• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mystic Dunes

shmuggee

Reaction score
Just finished a week here, in a 3 bdrm - exchanged through II.

Nice place - but they should change the name to "Mystic Nickel and Dime"

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Stayed there last year for a week and was not overly impressed. There were major problems in our room when we arrived. The hot tub was running (and it was empty). We couldn't shut it off. After waiting for an hour or more (we were afraid to go to sleep), I finally found an electric breaker box and shut it down.They do nickle and dime you to death...too bad they don't put some of those dimes into refurbishing some of the older villas.
The shag rugs and outdated furnishing made me think that Frankie Valli was about to appear at any moment in our living room.
The grounds were immaculate, the golf course clubhouse was beautiful (expensive) but the pools were way too far apart.
I wouldn't go back...nor would I call it a 5 star as II does.
Mike

shmuggee

Reaction score
Right on!

Wife and I would walk the cart path (around 4PM) every day - and marvel at the beauty. We were in building 12 - it was OK. Nothing really major to report.

What is up with the all night lights in the foyer, and the balcony??? I spent a good hour looking for light switches!!!!

Yah - wife doesn't want to go back there, either.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finished a week here, in a 3 bdrm - exchanged through II.

Nice place - but they should change the name to "Mystic Nickel and Dime"

We spent two weeks there two years ago, - nice golf course but pools way too small, too shallow and too far apart. Reception should be built close to the resort entrance and not be part of the sales office. As to the name change - "Mystic DOLLARS" would be more suitable.:eek:

WINSLOW

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just left there Sat. and also was not impressed. Spacious 2 bedroom unit but needs updating and no midweek cleanup service (don't know if that was always that way or just new to save money because of the economy). Absolutely no where near 5 star. And yes the reception should be changed, rebuilt or updated. It looks like your checking into a trailer, not a good 1st impression, thought it was a temporary checkin. Got on short notice for Thanksgiving week, so served it's purpose. But also don't think we'll go back again.