• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Broadway Plantation $1

drgary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've made some good TS buys on eBay but this might be the best value:

Many times I have read under "sightings" that Starwood properties were available (often by Denise M using a Starwood TS) which I could not see because of the "grace period" where only Starwood owners could see them. (I especially want to be able to see the Harborside at Atlantis in the future.)

Well, tonight I found a 1 bdrm, week 8 at Sheraton Broadway Plantation on Ebay: my total cost was $1 and the seller is paying the closing costs. (Is that not hard to believe?)

I'm looking forward to seeing the Starwood sightings and thank Denise M especially for her many posts that educate us in the fine points of the Starwood system. (My thanks to the many other tugers that help one another.)

drgary:D
www.travelbesttips.com

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a reason why it is selling for so cheap. It is a GOLD week. Even you have the starwood priority trading, you still need to have trading power to get the unit you want in Hawaii. You may not have enough trading power to get to Hawaii. BTW: I used to own a gold week - it trades lousy.

drgary

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a reason why it is selling for so cheap. It is a GOLD week. Even you have the starwood priority trading, you still need to have trading power to get the unit you want in Hawaii. You may not have enough trading power to get to Hawaii. BTW: I used to own a gold week - it trades lousy.

Good Point.....However, I expect to make the trade to Harborside Atlantis during the flextime window. With a Starwood trader, I will see it before everyone else sees it. (The same could be said for Hawaii.) Hopefully, someone will tell me that my strategy is brilliant.:cheer:

www.travelbesttips.com

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Point.....However, I expect to make the trade to Harborside Atlantis during the flextime window. With a Starwood trader, I will see it before everyone else sees it. (The same could be said for Hawaii.) Hopefully, someone will tell me that my strategy is brilliant.:cheer:

www.travelbesttips.com
Unlike Marriott, SVN bulk banks the weeks. There is not much Harborside or Hawaii during flextime unless it is a cancellation. Marriott has more units during flextime since it get deposit by owners.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
drgary, ok your plan was brillant, If you can pull those trades.

With all the added fees with II, the price starts to add up.

With a litte more money you could've gotten a 1-52 SDO, At least if you couldn't use it, you have a better chance of renting it out.

Good Luck on your trades.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I doubt you will ever see Harborside outside of flexchange. Interval still requires you to have strong trading power to trade to Harborside and a gold week isnt a very strong trading week. Its very rare to ever see Harborside during flexchange. You would be better off spending a few hundred more and getting a platinum 1 bedroom.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

www.travelbesttips.com
Even with the Starwood preference - you still need the 'juice' to get these trades - not all Starwood weeks trade the same.....you will probably be disappointed if your goal is Harborside or Hawaii.

As stated by others - most Starwood weeks are 'bulk deposited' - this ownership unfortunately does not work the same way Marriott does in terms of buying a low season week and trading up in flex-change. Sorry :shrug:

You might want to rethink this purchase.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

www.travelbesttips.com

I can see Harborside in Flexchange with my Foxrun weeks, and they appear at the same time I see them with my Sheraton Platinum week. Perhaps you will get some opportunities that others cannot see, but Flexchange, anything can pull a Starwood during that time. Case in point, the very recent bulk bank of Westin Princeville for November and December; I could see them with all of my weeks. With the Sheraton, I could see further than December.

I would be interested to know if you can see those weeks that are further out. I have no idea if you can or not, and I even considered buying a Gold week to check it out.

drgary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unlike Marriott, SVN bulk banks the weeks. There is not much Harborside or Hawaii during flextime unless it is a cancellation. Marriott has more units during flextime since it get deposit by owners.

Thanks for this information. However, if a cancellation exists......is it still true during flextime that Starwood owners see it first in a two to three day grace period before everyone else sees it?

In another post the abbreviation SDO was used????

Thanks,

drgary
www.travelbesttips.com

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Thanks for this information. However, if a cancellation exists......is it still true during flextime that Starwood owners see it first in a two to three day grace period before everyone else sees it?

Thanks,

drgary
www.travelbesttips.com

Sheraton Desert Oasis in AZ is SDO.

No preference in the Flexchange period. It's rare to see anything in Flexchange, and even when it happens, the check-in date is so close, it is difficult to get flights.

drgary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Desert Oasis in AZ is SDO.

No preference in the Flexchange period. It's rare to see anything in Flexchange, and even when it happens, the check-in date is so close, it is difficult to get flights.

Thanks Cindy......

I now feel the opposite of brilliant.....ha, ha. I just stopped this purchase on eBay. Again, thanks for the tuger support and information......the brilliant thing I did was share what I did .......and ask some questions........with you more brilliant tugers. Again, Thanks.

(It is true from other posts.....I thought Starwood would have the same trading rules as Marriott......good information for everyone.)

drgary
www.travelbesttips.com

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

Thanks,

drgary
www.travelbesttips.com
No (my message is toooo short)

djp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont think it is a bad strategy to try for $1. I have a platinum SMV week as well as a gold SMV week.....the gold week trades great!. My gold (summer) SMV week small 1br got me a week at the Marriott Newport Coast in a 2br...120 days out. I also have seen 2brs at WKORV and Harboside (september_ over 60 days out also. So I too recently picked up a super cheap SBP gold to see how it trades.....if it does not trade well, I will either upgrade through starwood and combine with another retro resale, or I will just sell it for $1. Not much risk IMO.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont think it is a bad strategy to try for $1. I have a platinum SMV week as well as a gold SMV week.....the gold week trades great!. My gold (summer) SMV week small 1br got me a week at the Marriott Newport Coast in a 2br...120 days out. I also have seen 2brs at WKORV and Harboside (september_ over 60 days out also. So I too recently picked up a super cheap SBP gold to see how it trades.....if it does not trade well, I will either upgrade through starwood and combine with another retro resale, or I will just sell it for $1. Not much risk IMO.

My thought exactly! K

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Gold at SMV will trade much better than gold at MBP. The kids are out of school -- millions plan vacations -- Colorado (also referred to as "West Texas" by Texans hoping to escape the heat) is beautiful in the summer --- the resort is nice, etc.

Myrtle Beach, on the other hand, has very little demand during Gold Season. In fact, many of the platinum weeks are poor traders (but you can't beat those prime summer weeks!).

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gold at SMV will trade much better than gold at MBP. The kids are out of school -- millions plan vacations -- Colorado (also referred to as "West Texas" by Texans hoping to escape the heat) is beautiful in the summer --- the resort is nice, etc.

Myrtle Beach, on the other hand, has very little demand during Gold Season. In fact, many of the platinum weeks are poor traders (but you can't beat those prime summer weeks!).

Totally agreed... Once I got a early May platinum week for SBP, I barely can find anything. I have to call SVN to get another week. SMV gold season trade a lot better.