I think it has to start with the folks who are uninformed that supply these timeshares to the PCCs. I really hope the word gets out. They may be forced to change some of their tactics, but I believe that as long as there are timeshare developers with no lack of fresh meat coming through their doors, there will be an equally abundant supply of counter-fresh meat for the PCCs. I have been timesharing since 1984 and my original purchases were through developers. I still own my first purchase and have many times over gotten my worth from this timeshare. The second one I purchased, I quit-claimed back to the resort a few years ago. I felt I got my money's worth out of that one also before letting it go due to the continually poor management. The rest is resale history!!!!!:cheer:

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully all state BBB's will do this.

Maybe the Consumer Protection Divisions of state AG's offices need to get involved as well.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Ya Think ?

Probably most of the folks that fall for this are the same ones that fell prey to the lies and unscrupulous tactics of a timeshare developer's sales staff.
Click here for a hypothetical nightmare scenario based on falling prey to the multiple layers of overlapping timeshare scam.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

dr.debs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I bought my SDO from D. Patel and paid via Amex, Time no More Inc, is the company listed on my AMEX statement when it came the following month. When I began to have difficulties with my purchase I followed the trail, and called the number on my AMEX statement to complain about the slowness of the transaction and lack of responsiveness. After that, Timeshare freedom began responding to phone calls. Other Tuggers gave me numbers for the other arms of this sales complex. If I had known then, what I do now about this "Timeshare Trilogy" I probably wouldn't have bought from them, or insisted on my own closing company.

Perhaps we should sell TUG memberships on Ebay? Advertise in RedWeek magazine? I am a newbie but Tug has really helped with the learning curve.

dkgalpha

Reaction score
you are a little misinformed................... Time No More has transferred EVERY deed we have ever took in during the past 9 years we have been in business and we have paid EVERY maint fee we said we were going to pay. There are some companies out there who do the things you are speaking of and it is a shame that they give us ALL a bad name. But we have over 10,000 satisfied customers that are happy to be rid of their timeshares. When you attend one of our siminars we even show you thatyour timeshreis selling on ebay for a dollar. And yes we own the travel club we put you in, that is so we can make sure WE are able to fullfill your travel requests and not pass it off to a third party.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
you are a little misinformed................... Time No More has transferred EVERY deed we have ever took in during the past 9 years we have been in business and we have paid EVERY maint fee we said we were going to pay. There are some companies out there who do the things you are speaking of and it is a shame that they give us ALL a bad name. But we have over 10,000 satisfied customers that are happy to be rid of their timeshares. When you attend one of our siminars we even show you thatyour timeshreis selling on ebay for a dollar. And yes we own the travel club we put you in, that is so we can make sure WE are able to fullfill your travel requests and not pass it off to a third party.

This statement from quote in the OP's post doesn't help you make your case:

Time No More Inc. just conducted a seminar in Terre Haute. Company mailings have stated, “We will make you an offer on your timeshare.” The company’s attorney states that his client doesn’t purchase timeshares. Seems to be a bit of a contradiction. The company’s advertising has been questioned by the BBB. This Georgia company has the BBB’s lowest rating.

You're best bet would have been to leave this thread from Sept. 12th off the front page of this forum.

Last edited:

dkgalpha

Reaction score
You can think what you want................... we provide a service and like I said our clients are happy. You should direct your anger at the developers who sold you a deed for 13k and the next guy the same deed for 7k. The reason they sell on ebay for nothing is that what they are worth.......... NOTHING!!! The people who are buying on ebay are the ones setting the price.... not the sellers!! If the market says your timeshare is going to sell for $100 then thats what it sells for. Don`t blame us for the fact that you paid $10,000 for it and it didn`t work the way they said it would. Why do you think they sell for pennies on the dollar on ebay?? Because the buyers are educated in how they work etc.... they aren`t all caught up in baloons popping and getting drawn in by the salesman showing them all these fancy pics etc.... so don`t pay us to take it off your hands........... pay your maint fees for the rest of your life and then leave it to your kids and estate, thats much smarter!!:bawl:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
You can think what you want................... we provide a service and like I said our clients are happy. You should direct your anger at the developers who sold you a deed for 13k and the next guy the same deed for 7k. The reason they sell on ebay for nothing is that what they are worth.......... NOTHING!!! The people who are buying on ebay are the ones setting the price.... not the sellers!! If the market says your timeshare is going to sell for $100 then thats what it sells for. Don`t blame us for the fact that you paid $10,000 for it and it didn`t work the way they said it would. Why do you think they sell for pennies on the dollar on ebay?? Because the buyers are educated in how they work etc.... they aren`t all caught up in baloons popping and getting drawn in by the salesman showing them all these fancy pics etc.... so don`t pay us to take it off your hands........... pay your maint fees for the rest of your life and then leave it to your kids and estate, thats much smarter!!:bawl:

I bit defensive, no?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." - William Shakespeare (Hamlet, Act 3, scene 2). [Someone who is telling the truth is usually doing so rather plainly and shortly. Someone who is assuring too much is usually lying either to herself or to the audience.]

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score

What do you know, I've also paid EVERY maintenence fee that I said I would, as have 99.99% of the posters here. Sure, I haven't actually promissed to pay anyone's MF, nor would I, but it's still true that I've paid every MF I've promissed to.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
you are a little misinformed................... Time No More has transferred EVERY deed we have ever took in during the past 9 years we have been in business and we have paid EVERY maint fee we said we were going to pay. There are some companies out there who do the things you are speaking of and it is a shame that they give us ALL a bad name. But we have over 10,000 satisfied customers that are happy to be rid of their timeshares. When you attend one of our siminars we even show you that your timeshare is selling on ebay for a dollar.

That may be true but do you accept every timeshare week people own, or just the ones that have good enough resale value to fetch a dollar or more on Ebay? In earlier years, most companies like yours accepted any and all weeks as long as the mortgage/loan payments were fully paid off and the maintenance fees, Special assessments, etc...were up to date.

Now when your company is coming to town, owners who have received a letter offering to take an unwanted timeshare off their hands must call a toll free number. They are asked what resort and week they own so that "we can check and see if it's on the list of timeshares we accept."

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score

Let's ask a simple question then - explain why you mislead those that attend your seminars into believing that are only a buyer, not a seller of timeshares. If your business model is so upfront, explain why it is necessary to state you are not a listing company on your website when an informed consumer knows that your officers control resorts access network who you used to sell the inventory and timeshare freedom who you used to handle the closings? Hope you are now complying with Florida law and registered as a developer.

P.S. - how's things with Dharmesh?:eek:

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
I bit defensive, no?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." - William Shakespeare (Hamlet, Act 3, scene 2). [Someone who is telling the truth is usually doing so rather plainly and shortly. Someone who is assuring too much is usually lying either to herself or to the audience.]

And seems to think that bringing this thread back up is a good thing.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8

So let's see, someone gets suckered into paying developer price for a timeshare and that's a bad thing.

Then another person comes along and suckers them into paying thousands more to get rid of it and that's a good thing?

That plain and simple fact is all your company will do is take someone's money, then attempt to resell it on E-bay for whatever your company can get out of it. Thus you're getting paid twice and, since you're not going to actually take title of the timeshare week but just facilitate transfer of the title, your company is NEVER at risk of having to hold a timeshare and actually pay the MF's. If you ask me, it's a very slick business that's not quite ethical or any more honest than a timeshare developer.

So, what happens when you don't get that title transfered? Who pays the MF's when they come due? It's a very surprised person who THOUGHT they had paid you to take title to the week they didn't realize they still owned.

Sure your company provides what appears to be an easy way out for the lazy person wanting to be free of their timeshare....... so long as that timeshare is paid in full of course. If you are able to facilitate transfer of the title before another MF comes due then you've done the job your paid to do. But, if the original owner took a little time to learn how to transfer the title themselves and how to write a decent E-bay add, they might be able to free themselves from their unwanted timeshare for a much lower cost.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

I know this is incorrect, since we have weeks at my home resort, where I am a board member, with Dharmesh Patel's name on them, and he hasn't paid any maintenance fees in about 3 years. So all of you who bought this "we always pay the fees" line, hook and sinker, think again! This is part of the reason I stopped raging about these companies, in hope to get the weeks back, with no penalty to the companies. We just don't want to pay $2,000 to get these weeks back, through the state.

You shouldn't dig up these old threads, because it just makes you look BAD! We know WAY TOO MUCH here. You cannot win this argument and have your company come out looking anything but sleazy.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
So let's see, someone gets suckered into paying developer price for a timeshare and that's a bad thing.

Then another person comes along and suckers them into paying thousands more to get rid of it and that's a good thing?

That plain and simple fact is all your company will do is take someone's money, then attempt to resell it on E-bay for whatever your company can get out of it. Thus you're getting paid twice and, since you're not going to actually take title of the timeshare week but just facilitate transfer of the title, your company is NEVER at risk of having to hold a timeshare and actually pay the MF's. If you ask me, it's a very slick business that's not quite ethical or any more honest than a timeshare developer.

So, what happens when you don't get that title transfered? Who pays the MF's when they come due? It's a very surprised person who THOUGHT they had paid you to take title to the week they didn't realize they still owned.

Sure your company provides what appears to be an easy way out for the lazy person wanting to be free of their timeshare....... so long as that timeshare is paid in full of course. If you are able to facilitate transfer of the title before another MF comes due then you've done the job your paid to do. But, if the original owner took a little time to learn how to transfer the title themselves and how to write a decent E-bay add, they might be able to free themselves from their unwanted timeshare for a much lower cost.

Just want to clarify that in the case of the owners of timeshare freedom, they were being paid 3 times! They were paid to take the timeshare, paid when they sold the timeshare and paid for closing the deal. Granted they set up 3 companies to do the "separate" transactions but the money all ended up in the same pocket.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Just want to clarify that in the case of the owners of timeshare freedom, they were being paid 3 times! They were paid to take the timeshare, paid when they sold the timeshare and paid for closing the deal. Granted they set up 3 companies to do the "separate" transactions but the money all ended up in the same pocket.

So they're 33.3% sleezier than what I posted. ;)

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
So they're 33.3% sleezier than what I posted. ;)

How sleezy are they? In my case, after they mistakenly transferred a Sheraton PGA into our name instead of a Vistana Villages, but before they had my agreement to a solution, they sold that same PGA unit on eBay. It took almost half a year before they provided me an acceptable solution and got the PGA deed signed back to them - wonder if that eBay buyer was happy with waiting? Dharmesh probably blamed the closing company acting like it was a separate entity.

dkgalpha

Reaction score
Wow so many haters....................I`ll just answer a few of teh accusations then leave all of you to banter back and forth. YES we do take in any timeshare, regardless of the "value". And yes we do pay ALL the maint fees, and yes we do accept liability because we do transfer the deed into a company name. Every timeshare we take in goes into our company name!! As for patel we no longer do business with him due to his shady dealings, we sued him, won, and have a judgement against him but to date have not been able to collect any money. As for being paid 3x......... different people own the the 3 companies you are all in a tizzy about. Go sell your timeshare on ebay, they charge you $40-$100 to list it whether it sells or not, they take a % of the purchase price and a % of the paypal when you get paid,hum..... they are the ones being paid 3x. Now you guys have something else to blog about. Oh doug go get life you are a joke

bruwery

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that all you have?

How is Doug a joke? He's posted some opinions about a company that utilizes rather questionable business practices. He's a long-time poster here who's given good advice to many people. There may have been sarcasm in his posts on this thread, and he (along with the other posters) attacked the premise of your company rather directly, but I don't think he said anything about you personally.

Here's my interpretation: You came on here as a first time poster (at least for that particular screen name), and dredged up a tired old thread. You may truly believe you're doing the community a service, however, most of the people here firmly believe otherwise, and I don't doubt that you knew this prior to posting.

This suggests to me that perhaps you were looking for a debate, and, as luck would have it, some posters were kind enough to accommodate you. We're a good group of people that way - we accommodate folks.

Then, seeing that the thin arguments you used to support your position were ineffective, you made a conscious decision to make it personal with one of the posters. Were you perhaps offended by the truth in his words?

He may indeed be a joke; I don't personally know him. He could be the laughing-stock of his family for all I know. However, your decision to throw that statement in your post in such an immature manner actually bolsters Doug's conclusions.

Personally, I hope you continue posting here, because I enjoy the debate, and I enjoy hearing the other side of things. I disagree with your business practices, but I do think a person needs to be fairly sharp and industrious to set up an enterprise such as the one you're defending. I guess I'd just like to see that same intelligence reflected in your posts.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow so many haters....................I`ll just answer a few of teh accusations then leave all of you to banter back and forth. YES we do take in any timeshare, regardless of the "value". And yes we do pay ALL the maint fees, and yes we do accept liability because we do transfer the deed into a company name. Every timeshare we take in goes into our company name!! As for patel we no longer do business with him due to his shady dealings, we sued him, won, and have a judgement against him but to date have not been able to collect any money. As for being paid 3x......... different people own the the 3 companies you are all in a tizzy about. Go sell your timeshare on ebay, they charge you $40-$100 to list it whether it sells or not, they take a % of the purchase price and a % of the paypal when you get paid,hum..... they are the ones being paid 3x. Now you guys have something else to blog about. Oh doug go get life you are a joke

Changed the officers have you? Darren no longer in the picture for all 3 companies?? Don't come on here trying to claim you are clean - many of us, myself included know the truth behind your business dealings. Or maybe you are just an employee and not familiar with the structure of Resorts Access Network, Timeshare Freedom & Time No More Inc.

Have you got your developer license for Florida yet or is that little statute still being ignored??

ps - glad you at least removed the lies about lawyer reviews from the eBay ads. Had my purchase been reviewed by a lawyer, his missing a little fact like the contract was for a property in a different city/county than the deed he approved transferring would have cost him his career in Canada (that is if a lawyer actually looked at the deal).

dkgalpha

Reaction score
hey doug , we are not ignoring any state laws here in florida.................we are not a developer

dkgalpha

Reaction score
and do your homework befoer you make again false accusations............... I have never been an officer of timeshare freedom or resorts access, I f you are going to come on here and pretend to be some "expert" on me and my dealings at least have some of the facts straight. Can you provide any evidense that I have ever been an officer/owner/anything to either of these companies???? Oh and be carefull if you are going by what mr patel has shared with you. I have already sued him and won, he didn`t even show up to defend himself. so please for the folks here that look up to you at least have your facts right, or let it be known that these things are simply your opinion and not based on any facts

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
hey doug , we are not ignoring any state laws here in florida.................we are not a developer

Maybe you need to check your facts - under Florida law, anyone selling more than 7 timeshares is a developer. By the way, my name is not doug.

And I will correct myself, I forgot that you (assuming this is Darren Gibson) set up Sarah Turner to be the fall person for R.A.N. & Timeshare Freedom. She however is/was only the secretary for Time No More and you are the CEO/CFO. We both know that Sarah reports/reported to you. Do you need more facts?

Status
Not open for further replies.