• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Crystal Shores at Marco Island Pictures

Andmilair

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry I’m so late with this post – I was on Marco Island in July and took these photos of Marriott Crystal Shores at Marco Island. Hope you enjoy.

Pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Thanks..... looks very nice/up scale.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Looking at the last pic, the model. What side is the Gulf on? I see a road next to the pool...would have assumed that was where the Gulf should be??

Steve

Reaction score
Awful interior design

Thank you for the pictures. They are very revealing. I think the interior design is awful. It's a huge departure for Marriott. Tastes obviously vary, and Marriott may do well with this new look, but I don't like it. Give me traditional decor like that of Grande Ocean, Manor Club, or Newport Coast Villas any day.

Steve

Last edited:

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At those prices...

I expected more crystal and marble and gold at those prices! :D

beachdiva

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tastes definitely vary. I prefer the modern look. I would have liked to see beach pictures, too.

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
I expected a lot more glitz too. Most of the Marriott's I've stayed at are just as nice if not nicer. Thanks for the pictures.

Charles

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
I think the interior design is awful. It's a huge departure for Marriott...Give me traditional decor like that of Grande Ocean, Manor Club, or Newport Coast Villas any day.

Steve

I tend to agree. The dark cabinetry and granite is kind of depressing for me. Funny the dark cherry color of Ko Olina looked rich and classy, but this, at least as far as the pictures show, misses the boat IMHO.

Anyway, thanks for the pix Andmilair.

jerseyfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMB MVO
nice fotos

Thanks for the pics.

I'm definitely not a fashion or a design maven ( wife is always hollering at how I dress ), so I too initially look at some of the dark tones and scratch my head. But speaking from our own experience at the Oceana Palms preview center, you'd be surprised at how a combination of colors and dark and light tones can create a sense of space in these places. I know that Marriott thinks long and hard on these things. I notice that Marcos has lighter floors and I suspect that live and in person, the space probably looks and feels pretty good. How high are the ceilings? It's kind of hard to gage the space. Maybe Andmiliar can describe how the space feels and functions.

Barry

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Looking at the last pic, the model. What side is the Gulf on? I see a road next to the pool...would have assumed that was where the Gulf should be??
The building on the left side of the picture is facing the gulf. That building use to be part of the Radisson hotel. Marriott had to leave that building basically as is because if they had knocked it down with the rest of the buildings, they would have had to move the whole complex back away from the beach by a bunch. Does anyone know what the gulf front units are going for? Whatever it is, it's way too much for our taste. We own gulf front in Sept at the Surf Club of Marco Island (which is a Hilton timeshare three buildings north of this Marriott) and we paid all of $5000 for it. The road next to the pool is used for parking. The main road would be behind the buildings at the top of the photo.
KCI's Wingman

Last edited:

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
KCI
There was a thread about prices last year. I may have a price sheet but from memory some units were 70-120k range.

We were at CC Marco when they were tearing down the Radisson last May. You share the same view and beach for a lot less.

Thanks for the photos. Unit looks very nice but the living room chairs look quite uncomfortable.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I have to say I'm in the camp that's unimpressed with the interior design. Somehow it's just not as nice as the original broucher had it pictured. I'm not sure what it is but I just very fond of the colors or the design. Maybe it's along the lines of when Ford first came out with the Tarrus. I thought it was the ugliest car ever made. Over the years it's been their best seller. Go figure. :rolleyes:

kamumma1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just spent a week at Marriott's Marco Island Beach Club. Every time you got towels, they hit you up for a TS tour. We did go. I personally liked the decor. The living room has 4 floor to ceiling sliding glass doors so you can open up the entire living room area to the outdoor patio. It's very cool. The beach here is phenomenal! About 100 yards deep. White powdery sand. And the water is warm. If I didn't own 2 weeks already, I'd consider buying a silver week.

Recent prices -
2 BR ocean front
platinum - $84,000
gold - $63,000
silver - $27,500

It is the most expensive Marriott timeshare.

Whirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I really like the decor. I get so tired of the same look-- traditional, safe , boring --from place to place and its a welcome departure. My tastes have also migrated towards modern as I age, so its fits my current design perspective.

Just personal preference of course. I wouldnt necessarily make those same choices for my home, buy I honestly appreciate the effort to make my vacation stay feel unique and updated!

Cheryl

taffy19

Reaction score
I like the modern look and the colors are quite vivid but you are on vacation! :) The buildings have a very modern sleek look to them too so you wouldn't expect traditional or old fashioned furnishings inside these condos. JMHO.

kamumma1

TUG Member
Reaction score
How soon will Marriott Crystal Marco Island be ready for exchanges?

1/2 of the units here are fixed weeks. The other 1/2 are floating. It won't fully be opened until 2013. The sales guy told us it would be several years after opening as most of the owners would want to stay in their new units.

mj2vacation

Reaction score
what they smoking in Bethesda to think that this was a good idea?

They are attempting to charge way too much.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
what they smoking in Bethesda to think that this was a good idea?

They are attempting to charge way too much.

When they introduced this resort. The timeshare industry was on top of the world. The land the resort sits on is probably worth 25-50% less than what they paid for it but they need to recoup their costs. Also I think Oceana Palms is hurting sales at Marco Island. You can buy a week at Oceana Palms for far less than Marco and the sales staff at Ocean Pointe use the price of Marco as a selling point for Oceana Palms.