• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sad result of OJ sentence

derb

TUG Member
Reaction score
OJ will now have to suspend his search for the real killer.

So many golf courses, so little time.

I may move to Nevada just to vote for that judge.

:banana:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Jackie Glass rocks. No star-struck judge here.

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
:cheer: :rofl: :banana:

So many golf courses, so little time.

I may move to Nevada just to vote for that judge.

:banana:

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Be sure to watch Jay Leno tonight, if it's been taped today. He has kept the OJ controversy alive for lo these many years. He's sure to have something to say about it.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to high-five myself on this one!

Poor OJ. He finally found out he can't get away with murder. Oops, that was just a slip of the tongue. This sentence has nothing to do with that horrendous crime of 1994. I read that he was offered a deal but didn't take it. I'm sure he thought that since he wasn't found guilty of the other, then there was no way he would be held to task for a mere armed robbery. :banana: :cheer: :clap:

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
At sentencing OJ said that he was "sorry", that must mean he is sorry he got caught.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Continuing The Criminal Investigation On The Inside.

Maybe OJ will find the Real Killer inside the slammer.

Wouldn't that be something ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I do think he was given the maximum sentence based on the acquittal of the murder trial. Had the murder trial not have ever happened I think the sentence would have been closer to the minimum vs. the maximum.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sorry to rain on your assumption, but it actually wasn't even close to the maximum, which according to the prosecutor was "two life terms plus 40 years". There were several news commentaries and statements by O.J.'s attorney to the effect that they were relieved that the sentence was so light. From his attorney (Galanter): ""We were preparing Mr. Simpson for the worst, and we thought we did really well."

MusicMan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do think he was given the maximum sentence based on the acquittal of the murder trial. Had the murder trial not have ever happened I think the sentence would have been closer to the minimum vs. the maximum.

Actually, he wasn't given "the maximum" sentence. He COULD have gotten life. 33 years with possibility of parole in nine is CONSIDERABLY less than that.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Actually, he wasn't given "the maximum" sentence. He COULD have gotten life. 33 years with possibility of parole in nine is CONSIDERABLY less than that.

That may be correct. He could have been given less however, the reason he wasn't was likely due to people thinking he deserved more because of the acquittal on murder charges.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
O. J. = Orange Jumpsuit.

He could have been given less however, the reason he wasn't was likely due to people thinking he deserved more because of the acquittal on murder charges.
Maybe, but not necessarily.

That is, an armed robbery conviction is extremely serious all by itself.

ojjail.JPG

-- hotlinked --

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
This was not only armed robbery. Weapons were used to hold people against their will, and this falls under the definition of kidnapping - I didn't realize you didn't have to spirit them off to another location for this to apply. Ever since the Lindberg case, kidnapping charges have carried extremely severe penalties attached.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You're right. The kidnapping with weapons (which was holding someone against their will with a weapon shown) was the main basis of the charges.

And Judge Jackie Glass is one tough cookie. She handles many capital cases. She made sure to read specific things into the record for the appelate courts.

Jackie Glass recently tried the case of Craig Titus, the body builder who killed his assistant, along with his wife's help. He copped a deal, or so he thought, so it would go easier on his wife. Jackie Glass sentenced him to quite a bit longer than the deal he made with the DA, so he filed an appeal. When he came back to court, Judge Glass told him that he didn't have a deal with HER, and she wasn't obligated by any agreement he made with the DA. She told him the original sentence she passed would stand.

Fern

This was not only armed robbery. Weapons were used to hold people against their will, and this falls under the definition of kidnapping - I didn't realize you didn't have to spirit them off to another location for this to apply. Ever since the Lindberg case, kidnapping charges have carried extremely severe penalties attached.