• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Philly to Orlando

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

What is a good rate for airfare? We are going in January.

Thanks.
Michelle

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are usualy good rates on Spirit air from Atlantic City. Haven't checked lately but the luggage pickup (if checked) is faster than Philly.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Someone here will likely look it up for you, but I'm going to suggest that, for future reference, you try researching airfares yourself --

..... First, go to one of these meta-search websites:
www.farecompare.com
www.sidestep.com; or
www.kayak.com
..... Also, try these online travel agencies:
www.expedia.com; or
www.travelocity.com
..... Next, double-check fares on some of the airlines' own websites, such as:
www.delta.com
www.usairways.com
www.ual.com; or
www.aa.com
..... Lastly, check out "low-cost" carriers, like:
www.jetblue.com; and
www.southwest.com
Spirit Air (www.spiritair.com) seems to have a love-hate relationship with its passengers.
"Good luck" seems to be the message if you need some customer service.

Last edited:

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone here will likely look it up for you, but I'm going to suggest that, for future reference, you try researching airfares yourself...
[/url]

Thank you. I do know about these sites, but I'm not sure if the fares I am finding are good or if I will be able to get lower rates if I wait. Right now the fares are around $180 RT.

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I do know about these sites, but I'm not sure if the fares I am finding are good or if I will be able to get lower rates if I wait. Right now the fares are around $180 RT.

$180 RT is a good fare from anywhere to anywhere right now. I would hop on it before prices go up tonight. They tend to change fares on Tuesday nights, and as you get closer the chances are the fare will go up. Most sites will refund you the difference if the fare actually goes down. Orbitz does, AA.com does, and I know a few of the others do as well.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I do know about these sites, but I'm not sure if the fares I am finding are good or if I will be able to get lower rates if I wait. Right now the fares are around $180 RT.

You are going to Florida during its "high season" (lack of snow, perhaps), so you're unlikely to find great fares. However, you may do better by waiting for two reasons:
1. Fuel prices are falling, dramatically.
B. Domestic fare sales seem to start about 6 - 8 weeks out.

Alternatively, www.orbitz.com is advertising that if someone later books a fare on that flight that is lower than yours, they will refund the difference to you. Worth checking out, IMO.

Last edited:

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of your travel dates, but a check on Kayak.com for 10 Jan to 17 Jan quoted $164 non-stop from PHL to MCO.
Farecast.com recommends BUY, but I'm not sure of the accuracy of their "predictions". In any case under $200 sounds pretty good to me.

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all your replies. I just booked my tickets on USAir for $139pp RT. All taxes and fees included. :)

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Good deal. BTW, bring your own beverages.
Incidentially, I just rec'd an e-mail from Delta advertising a domestic fare sale, so we may be entering a period of lower prices, for the moment.

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Incidentially, I just rec'd an e-mail from Delta advertising a domestic fare sale, so we may be entering a period of lower prices, for the moment.
AND try to bring carry-on all (or most) of your stuff. USAir charges for each piece of checked luggage.

USAir also has some good deals if you fly non-peak. For example, I found a PVD to JAX fare of less than $200 (total) if I departed on Christmas & returned on New Year's Day.

Last edited:

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score

Delta would have to pay me to fly with them after my experience flying down to Orlando from Philly with my son two weeks ago. Airtran on the way back was fantastic but slightly cramped.