• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Check-in Date Switcheroo! :-(

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Grrrr...for this "service" I pay member dues? I have had two confirmed exchanges for awhile now...and today checked my RCI account and found my check-in dates had changed! :eek: I'm sure I've seen others post about this kind of problem recently...but I can't find the postings. :doh: Who all did this happen to, and were you able to get your week back and your exchange fee back with no penalty to you? Thank goodness I don't have my airline tix yet for either trip, or I'd be cryin' the blues. :bawl: Hmmm, maybe their Saturday night "maintenance" changed my dates and maybe tomorrow magically it will be back to the way it should be? :crash:

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Carol C, did you check the "View/Print Confirmation Button" on your on-line account or were you looking at the Confirmed Exchanges screen only? With the recent changes in the RCI website (see post #8 on this thread: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84941), there have been some issues reported with the dates showing on the Confirmed Exchanges screen. My exchanges have incorrect dates as well, but the actual confirmations have the right dates. Hopefully they figure this out soon.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Carol C, did you check the "View/Print Confirmation Button" on your on-line account or were you looking at the Confirmed Exchanges screen only? With the recent changes in the RCI website (see post #8 on this thread: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84941), there have been some issues reported with the dates showing on the Confirmed Exchanges screen. My exchanges have incorrect dates as well, but the actual confirmations have the right dates. Hopefully they figure this out soon.

Thank you. I checked and the "View/Print Confirmation" doesn't have anything...it's blank. So I called and the RCI VC (sounded Canadian, was very nice) apologized and said I must be the 76th call he got today about the dates appearing wrong. He had the correct dates in his system, so I feel reassured. However, he said it might take a week for the correct dates to appear on our computers when we check from home. :rolleyes:

For my money, I wish they had the old search system. I don't like the "improved" system...didn't like it when I checked extra vacations, and I don't like it all when checking with my weeks. I guess I'm a creature of habit. :eek:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Carol, this happened to me. I had to go into internet options and delete cookies, then my dates were correct. The RCI guide had me talk to their tech support people, and it turned out, the problem was on my end.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
The RCI guide had me talk to their tech support people, and it turned out, the problem was on my end.

That sounds like a bologna response to a programming error to me. I was one of the ones that paniced when I saw my dates wrong on the front page. I just knew I had booked the wrong dates and it was going to cost me to fix it.

This never ever happened to me before the weekend software changes.

Sheila

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
That sounds like a bologna response to a programming error to me. I was one of the ones that paniced when I saw my dates wrong on the front page. I just knew I had booked the wrong dates and it was going to cost me to fix it.

This never ever happened to me before the weekend software changes.

Sheila

No. It was on my end. Once I deleted cookies, the dates were correct. The guide read my dates from his end and said it was probably on mine. It was my issue, not theirs. It's shown correctly on my end ever since.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Some of my check-in dates are screwed up too. :( When I click on View/Print Confirmation the correct dates appear. Very nice enhancement, eh?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
No. It was on my end. Once I deleted cookies, the dates were correct. The guide read my dates from his end and said it was probably on mine. It was my issue, not theirs. It's shown correctly on my end ever since.

Cindy, I'm not disputing what you've said, but I'm also not sure what to say. When I cleared both cookies and Temporary Internet Files on my computer, then refreshed the page, my dates are still wrong. Going to the Print Confirmation page does show the correct dates, as others have reported.

Interestingly enough, I also see that a past exchange that still shows up has me checking into Arroyo Roble in Sedona on September 1, 2008. I actually checked in there on October 11th. Since it's old news, it's not a big deal, but it's still wrong. So the incorrect date thing isn't just for future exchanges - RCI is trying to change the past, too. Talented company. ;)

Dave

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I also see that a past exchange that still shows up has me checking into Arroyo Roble in Sedona on September 1, 2008. I actually checked in there on October 11th. Since it's old news, it's not a big deal, but it's still wrong. So the incorrect date thing isn't just for future exchanges - RCI is trying to change the past, too. Talented company. ;)

Dave

:rofl: just to keep from :bawl:

P.S. Update: cleaned up cookies (they were delicious). My two exchanges are still showing incorrect dates. :shrug:

DianneL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Telephoned RCI

I telephoned RCI and got a guide that I could hardly understand as English was not her first language. I did understand from her, however, that they are having problems with their website. She confirmed the correct dates to me on my future confirmed exchanges.

Larry

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of my confirmed vacation dates are now correct. My dates were all wrong on the first page but when I clicked on confirmed vacations everything was always correct.

First page is now also correct.:hi:

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
My dates are finally right too. What takes them SO long? Geesh! :(

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My dates are fixed now, too. As OP, I request a mod to lock this thread...nothing more to discuss.Thanks! :clap: