• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone Heard of Sell my Timeshare Now?

lindastar

Reaction score
They were seen on the Today show and they seem Ok But they want $599
for advertisement and they keep the ad up till they sell it.

judy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
DONOT put any money up front. They take your money and run. I don't know any of these companies that ask for upfront fees that actually sell a timeshare. They all seem to be scams, even if they appear on national TV

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
My impression is that lot of the money goes to TV ads to collect more money from other desperate TS Owners, 1% goes to actually trying to sell TS's and the rest goes to the company.

Cheers

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plenty of things can be made to sound good....there are charities that don't give much %wise to the real cause they claim to support or when you bought the timeshare you thought you really had a good deal just to name two. The ad can be online somewhere that no one ever finds.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
For $599 you get a very generic ad on their website and you still have to invest your own time responding to questions from potential buyers. You can get the same arrangement for a lot less $$ elsewhere.

The key to selling your timeshare is knowing its real value which will be considerably less than what you paid. Another problem with companies like sellmytimeshaenow is that their upfront fee is often more than the timeshare is actually worth.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
As a buyer I have made offers to sellers through SellMyTimeshareNow. They seem to have done a good job of transmitting offers received to sellers. It looks as if it's done automatically.

As with most of those fee listing companies, I get many responses in which the seller indicates that my inquiry is the first and only one they have ever received from their ad. So while they might be burning money advertising on places such as the Today show, I would question how effective that advertising is in attracting real buyers.

And that's what you need to think about. Are those ads on Today show really designed to sell timeshares? Does you really think that they have decided that the Today show is a great location to find people who are ready to buy a timeshare? Or is the Today show really a better place to find people who have timeshares they want to sell?

I think it's pretty clear that those ads aren't being run to bring in buyers; those ads are being run to bring in more listings. They claim they are using your money to promote selling your timeshare, but they really don't do any sales advertising. They don't promote your timeshare, nor do they use the money to try to interest people in buying resale timeshare.

What they really do is use your money to advertise their company and bring in more listings. They put a thin veneer of sales promotion on it, but when you see the ads it's clear that the ads are really targeted at people who own timeshares and want to sell, with the goal of getting that listing fee.

zman102

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are looking to sell I would suggest you understand all the costs involved (up front fees, etc.) and how the process works. As a buyer, I've used this site to see where the opportunities are and the related costs. As a seller, you might be better off using this forum since the costs might be much lower. The more informed you are the better financial decisions you'll make.

Good luck!

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not exactly...

As a seller, you might be better off using this forum...

Advertising of any kind is specifically prohibited in the TUG bbs forums...

zman102

TUG Member
Reaction score
I meant....

Advertising of any kind is specifically prohibited in the TUG bbs forums...

ooops....honest mistake.

I meant the tug2.net forum/site and not this specifically (new member still getting used to the differences between tugbbs and tug2.net).

jemmielou

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes. sent them 599.00 no success from it in about two years. no contacts from them. seems they just want your money.

jemmielou

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes. gave them my money. no results in about two years. no contacts from them. seems they just wanted the money. :(

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
If a company is claiming a great business model that is guaranteed to be able to sell your timeshare at an agreed upon price, ask them to take their proceeds out of the sale - I am confident that you will have 0% take you up on that deal.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Their Great Excuse For Why They Can't Do It That Way.

If a company is claiming a great business model that is guaranteed to be able to sell your timeshare at an agreed upon price, ask them to take their proceeds out of the sale - I am confident that you will have 0% take you up on that deal.
Right you are -- because they don't have any buyers waiting in the wings.

They're slinging total baloney, of course, but baloney of such a pungent flavor & aroma that some of the starving would-be timeshare sellers out there are so ravenous to swallow that they snap it right up -- to their very great regret once their up-front money is gone & they learn the timeshare resale realities the hard way.

The 1st time I told a Fabuous Business Model company to take their fees & expenses out of the proceeds they're about to collect from selling my timeshare, they said they can't do it that way because their service is not Real Estate Brokerage, & therefore their customers have to pay separately.

The 2nd time I told'm that (on another cold call several months later), they just hung up on me.

So it goes.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​