• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

taxi ride from airport to atlantis

adanac1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me their experience in taxi fares from the airport to Atlantis for 2 adults and 2 children please?
I read somewhere that when we arrive we should ask the front desk if there is a chance to get an upgrade. Am I off base on this or does this happen? I was told by a rep from Atlantis that because Harbourside is owned partially by Atlantis and Starwood it acts differently then any other starwood resort and that they do not offer any owners an upgrade even if the occupancy is low?

Does anyone have any experience with this also

Look forward to going on a holiday and escaping the reality for at least a week.

Thanks

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Can 't speak to upgrades--taxi is $28 for first two and $3 each additional and $1 for bridge toll--plus tip--word is fares have/or are going up. Plenty of cabs just tell them you don't want to share one--which you don't have to--otherwise you will be in a local!

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm 5*, and when I was there about a month ago, they were definitely cognizant of this fact and even mentioned it. I was assigned a villa with a nice view of the Nassau harbor, so although I was put into the unit size that I reserved, I felt like I was "upgraded" view-wise. As far as being upgraded to a different size villa, I would say that's probably unlikely.

-tim

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I went to Maui in October, I was reconized as being an elite member, an got a slight bump of room location.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Base taxi fare from the airport to Harborside went up mid-last month to $32 for 2 from $27.

Harborside is packed. (Atlantis is not.) I was there yesterday. Do not expect an upgrade. I'm 5 Star Elite and couldn't get one last week. My view was OK so I was happy.

Enjoy! Harborside/Atlantis is a great (but expensive food) place. However, kids and, even you oldsters, will love it. :)

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
I was at Harborside for Thanksgiving. From the airport to Harborside the cab driver quoted $40 for three (2 adults and 1 child) including 4 pieces of luggage ($1 per bag) and the $1 bridge toll. When I told her that was higher than I thought she stated that the fee went up $5. On the return trip I only had to pay $35. Looks like the first driver was a little dishonest!

Henry

adanac1

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks everyone for your kind comments. I guess I will need to be aware to walk away from a taxi if they charge too much.
There is four of us (32 + 3 + 3) plus $1 for each piece of luggage (2 suit cases and 2 carry on)($4) and $1 for the toll bridge
A total each way is $43.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't remember ever paying per piece of luggage to or from HRA. I normally don't pay too much attention to that kind of stuff so I could be mistaken.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't remember ever paying per piece of luggage to or from HRA. I normally don't pay too much attention to that kind of stuff so I could be mistaken.

We were charged for our luggage going to Harborside from the cruise ship docks but oddly not when going to the airport from the resort - that driver got an excellent tip.

mjs

TUG Member
Reaction score
SOME drivers will quote $1 per bag. I think it is their way of adding for a so called guaranteed tip.

mjs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the incorrect info I gave.
Thanks for the clarification.
Mark

adanac1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I will be prepared for what awaits me in just two days......considering it will be minus 30 celcius here. We picked the right time to leave.

I am looking forward to going and taking lots of pics.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I will be prepared for what awaits me in just two days......considering it will be minus 30 celcius here. We picked the right time to leave.

I am looking forward to going and taking lots of pics.

Thank you for pointing that out. Good to know that I got back from Jamaica just in time for that weather.:wall:

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Thank you for pointing that out. Good to know that I got back from Jamaica just in time for that weather.:wall:

Hmm -- From -30C (about -19F) to 25C (about 75F) sounds good regardless of the exchange rate!

I bet if you told people in Jamaica and the Bahamas that you have to plug in your car to keep it warm they'd think you've been enjoying too much of the local substances!

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm -- From -30C (about -19F) to 25C (about 75F) sounds good regardless of the exchange rate!

I bet if you told people in Jamaica and the Bahamas that you have to plug in your car to keep it warm they'd think you've been enjoying too much of the local substances!

Local substances? What local substances? :cool: