• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New eBay seller: alltimevacations-2008 (Merged threads)

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
This seller appeared today listing a dozen high-end timeshares (Marriott, Hyatt, WorldMark) in high season. Beautifully constructed ads. Detail accurate.

The ad states that "Closing will be handled by a Licensed, Bonded, and Insured Title Company", but no title company is named and they want payment sent to their own e-mail address via Paypal within five days of end of auction. Obviously, some due diligence is in order before I bid and potentially send several thousand dollars into cyberspace.

So I sent an e-mail asking delicately about the name and independence of their escrow agent and the availability of title insurance. I will update this when/if I get a response.

In the interim, does anyone know anything about this seller?

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
NO but Wanted Weeks has recently and notoriously disappeared off eBay leaving many people in the dust. Based on the poor descriptions given of the properties for sale, many TUGgers figured out that they are now under new, different seller's names (due to the poor feedback).

I would not be surprised if this is one of the WW alias names.

If so, I would run away...

Katherine

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I would not send money to any eBay seller directly - use escrow account only - insist on it - or move on. IMO (not so humble)

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I received a prompt response to my eBay inquiry. Their closing company is American Timeshare Closings. I googled that name and the first link was back here to TUG:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56819&page=2

Apparently not dishonest, but not the quickest or most responsive escrow agent. If they take 6 months (as they have with others), and Marriott then takes 6 months to transfer its records, I would be waiting a year. So I will stay away from this seller unless he agrees in advance to let me pick the closing company.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
redweek4less & redweeks4less

I think this new seller is a new name of ebay seller - redweek4less and redweeks4less, aka iavacations. Recently their account was suspended and it was mentioned by another tugger a few days ago.
redweek4less and redweeks4less are the same sellers (iavacations) and they used american timeshare closings.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Whoever the seller is has indicated that he/she/it is completely inflexible regarding the choice of closing company. When I suggested using Timeshare Transfer, I was informed that one can google any closing company and find complaints.

Maybe so, but I will stay away from this seller.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had great luck with redweek(s)4less. But all these postcard companies use their own closing companies, which tend to be licensed and OK in my experience. They make their profit off the closing fees so they are not about to let you use another company.

:shrug: I have bought a lot of TSs off of ebay recently with no problems using their closing co. As long as it is a true closing co and they send a warranty deed, who cares?

Katherine

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I think this new seller is a new name of ebay seller - redweek4less and redweeks4less, aka iavacations. Recently their account was suspended and it was mentioned by another tugger a few days ago.
redweek4less and redweeks4less are the same sellers (iavacations) and they used american timeshare closings.

I think yumdrey is correct on this. Check out post #6 in this link where icydog having problems getting a deed recorded and being lied to by the closing company; the seller is redweekforless:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84246

What makes me believe that this is the same entity as "alltimevacations - 2008" is how correspondence from both companies is signed. In post #1 of this thread (which quotes from correspondence with redweeks4less):

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83698&highlight=redweeks4less+suspended

and in my own correspondence with alltimevacations - 2008, messages are closed with:
Thanks,
Stacy
I suppose it is possible that there are two Stacies working at two post card companies who sign e-mails similarly, but for me it is a balance between problematic sellers on eBay creating aggravation and maybe some risk versus paying slightly more money elsewhere. I cannot afford to save that money.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
They listed a high value WKORV week now too. Now there is something I would have a problem with -- paying $10,000+ to someone with supposedly 0 feedback, or worse negative feedback from a prior listing name. I wonder what it will sell for. Katherine

RahRah

TUG Member
Reaction score
They listed a high value WKORV week now too. Now there is something I would have a problem with -- paying $10,000+ to someone with supposedly 0 feedback, or worse negative feedback from a prior listing name. I wonder what it will sell for. Katherine

I just realized I have one of their weeks in my watch list on eBay....no bids yet (from me or others)....so I clicked through to to see all their listings and geez, they have some big, big bids getting ready to close!

They're on eBay since October 24th (as per the profile)
Have 0 feedback
And, as of my writing this, 32 active listings; ....24 have bids, 8 have no bids....with bids totaling $61,970....and the bidding closes on them all in the coming days!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Advice for Timeshare Buyer's

Remember, when you purchase a Timeshare you should always use an escrow agent to handle things for you. Since it is the buyer who pays for this then it should be the buyer who hires this person.

Don't be pushed into using someone who doesn't represent you! You are paying the fee so you are entitled to representation that protects you, the buyer.

This is how it works when you purchase Real Estate anywhere; you get your own attorney to represent you. You never use the seller's attorney, never!

Additionally, before getting involved with any closing that could stretch out for months and months, place things in writing in the contract; such as "title transfer and all documentation will occur within 45 days or buyer is entitled to a 100% refund". This means everyone performs or the buyer is off the hook.

Another thing to place in the contract: "Seller agrees to make a reservation that buyer requests, and transfer said reservation to buyer at time of title transfer". This way the buyer can get the time he/she wants next year without letting the delay of the title transfer process interfere with the buyer's ability to reserve the time he/she really wants (example: try reserving Marriott Platinum time with less than 12 months to go.... NOT).

Hope this helps.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
This seller is inflexible regarding the choice of closing agent. See this e-mail in response to my specific request to use Timeshare Transfer on a deal that will probably go for about $10,000:
Robert,
Sorry, but AMerican TImeshare Closing will be handling the transfer. I can gooogle Timeshare Transfer and find negative feedback on them as well. Unfortunately their isn't a closing company out there that doesn't have some negative comments on them and usually its not there fault. If you want to bid on my properties then please understand we use AMerican TImeshare Closing and they will do a great and quick job.
THanks,
Stacy

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Robert: Don't get sucked into it!

Tell them you'll bid on it with the stipulation you use your own closing company, otherwise tell them you'll walk.

And, you may have to walk!

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Robert: Don't get sucked into it!

I started the thread hoping to learn something positive about the seller. What I have learned from the seller directly is that they insist on a closing agent with a less-than-stellar reputation and what I have learned from others on this board (icydog and yumdrey) is that the seller may be the same seller as one who was suspended from eBay and should be avoided.

Don't worry; I'm not bidding.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
thats a bummer..
sounds like they have a "deal" with this closing company.. if it takes 6 months to close the deal that more time for them to collect intrest on your money..

WALK no,,, RUN away from this scam.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is a deal between this seller and title co (American Timeshare closing), actually, they are same companies and share the building and offices :hysterical:
If you check their addresses, it's same!

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they want their closing company to close the deal, fine. You can pay $100 extra and have the money held in escrow by timeshare transfer. Just prepare a contract that lists the terms and conditions under which Timeshare Transfer will release the funds to American Title. the terms are that the timeshare closes within a specified period and that the deed is a warranty deed or special warranty deed, and that the management company recognizes the transfer and that there are no outstanding bills owed. That's not a lot to ask, and if you're willing to pay the $100 for the additional, independent escrow company, I would say that the seller is not to be trusted if they refuse.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think the reason a lot of PCC insist on using their own closing company is so they can cover up the way that they operate. Using POA on all of their sales to the high fees charged to the seller on the settlement statement. There are several that don't even use a seperate closing company. They do their own closings. I am thinking that they first use the POA to trasfer the the deed in to their name and then in to the name of the buyer. If they are not party to the transaction then they couldn't prepare the deed and perform and unlicensed closing. However they also want all funds within 3 days of auction close. Using a seperate escrow company of your choosing would be a good idea.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If they want their closing company to close the deal, fine. You can pay $100 extra and have the money held in escrow by timeshare transfer. Just prepare a contract that lists the terms and conditions under which Timeshare Transfer will release the funds to American Title. the terms are that the timeshare closes within a specified period and that the deed is a warranty deed or special warranty deed, and that the management company recognizes the transfer and that there are no outstanding bills owed. That's not a lot to ask, and if you're willing to pay the $100 for the additional, independent escrow company, I would say that the seller is not to be trusted if they refuse.

I didn't know that could be done for $100. I will consider this option if I ever buy from a seller that I have any questions about or who makes me use a closing service that I question for any reason. It would also be wise to do if I buy a high dollar week.

Hopefully my self imposed moratorium on e-bay purchases will hold strong and I will not buy anymore weeks. I own too many now and they just keep getting cheaper.Temptations, temptations.:annoyed:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
ebay seller alltimevacations-2008

Does anyone know if this new seller, alltimevacations-2008, is an incarnation of wanted weeks?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I was just going to post the same question. It surprises me that more people aren't wary and are willing to bid thousands on someone with zero feedback selling so many high end units; I know that immediately raised a red flag to me.

Thanks for the info.!

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a nice Hyatt week on the watch list but decided against them since alltimevacations-2008 had 0 rating and it is a week worth about 10K or so... Did not even bid or ask questions. Especially since they have a private auction and you cannot see who bid and if they are manipulating / pushing prices up.

Dave H

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that could be done for $100. I will consider this option if I ever buy from a seller that I have any questions about or who makes me use a closing service that I question for any reason. It would also be wise to do if I buy a high dollar week.

Hopefully my self imposed moratorium on e-bay purchases will hold strong and I will not buy anymore weeks. I own too many now and they just keep getting cheaper.Temptations, temptations.:annoyed:

Tombo:

That is what we charge just to act as escrow agent. Seems pretty typical in this business for the fee. What you want to make sure is that you are having your money held by a LICENSED, INSURED company. Ask for the licenses, verify it with the State Department of Insurance. There are ways to check.

Dave