• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Location of 2BR units at the Bay Club

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
We have a 2BR rez. at the Bay Club (RCI exchange) in Jan. & I've read in the reviews that there are two types of 2BRs. Can anyone share further on the differences?

Has anyone been successful in calling and requesting a particular unit or bldg.?

Are all the 2BRs on the corners of the bldgs with golf course views?

We stayed there a few yrs. ago in a 1BR & the lanai faced the parking lot. IIRC the 2BRs all faced the golf course but not sure.

TIA

[Edit: found a site that shows the layout & sq. footage of the two types of 2BR units. http://www.southkohala.com/store/p20condo_details30.php]

Last edited:

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Phil, we were there in February of this year. We did call and request an upper floor but nothing else. When we got there, the check-in person told us, "Oh, you're in a very nice villa."

Buildings 5, 6, 7 and 8, 11, 12 and 13 are a different style than the rest of the buildings. They are only two stories instead of the normal three or four. From the floor plans, we had floorplan A, which was perfect with two couples, because the second bedroom bathroom was completely private. We also had our own carport.

We were in building 13, which is right next door to a small pool area, but no hot tub. If I had my preference, I would request buildings 11, 12 or 13, top floor, which is realy not many stairs. It backed onto the end of the golf course and was one of the nicest timeshares we had stayed in. 5, 6, 7 and 8 are across the road and would back onto a green area, then the main road through the resort.

I will mention that if you have children, these units are not close to the main clubhouse and larger pool area, but for two couples, it was great.

I've also PM'd you

Bev

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
There are actually 3 types of 2 BRs. Each building is a C shaped building, 3 story building. With the back closed slide of the C squared off not rounded.

A plan which is a 1283 Sq Ft Living area and a 648 Sq ft Lanai. All of A floor plans are on the flat closed back side of the C. All of the A plans face the golf course directly.

B plan is 1118 sq ft and a 456 sq ft Lanai. These are located at the top or the bottom of the C. They have golf course views but also face the next building.

C and D plans are 1 BR units, and are at the opening of the Cs. These have parking lot views.

E and F plans are actually 2 BR Villas, they each have 1484 sq ft of living and 562 of Lanai space. These are in seperate 2 stories building. Each building only has 2 units an upper and a lower unit. Each unit has is own car port. These unit has 2.5 baths, which makes it easier to seperate from the A B plans which only a 2 Baths.

I actually posted floorplans in the past on the Bay Club review section, but I do not know what happened to those attachments. It was under the old review pages. I own at Bay Club and have all the documents from our purchase.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Buildings 5, 6, 7 and 8, 11, 12 and 13 are a different style than the rest of the buildings. They are only two stories instead of the normal three or four. From the floor plans, we had floorplan A, which was perfect with two couples, because the second bedroom bathroom was completely private. We also had our own carport.

Bev

These are not actually A floor plans, but rather E/F floorplans for Villas units. F is upper and E is lower.

There are only 28 Villas.
There are 90 2BRs floor plans A and B. (36 are B plans and 54 are A plans.)
There are 36 Floor plan D (1 BR 1.5 Bath).
There are 18 Floor plan C (1 BR 1 Bath).

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are two types of 2BRs. Can anyone share further on the differences?

Size and position, see my posts above this one for size and location information.

Has anyone been successful in calling and requesting a particular unit or bldg.?

I think it has been hit and miss. Some requests get filled some do not. It may end up being a matter of what was deposited into RCI, since by RCI descriptions there is only a single type of 2 BR and that is wrong. Even with A and B floor plans, Penthouse units were sold at a premium and owners of penthouses are given preferences to these top floor units.

Are all the 2BRs on the corners of the bldgs with golf course views?

We stayed there a few yrs. ago in a 1BR & the lanai faced the parking lot. IIRC the 2BRs all faced the golf course but not sure.

See my post above, at least all 2 BR are directly on the golf course, or have golf course views. All of the 1 BR have parking lot views.

Sandy

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandy,
Thanks for all the info. This site seems to be in conflict with the info you are offering. http://www.southkohala.com/store/p20condo_details30.php Can you explain the conflict? The sq. footages don't match. Are they talking about another area? :)

[Edit: all is now clear. See my post below.]

Last edited:

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandy,
I finally found the maps of the Bay Club. When you are on the main TUG review page for the BC just click on "Additional Information" in the lower left corner. Voila! :)

The Villas look awesome. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for one of those.

Thanks again & thanks also to Bev.