• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Newport Coast Villas Seasons

larue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the seasons are at Marriott Newport Coast Villas? I was under the impression there were only 2, gold and platinum, but I have seen an advertisement that says platinum is 23-25 and 27-51, so I am assuming there must be a platinum plus for July 4 and new years?

Thanks

gingerpuff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Calendar

I saw this calendar, maybe this will help. There are Platinum Plus and Fixed Holiday week in addition to Gold and Platinum.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Anyone understand this ad: NCV on Ebay ?

Out of curiosity, I e-mailed the seller, and he stated that it is a regular Platinum week.

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That does beg the question: Can an NCV platinum owner reserve a Platinum-plus week, like the ebay ad implies?

Anyone understand this ad: NCV on Ebay ?

Out of curiosity, I e-mailed the seller, and he stated that it is a regular Platinum week.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Something's wrong. The 2009 week he says he has reserved is the Platinum Plus week, which isn't available to a Platinum week owner, unless he exchanged for it through II or another exchange company.

I sent him a message asking for clarification.

Bill4728

Reaction score
The II travel demand index indicates that the peak time for travel in SoCal is Summer. Most weeks in the fall are lower demand than most spring weeks.

IMHO, the seasons at NCV have been set every baddly. Fighting with the other platinum owners for a few months of peak summer weeks when 1/2 the platinum weeks are non peak doesn't make sense. IMHO, with gold now selling for about $8500, it is the season to buy.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If I recall there is a slight overlap with July 4th next year. July 4th is on a Saturday, so there are technically two weeks that can be considered July 4th, but only one is the platinum plus week. There is on week where you can checkout on July 4th, perhaps they are considering this a July 4th week. Though the ad is clear that they have reserved Jluy 3 through July 10. This is truely a Platinum Plus week on the calendar.

Last edited:

larue

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I recall there is a slight overlap with July 4th next year. July 4th is on a Saturday, so there are technically two weeks that can be considered July 4th, but only one is the platinum plus week. There is on week where you can checkout on July 4th, perhaps they are considering this a July 4th week. Though the ad is clear that they have reserved Jluy 3 through July 10. This is truely a Platinum Plus week on the calendar.

Has anyone had dealings with the seller on this listing? I get a little worried about buying on ebay with some of what I have read on other threads.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Has anyone had dealings with the seller on this listing? I get a little worried about buying on ebay with some of what I have read on other threads.

With E-Bay as with any type of purchase, you have to do your due diligence. Ask the seller if you have questions, if you don't feel comfortable, then don't bid. The thing is that TS auctions on E-Bay are non-binding, so if you find out later that something wasn't right you can cancel. The seller may try to convince you that it is binding, but they have no recourse to go back to E-Bay to have you "punished" as a non-paying bidder.

larue

TUG Member
Reaction score
With E-Bay as with any type of purchase, you have to do your due diligence. Ask the seller if you have questions, if you don't feel comfortable, then don't bid. The thing is that TS auctions on E-Bay are non-binding, so if you find out later that something wasn't right you can cancel. The seller may try to convince you that it is binding, but they have no recourse to go back to E-Bay to have you "punished" as a non-paying bidder.

What about the threat of negative feedback from the seller? Will Ebay honor negative feedback when the seller advertises that the bid is binding and that the seller will report negative feedback for failing to close, while ebay has the disclaimer at the bottom saying that the bid is not binding and that it represents an interest in entering into serious negotiations to purchase?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I heard back from the seller. I had given him a link to the NCV calendar showing that 7/3-10/09 is a Platinum Plus week.

He apparently posted his available weeks as #23-51 based on telephone discussions with Owner Services. He also apparently was somehow able to reserve that Platinum Plus week, confirming to me that the check-in date is July 3. He gave me some details of his conversation with Owner Services when he made the reservation and his comments seem plausible, even if not logical under the reservation rules. He also confirmed that he has a Platinum week, not a Platinum Plus week.

He is very willing to give a buyer a copy of his reservation info as well as info that proves he owns deeded week #23 (a Platinum week), as stated in the ad.

Still seems strange.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about the threat of negative feedback from the seller? Will Ebay honor negative feedback when the seller advertises that the bid is binding and that the seller will report negative feedback for failing to close, while ebay has the disclaimer at the bottom saying that the bid is not binding and that it represents an interest in entering into serious negotiations to purchase?

Ebay got rid of negative feedback for buyers months ago...no longer a concern.

You can however still get "strikes" against your account for failing to close, although an e-mail to eBay reminding them of the "non-binding" nature of real estate auctions will get them to remove it.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have concluded that I would not do business with the seller for this eBay auction. I asked what the closing/escrow company is for payment. He responded by telling me that payment should be made directly to the timeshare resale company - SmartShare.com, Inc. I like the safety of an independent third party.

larue

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have concluded that I would not do business with the seller for this eBay auction. I asked what the closing/escrow company is for payment. He responded by telling me that payment should be made directly to the timeshare resale company - SmartShare.com, Inc. I like the safety of an independent third party.

Same here! Thank you for the advice - much appreciated.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I heard back from the seller. I had given him a link to the NCV calendar showing that 7/3-10/09 is a Platinum Plus week.

He apparently posted his available weeks as #23-51 based on telephone discussions with Owner Services. He also apparently was somehow able to reserve that Platinum Plus week, confirming to me that the check-in date is July 3. He gave me some details of his conversation with Owner Services when he made the reservation and his comments seem plausible, even if not logical under the reservation rules. He also confirmed that he has a Platinum week, not a Platinum Plus week.

He is very willing to give a buyer a copy of his reservation info as well as info that proves he owns deeded week #23 (a Platinum week), as stated in the ad.

Still seems strange.

I had a much less detailed but similar response to my inquiry from him before I posted about it. I didn't understand it.

In response to Larue's query about the safety of some of these Ebay sellers- I think many of the sellers have issues wrt non-independent closing companies, obtaining units through shady practices (postcard company purchases, etc.) and other issues. Of course, you must due careful due diligence and weigh the benefits of a better price versus the aggravation factor. The really low prices seem to be mostly on Ebay today, but so are buyer's posts about problems.

Last edited: