• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Caribbean - Brant Tours - others

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about doing a few tours through Brant at entertainment-plus.

1. XCaret or XCaret and Tulum

2. Hubby may do Chitchen Itsu by himself

3. Zip line (Selvata Canopy Extreme Adventure) which includes a cenote

For the XCaret tour, shoudl we do the "plus" which includes the F&B... I don't know the cost/convenience to know if it is worth it?

I'll be traveling with hubby and a 7 year old and over 4 1/2 year old.

any ideas? comments? i'm guessing a tour would be better than renting a car.

thanks for ANY advice!

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The children are young - XCaret + Tulum would be a l-o-n-g hot day, maybe too much for them. Ditto Chitchen Itsa may be too long and hot for them.

XCaret is great and could be a full day - the food there is good (at least what we had) but I don't know the F/B prices and if they discount for small kids. Lots to do and see for everyone, lots that the kids will like, but if you do it, consider looking at their website first to try to plan what to do and in what order, so you don't do more than the kids can tolerate.

With four, consider a private van with driver; I don't know how the price compares to tours for four, but it gives you the option to leave when you want, go to both Tulum and XC or not, and escape to the air conditioning whenever you or the kids need to.

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We,did,the,pvt,Xel-Ha/Tulum,tour,through,Brant,and,if,it's,in,the,budget,I,would,go,pvt.

jspang

TUG Member
Reaction score
My advise: if your going to be there for one week, pick one thing to do and then just see how it goes. The tours are long days but fun but you will also want to enjoy the resort and Cancun. Your week will go by way too fast. The private van is a very good idea also. Have a great time!

maciec

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 5 & 8 year old.

We just came back from a weeks stay at the Royal Sands. We chose to do a tour with Edventure Tours. I chose them because they were the only company (with a very good reputation) that would cater to my 5 year old. There were only 4 of us in our tour. They picked us up in Cancun and drove us down to Tulum. We snorkeled in the cenotes, with the turtles and sting rays, and then in a lagoon. This is the tour that we chose to do, but they have others that include the ruins, cliff jumping, and zip line.

Manny, our guide, was fantastic with our youngest. Nicholas took to Manny immediately and they got along great. Oh and they have the equipment to fit the litte ones.

It's a long day, but you are definitely not rushed. For the whole day it ended up costing us about $400. We felt it was well worth it and we can't wait to do it again.

mfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the XCaret tour, shoudl we do the "plus" which includes the F&B... I don't know the cost/convenience to know if it is worth it?

I'll be traveling with hubby and a 7 year old and over 4 1/2 year old.

We were at XCaret in late August. Our kids (10, 8, 7) had a blast and have been asking when can we go back! I think it was the highlight of our week long trip. However, even though we had our own car and only stayed for half of the evening show, it was a VERY long and hot day!!

We bought the "plus" package and would definitely recommend it. Food inside the park was pricy (but, then, the exchange has improved since Aug.), so unless you want to go thru the trouble of packing/bringing your own food and do not plan to swim the underground river, you won't save much by going ala carte. Since your kids are still young, you may fit into that category. For us, we wanted convenience so my wife and I can enjoy our vacation...