• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves in Palm Desrt

Garry

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just picked up a trade in to this property for next Easter. :cheer: It's listed on the II website as a new resort. Obviously, it will be part of the Shadow Ridge development but I'm wondering if there is any difference between this and the original development, aside from the name, of course. Anyone out there know anything more about this?

JimC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
Different villa layouts, part of the "villa of the future" project.

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
Small units, 2 bedroom is around 1100 sf :eek: as I recall, unusual design layout that I would not expect from Marriott. Glad we toured Enclave so that we will not make the mistake of trading into it in the future as it is not what I consider a Marriott should be. We were at Shadow Ridge in Feb of 2007, Sept of 2008 and going back in Jan of 2009. We enjoy the resorts original units and area but will pass on the Enclaves...YMMV

JimC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
The only aspect of the "new" villas that I found appealing was the studio had less of a hotel feel and more of a villa quality to it. Maybe it was the expanded kitchenette, laundry and ability to close off the sleeping portion. Other than that the Enclave villas were smaller, a bit cramped and way over priced.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
We just picked up a trade in to this property for next Easter. :cheer: It's listed on the II website as a new resort. Obviously, it will be part of the Shadow Ridge development but I'm wondering if there is any difference between this and the original development, aside from the name, of course. Anyone out there know anything more about this?

Go to the Marriott owners website - u should be able to see the layout there...it supposedly locks off into 2 1BR units similar to Starwood - Westin Mission Hills and Harborside at Atlantis - but apparently some here prefer the 'old' layout better.

I am sure it will be nice.....but I would be annoyed if I traded a 'regular' full sized 1BR and received the smaller 1BR there.

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just at Shadow Ridge and they are almost done with the Enclave units. They will be ready for occupancy January 2nd. We also retoured the moel villa of the future and it is nice inside for sure. Very upgraded feel to everything. Love all the nice furnishings/appliances. However, we still strongly prefer the "Villages" units and will probably never want to trade into the Enclave. We have two young kids, so the delux lock-off is not a feature we would use. The master bedroom in the main side still has the partition/sliding door which I was really not fond of. But they did it so you can have the view from the master bedroom. If it's just two people this would be fine. But we will be 4 for the forseable future.

They are also building a new pool area by the Enclaves units. It's supposed to have a zero entry pool or a "beach" pool. This sounds cool and I can't wait to see it. I think we will make a day trip there this winter and check things out.

I'm sure the OP will have a very nice time in the new units. They will appeal to many and others will always prefer the "villages".

Have fun!

Janna

Garry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. It will be my son, his wife and 4 year old twins so the unit should be quite suitable for them - they will have the full 2 bedroom unit. Hopefully, the "beach" pool will be open by then.

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. It will be my son, his wife and 4 year old twins so the unit should be quite suitable for them - they will have the full 2 bedroom unit. Hopefully, the "beach" pool will be open by then.

Yes, the whole 2 bedroom will be fine for them. They will be very comfortable. The twins will have their own master suite, woo hoo!

I do hope the beach pool is open for them also. But if it's not suitable, they can still use the main pool in the "villages".