• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Palms in Pompano Beach

travelplanner70

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to stay here ($1000/week - 2 bedroom) in March. However, I am used to staying at Marriotts. In fact, we have stayed many times at BeachPlace Towers and like it - mostly for its location. How does the Ocean Palms compare to say BeachPlace Towers or Ocean Pointe in West Palm Beach? The reviews are a bit mixed so I cannot tell if I should lock in Ocean Palms? Would it compare favorably with the two Marriotts I mentioned above? Is this a good price for a rental? Thank you for your help.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, "Ocean Palms" is not actually a resort in and of itself, but is instead actually the name of one of about 8 separate buildings at Wyndham Sea Gardens. The units at this facility are of varying age, size and conditions, depending on the particular building. The Ocean Palms building is the one farthest to the west, farthest from the beach, close to (and abutting) Riverside Drive.

I haven't been in any Ocean Palms units at Wyndham Sea Gardens (nor in any of the Marriotts you reference), so I cannot offer informed comparison, but $1k for a 2BR week in a FL coastal location in March certainly does not seem at all unreasonable to me. If it's week 10, however, you might just find yourself blessed with the infestation (er...I meant "arrival") of many college kids on their "Spring Break" (and behaving accordingly)...

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Palms is the newest building at Wyndham Sea Gardens. It is a nice unit, but this building is a good 2 blocks from the beach - walking thru the resort and across A1A to the beach. There is a nice heated pool and hot tub at the base of the Ocean Palms building. Parking is in the garage under the units. High units may have a distance view of the ocean or a slice of the intercoastal waterway.

Furniture and decor is a plantation style with palm trees, beiges, pale yellow and pale greens (tasteful). The kitchen needs updating, IMO (pink cabinets and no granite). Master bedroom has entrance onto the balcony as does the LR. MBR has King bed and private bath with jetted tub and shower. 2nd BDR has two double beds, entrance to the second bath (as does the hall). There is a stacked W/D in these units.

The resort has an activties daily (more than the other Pompano Beach Wyndham resorts), a centrally located Tiki Bar, and some of the worst WIFI in the area. The free WIFI is located in the checkin area only with almost no seating or power plugs. Call resort to see if they UPDATED the WIFI, if you are a interent junkie.;)

As for local food and entertainment comparable to Beach Place - No. Pompano Beach is NOT Ft Lauderdale. I would say you must have a car - there is nothing less than a mile for eating except out of a vending machine. There is a shopping center about 5 minutes away with a Home Depot, a subway, and a bakery with internet. I prefer the Galleria Mall.

Hope others add their thoughts.

Disclaimer: I own a unit at Ocean Palms and a unit at Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the TUG Marketplace for Rentals for the Ft Lauderdale Area?:D

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
t WIFI in the area. The free WIFI is located in the checkin area only with almost no seating or power plugs. Call resort to see if they UPDATED the WIFI, if you are a interent junkie.;)

Hope others add their thoughts.

I've traded into OP a couple of times and am headed there again on November 21 - your summary is right on.

I believe that free wi-fi is available at City Hall in Pompano as well.