• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV Update Questions

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey all...I went through a bunch of threads but still have a few ?'s.

1) What is the status of renovations? When are they supposed to be done?

2) I am a SBP owner who traded in via II, what's the best avenue for a room request? We don't want anything fancy, just want to avoid highway viewing AND hoping to stay in the same unit for our 2 weeks (May 2-16). :cheer:

3) What are the rules for the kids club...do we have to stay on property?

4) I haven't heard much talk about the movies out on the beach lawn...are they still ding this? Fun?

Thanks in advance!
C.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Renovations on the south property are ongoing. Not sure what building/floor they're on yet.

If you request the north property, none of them have highway views. I'd also suggest faxing them a few weeks prior to your stay and very nicely requesting the same room for both weeks, if possible.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Renovations on the south property are ongoing. Not sure what building/floor they're on yet.

If you request the north property, none of them have highway views. I'd also suggest faxing them a few weeks prior to your stay and very nicely requesting the same room for both weeks, if possible.

Two weeks ago they were in building 2, top two floors.

Mookie

Reaction score
My recollection is that other kids can stay in the kids club, but it's more expensive for non-guests.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can request your views, but I would not expect anything. With regards to the stay-over, considering that you are already an owner at Starwood, you should contact the Owner Services department and request the stay-over. Believe me, it is in the resorts best interest to keep you in the same villa if they can.....this means less check-outs-and-ins for them!

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
a couple of follow ups...

1) What I meant to ask is can we drop kids at the kids club and go grab lunch in Lahaina or do we have to stay on site?

2) I guess I am still a bit confused as to who to contact for a room request. FAX - to what number? Owner Services - do you mean just our normal reservation number listed on MyStarCentral?

Thanks again!

C.

glenn1000

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

1) What I meant to ask is can we drop kids at the kids club and go grab lunch in Lahaina or do we have to stay on site?

There is a local babysitting service called the Nanny Connection. They will send a sitter to you for a minimum of three hours and we thought that it was less expensive and more fun than the resort service. It's been a few years since we used them since our kids are getting older.

http://www.thenannyconnection.com/

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can leave your kids at the kids club to go off site. At least we have been able to do it before. Also, Nanny Connection is great. We used them often when my kids were babies and toddlers and we were always impressed with the quality of the babysitters!

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score

2) I guess I am still a bit confused as to who to contact for a room request. FAX - to what number? Owner Services - do you mean just our normal reservation number listed on MyStarCentral?

Thanks again!

C.

Yes, you are correct, simply call 1-888-SV-OWNER

baz48

TUG Member
Reaction score
Regarding staying in the same unit for both weeks, we've done that twice, both times in 1 BR units. Both times I made the request when we first checked in. The first time the clerk was able to get it approved right then by a manager in the back, perhaps because we were assigned to a dedicated 1 BR unit, not the 1 BR side of a 2 BR lockout. The second time we were in the lockout situation and I had to go back to the desk on the 6th day and see if they were able to keep us in the same unit, which they did.