• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt and bonus week

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought (but have not closed on) a hyatt week 7. I recently realized that I would not be able to deposit the week directly with II and that if I want to make an exchange, it has to be done through Hyatt. (Hyatt would take my week and decide what it wants to give to II in return based on their contract).

Does that mean that I would never get a bonus week since bonus weeks are given to those that deposit high demand weeks with II??

If platinum weeks are not traded directly with II, and so don't get the benefits that come with a good trade, why would anyone ever pay a lot more to buy a platinum week at a Hyatt? :confused: It can't be because of the points because I could have bought two 1300 point weeks for A LOT less and ended up with 2600 points, instead of 2200. (I realize that I would have had double the maintenance but it would take years for the additional MF to catch up with the price difference).

Thanks for the help.

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought (but have not closed on) a hyatt week 7. I recently realized that I would not be able to deposit the week directly with II and that if I want to make an exchange, it has to be done through Hyatt. (Hyatt would take my week and decide what it wants to give to II in return based on their contract).

Does that mean that I would never get a bonus week since bonus weeks are given to those that deposit high demand weeks with II??

If platinum weeks are not traded directly with II, and so don't get the benefits that come with a good trade, why would anyone ever pay a lot more to buy a platinum week at a Hyatt? :confused: It can't be because of the points because I could have bought two 1300 point weeks for A LOT less and ended up with 2600 points, instead of 2200. (I realize that I would have had double the maintenance but it would take years for the additional MF to catch up with the price difference).

Thanks for the help.

optimist,

Sorry No bonus weeks with II and Hyatt, but Hyatt get some get trading weeks for only 1300 points and then you have another 900 points left over to use at Hyatt that year. 900 points can go a long way so you get 2 full vacations for 1 MF's.

Yes at 1300 points x 2 or 2600 points and the cost difference it will take you about 10 years for the MF's to catch up for the cost of a 2200 point week.

I have seen however the 2200 and 2000 point values hold up move in values that the 1400,1300 and 1100 point weeks.

We love our 2200 point week we can stay at any Hyatt resort in a 2 bedroom and week no questions asked to see if I have enough points.

I feel tjhe lower level points are great filler points. once you buy one week at Hyatt you will be coming back to buy another many of us have.

Enjoy Hyatt and Welcome.

What resort are you buying TAHOE?

ondeadlin

TUG Member
Reaction score
For 260 Hyatt points, you can get a a green-time studio in Interval.

Within the 60 day window, this is essentially the same as a bonus week -- i.e. sees everything, can trade for any unit.

Always struck me as a solid value.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I would think that people pay more $$ for the Platinum weeks because they want to use them internally with Hyatt (that's why I would buy one, if I could find a great deal!). From what I hear/read, Hyatt trades very well, so if you deposited the required points from your 2 bedroom 2200 pt unit, Hyatt would put a 2 bedroom into your II account and it would probably pull great resorts, especially a week 7. Like Kal says, you'd also have some points left over for some great internal options. You might ask Hyatt what they might deposit for you and how it would work. I enjoy speaking with the Hyatt agents...they are top notch and very helpful :) .

I would love to have more points. My 1400 pts at Tahoe go quickly and I get 8-10 nights out of them. Were you thinking of trading via II often or just occasionally? What kind of resorts are you looking to exchange into?

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were you thinking of trading via II often or just occasionally? What kind of resorts are you looking to exchange into?[/QUOTE]

I am buying mostly to trade. I bought at Beach House but I cannot see us going there more than once or twice. I would love to get to Hawaii and the nice European resorts. That's what my aim was in buying a Hyatt. I did not realize that trading for EVERYTHING was done through Hyatt, I thought you only dealt with them if you wanted to go to a different Hyatt resort other than your home resort.

The part that is still a little unclear for me despite all the reading I have done on this forum is this:
if points are points as far as Hyatt is concerned, why not just buy two cheap weeks as opposed to one expensive week? Do I get something more as an owner of a platinum week than someone who is the owner of two bronze weeks??
Thanks!

newmom2007

Reaction score
I am buying mostly to trade. I bought at Beach House but I cannot see us going there more than once or twice. I would love to get to Hawaii and the nice European resorts. That's what my aim was in buying a Hyatt. I did not realize that trading for EVERYTHING was done through Hyatt, I thought you only dealt with them if you wanted to go to a different Hyatt resort other than your home resort.

The part that is still a little unclear for me despite all the reading I have done on this forum is this:
if points are points as far as Hyatt is concerned, why not just buy two cheap weeks as opposed to one expensive week? Do I get something more as an owner of a platinum week than someone who is the owner of two bronze weeks??
Thanks!

Even though you deal with Hyatt, their staff is all trained on Interval and they have access to the Interval inventory. The reason you deal with them only is because they have access to your account and knowledge to help with all aspects of your membership and you can do it all in one call.
As far as getting more as an owner of a platinum week vs 2 bronze weeks, you would pay 2 maintenance fees for owning 2 weeks and you may have different deadlines to remember based on the weeks you purchase.