• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham changing their calendar???

toothlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this? We have a reservation for a Sat check in Gatlinburg for Spring Break 2009. Just got a call today with RCI rep telling us that our check in date will be Sunday now instead of Sat. as Wyndham is changing their calendar and that is changing all the check-in dates.

Any comment? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks
Edalynn

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham hasn't changed nor is it in the process of changing its calendar. You need a better explanation from RCI as to what is going on.

toothlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Calendar Change for Wyndham

I thought that it sounded crazy. Unfortunaly the person that I have to speak with is out until Monday. I guess my hands are tied, because after listening to her message on my answering machine they do not have a unit for check in on Sat, but have one for Sunday. We have had this booked since June or so. We can check in on Sunday, but we really wanted Saturday. Like I said I feel my hands are tied.

We are Wyndham owners, but got this unit with a banked week. The women knows we own Wyndham, but said we would be seeing the calendar change at some if not all of the resorts owned by Wyndham.

Edalynn

photosmike

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that it sounded crazy. Unfortunaly the person that I have to speak with is out until Monday. I guess my hands are tied, because after listening to her message on my answering machine they do not have a unit for check in on Sat, but have one for Sunday. We have had this booked since June or so. We can check in on Sunday, but we really wanted Saturday. Like I said I feel my hands are tied.

We are Wyndham owners, but got this unit with a banked week. The women knows we own Wyndham, but said we would be seeing the calendar change at some if not all of the resorts owned by Wyndham.

Edalynn

Some Wyndham Resorts spread their check-ins over Fri, Sat and Sun. It may be that RCI does not have one with a Sat check-in in their inventory. I suspect RCI has made the change for their own reason. I suggest talking with a supervisor.

In case you want to speak with the resort manager to confirm that no changes have been made in the check-in calendar, the resort phone number for Wyndham Smoky Mountains is 865-774-3960

Mike

Last edited:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I don't know about that . . . Used to be it was easy to get their Kona Hawaii spacebank weeks with Saturday check-ins and the most recent blocks have been mostly Fridays. My guess is has something to do with how Wyndham is handling their check-ins at points resorts, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure out what.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
My dim recollection of the sightings is that Smoky Mntns in particular is depositing Friday and Sunday check ins to RCI, but keeping Saturday-based weeks for internal use.