• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone know anything about a resale company called Timeshare Property Management?

SueperMom

Reaction score
HELP!! I've been talking to these folks - who claim that they resell timeshares by providing the same type of 2-3 day "free vacation" presentations at which some of us neophytes were originally suckered,:doh: umm I mean sold to.

They set the intended purchaser up at the local FL timeshare that is being offered for resale, to enjoy the accomodations and require them to attend their own version of the usual 90 minute+ high-pressure sales presentation. This, they say, is the only way to resell timeshares and get a reasonable amount. They advise pricing the timeshare a bit below what the developer is marketing the same unit for, but still a lot better than one can get on eBay!

They do want $899 upfront -"to cover the presentation cost, Title Search and all other reselling costs" but they are indicating that they would be willing to split their fee and defer half of it until after the sale.

Is this another scam?? I ran them thru BBB and it finds the company name but just says that BBB has no complaints against them.

I know that the "heads-up" is to RUN from any company that wants to charge anything significant up front, but I haven't seen anything about reselling with an actual vacation presentation like this. Does it make a difference in the "RUN" advice? Where else can I check them out?

Any thoughts?:shrug:

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG! :hi:

No matter what they say, once they have your up front fee, what's their motivation to actually SELL your TS?

And do you really want to be a part of their high pressure scheme?

Don't do it!

Good luck!

SueperMom

Reaction score
They claim that they make a sizeable amount of their money from the financing of the resale. They also say that, until it sells, they will rent it at no additional fee - although they "say" that they typically sell within about 90 days.

They tell me that, in Florida, resale of timeshares falls under the oversight of the Dept. of Consumer Services & Agriculture - which is where they claim to be licensed. I am getting more specifics.

Sound believable? Fishy? Stink to high Heaven?:shrug:

My husband really wants to sell our timeshare if we can actually get any real money for it - he was "downsized off" about a month ago and we haven't yet been able to replace his income. Good jobs in construction are tough right now

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They claim that they make a sizeable amount of their money from the financing of the resale. They also say that, until it sells, they will rent it at no additional fee - although they "say" that they typically sell within about 90 days.

Again, what's their motivation to sell it once they have your money? If you give them your money I can guarantee you will be back in 6 months to tell us that you are out $899, still paying the maintenance fees, and they haven't sold your TS.

Don't do it...

Instead, read the info. at the top of this page about how to sell your timeshare yourself. If there is any market for it, you can sell it. If not, you might consider giving it away to get rid of the maintenance fee.

Good luck!

SueperMom

Reaction score
They say that their continued $$ motivation is the additional monies received through the financing. Also, "Additional motivation is that we are a legit co."

Is the other "stuff" they are telling me valid?

Does timeshare resale actually fall under the Dept. of Consumer Services & Agriculture? They say that each of the Timeshare Property Management employees is individually licensed and, as well as TPM itself, has a valid license w/ the Dept. of Consumer Services & Agriculture (a Federal Dept?). They claim that they must pass thorough background checks to get these licenses.

They say that they use Timeshare Transfer (which has the Real Estate License) as the Title, Deed Transfer & Escrow company. And that thay use Resort Closings or Resort Transfer to prepare the deed & closing.

I don't mean to be a pain, but I promised my hubby I would really check these folks out.

I really appreciate your help,
Susan

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Susan, if you really appreciate the help then just listen to the advice and stop repeating the lies that you have been told. There is a simple way to determine if the company is legitimate with a good business model - get them to take their fees out of the sale. I guarantee that they will refuse to do so with some form of disclaimer about out of pocket expenses, advertising expenses etc.

The names change, the lies change the only thing that remains the same with these upfront companies - they victimize the uninformed.

BTW - timeshares are regulated by states and provinces in the U.S. and Canada.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They say that their continued $$ motivation is the additional monies received through the financing. Also, "Additional motivation is that we are a legit co."

Is the other "stuff" they are telling me valid?

Does timeshare resale actually fall under the Dept. of Consumer Services & Agriculture? They say that each of the Timeshare Property Management employees is individually licensed and, as well as TPM itself, has a valid license w/ the Dept. of Consumer Services & Agriculture (a Federal Dept?). They claim that they must pass thorough background checks to get these licenses.

They say that they use Timeshare Transfer (which has the Real Estate License) as the Title, Deed Transfer & Escrow company. And that thay use Resort Closings or Resort Transfer to prepare the deed & closing.

I don't mean to be a pain, but I promised my hubby I would really check these folks out.

I really appreciate your help,
Susan

I know it's not what you want to hear, but we've given you our best advice.

None of these claims and promises matter, because there is no guarantee that they will actually sell your timeshare.

Right now the timeshare resale market is flooded with timeshares because of the economy. Even very nice timeshares are selling for $1 - or not selling at all. On ebay alone, there are 1,500 timeshares for sale and there are pages and pages of them listed for $1.

PM me with the name of your resort/season/size and I will see if I can find some Comps for you. (However, due to TUG rules, don't post the info. here.)