• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WOW! Wyndham Grand Desert 300k points for $886 on eBay

tarabell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh well (sigh). I just paid $2,200 for 308,000 last week. Guess I should have waited a little longer. At least I'll have my points in April (if the 5 month to process is true).

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Two and a half years ago I paid $6K for 308K, and that was a great deal. My how times have changed. As it has been stated numerous times this is not a financial investment "Period", but my family and I have enjoyed numerous vacations. If resale values goes to zero, I still feel that I am ahead of the game because I cannot replace the time spent with my family.

luckybunny

Reaction score
What I find interesting is 154K were going for 500 - 700 in Las Vegas & FL, why is this 300K sold for only a little more? Is it the higher MF?

tarabell

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I find interesting is 154K were going for 500 - 700 in Las Vegas & FL, why is this 300K sold for only a little more? Is it the higher MF?

Basically, the seller decided to accept that offer. :eek:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score

Just happen not many people is looking at/around that moment.

It is eBay, it is fire sale market. There is very little reasoning. that is what makes the auction type sale interesting.

Jya-Ning

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I'm looking at potentially purchasing a Wyndham property. Could anyone tell me if this location trades well for Hilton's by chance?

Chris, if you deposit Wyndham/ Fairfield points into the RCI system, you should be able to to get a week at the Hiltons easily enough. The points won't directly trade into the Hiltons. There are 3 great resorts in Orlando that are in Wyndham points. In off-season Orlando, you can get a week in a 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek for a measly $448.00, if your maintenance fees for your points are $4.00 per 1,000:

112,000 points for 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek in September
X $4.00 per 1,000 in MF's
= $448.00

At Christmas, that same week would be double the price, but still not bad for the holiday weeks.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chris, if you deposit Wyndham/ Fairfield points into the RCI system, you should be able to to get a week at the Hiltons easily enough. The points won't directly trade into the Hiltons. There are 3 great resorts in Orlando that are in Wyndham points. In off-season Orlando, you can get a week in a 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek for a measly $448.00, if your maintenance fees for your points are $4.00 per 1,000:

= $448.00

At Christmas, that same week would be double the price, but still not bad for the holiday weeks.

Cindy I don't know the specifics but with FL timeshares I believe the state property taxes are not included in the MF's and are paid seperately or something like that? If that is true that has to be added to the MF.

chris1gill

TUG Member
Reaction score

= $448.00

Thanks, that was the information I was looking for.... I did go ahead and get a 154K package for Grand Desert. I probably overpaid (it was 897.00). For me I didn't want a 300K point package due to the Maintenance fee's. We have other weeks/units and full time vacation condo, so 154K was just fine. I liked the Vegas property, although I could have gone cheaper with other resorts. We are looking at staying at Bonnet Creek every other year for perhaps 2 weeks. A 1 bedroom is fine, a 2 bedroom is okay too if we have the points. I'm interested to see how this will trade for say properties in Australia?

I'm sure I will have plenty of questions once we've closed on the property.