• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

nicest RCI TS close to Universal?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
what is the nicest RCI TS that is nearer to Universal? Must have very good pool and kids activities. We are familiar with all the WDW area ones--but none of the ones up the road. thanks, Elaine

tlsbooks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from a week at HGVC International. Beautiful property and an easy drive to Universal and Disney. Nice pool and lots of activities for kids and adults....I won the Texas Hold 'em Tournament. :D

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We stayed at Westgate Lakes last week for a Universal visit. Only an average resort, but hard to beat for convenience. 10 minutes to the park except in rush hour. Maybe 15 then.

Sheila

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Westgate Lakes last week for a Universal visit. Only an average resort, but hard to beat for convenience. 10 minutes to the park except in rush hour. Maybe 15 then.

Sheila

Westgate Lakes is the most convenient of all the resorts to Universal, but it is an II resort, not RCI.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Westgate Lakes is the most convenient of all the resorts to Universal, but it is an II resort, not RCI.

Sorry. You're absolutely right. I have both II and RCI, so I get confused.

Sheila

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're at HGVC at SeaWorld right now. Very nice resort - grandkids are loving the pool area. Was at Universal today and very easy to get to/back to resort. Would recommend - though I believe there is a 1 in 4 rule for this resort.

If anyone has any questions about the resort, I'll try and get back to you as soon as possible - though may not log on to computer each day.

Dublin 4

Reaction score
Another vote for Cypress Pointe.
This is our third RCI exchange into Cypress Pointe and, given availability, will never stay anywhere else. In 20 years of TS, this is the most progressive resort in which we have ever stayed . It is beautifully maintained and the management constantly seem to be working to improve and update the facilities. The position is perfect on LBV.

cclendinen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three resorts very close.

There are 3 resorts that are very close to Universal.
Orlando's Sunshine Resort
Orlando's Sunshine Resort II
Orlando International Resort Club

All three are off of Internation Drive on Del Verde Way and all three are RCI silver crown. I have stayed in the Sunshine Resort and Sunshine Resort II. I like the Sunshine Resort better than the Sunshine Resort II because they have more space in the living room areas.

These are about a 5 minute drive to Universal.

shoney

Reaction score
We stayed at HGVC at SeaWorld and it was the best property we have stayed in so far in Orlando. (Our list included Silver Lake, summer bay, and Orange Lake)
The unit was very nice, clean and modern. The pool was nice and we loved having the bar/restaurant right by the pool.