• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summer Bay Desert Club Deeds?

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just on the Clark County Recorders Web Page and it appears that since August there have been aprox 6000 deeds recorded between Desert Club LLC. and owners. that would be about 25% of the deeds. best I can tell they are recording aprox 200 each day? I searched and didn't find any with my name on them:( you can do a quick search here

http://recorder.co.clark.nv.us/extReal/Navigate.asp?SimpleSearch.x=57&SimpleSearch.y=14

Not sure when or how the new deeds will be delivered to us owners?

I haven't been able to get any info from Summer Bay, a couple of emails have gone unanswered. the nice folks at Customer Care still say that Nov 1st is the grand opening, but they haven't released any inventory for that week yet. which tells me they aren't that sure of meeting the deadline. which is totaly understandable! still hoping they make it! I'm going to be in town that week and wanted to stay in the "New" digs! RT

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
Deed Recorded

I just looked up my deed and it was recorded on 8/18. We are going for New Years Eve week this year and hope to stay at the new Desert Club. Thanks for the link.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know what the parcel number is of the new resort?

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only thing for us on that website is the original purchase in 2003. We are also waiting for our new 2 bedroom deed.

I was told awhile back that we would get something in the mail by the end of the year.

Anne

Art4th

TUG Member
Reaction score
it's 162-16-801-001 map file 57 page 66 lot 2

Bob,
That's the same parcel number that is on my deed transfer to the old resort back in 2007. What is 162-16-410-028? Any idea?

Art

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bob,
That's the same parcel number that is on my deed transfer to the old resort back in 2007. What is 162-16-410-028? Any idea?

Art

Art, the 162-16-801-001 comes up as 3950 Koval which is the Desert Club
the 162-16-410-028 shows as 171 Winnick which would have been one of the original buildings.
EDIT; 171 Winnick would have been the Plaza Building

Last edited:

spatenfloot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Mine has been recorded.

On another topic, I just got back from an exchange to Houses at Summer Bay in Orlando. I traded a 1br SB LV for it. :D Very nice place.

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Mine has been recorded.

On another topic, I just got back from an exchange to Houses at Summer Bay in Orlando. I traded a 1br SB LV for it. :D Very nice place.

Nice trade! who was the trade trough? RCI? RT

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, some of you may have read elsewhere I'm having difficulty closing a resale purchase of Summer Bay LV.

I just received a copy of a letter from the resort stating: "As of April 29, 2008, Summer Bay Las Vegas completed their closing paperwork and are now LAS VEGAS DESERT CLUB. We are in the process of moving our owner base to a new location and this entails having a new deed recorded with new APN, legal description and contract numbers."

The letter goes on to basically say once this is compete, the seller can complete the transfer to us.

Note, the NEW name is "LAS Vegas Desert Club", per the letter on Summer Bay Resort Las Vegas letterhead.

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, some of you may have read elsewhere I'm having difficulty closing a resale purchase of Summer Bay LV.

I just received a copy of a letter from the resort stating: "As of April 29, 2008, Summer Bay Las Vegas completed their closing paperwork and are now LAS VEGAS DESERT CLUB. We are in the process of moving our owner base to a new location and this entails having a new deed recorded with new APN, legal description and contract numbers."

The letter goes on to basically say once this is compete, the seller can complete the transfer to us.

Note, the NEW name is "LAS Vegas Desert Club", per the letter on Summer Bay Resort Las Vegas letterhead.

UW, hopefully that means that there is some light at the end of the tunnel for you on this one! is the seller/closing company ready to process this as soon as the deed is recorded? if so, you should have your deed soon after the rest of the owners who transfered. all of our deeds have been pretty much in LIMBO for well over a year, I'll be glad when mine are finaly recorded and I have a copy in hand! I have a feling YOU will be REALLY glad when you have a deed in hand?! RT

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
UW, hopefully that means that there is some light at the end of the tunnel for you on this one! is the seller/closing company ready to process this as soon as the deed is recorded? i I have a feling YOU will be REALLY glad when you have a deed in hand?! RT

Yup.

The closing company is slow on this one, but recently have been communicating better. I think if I had to do it over again, I would pass on this purchase. Long term, provided it goes through, it is a very inexpensive entre to RCI Points, which has some very desirable aspects for us. I had purchased it to USE and stay for an annual convention I attend in April. They've already setup a points account for me and transferred the points associated with the week! (Works for me!)

Using the RCI points account & a portion of the points transferred, I was able to book the nights I want for the convention at the HGVC LV Hilton, adjacent the convention center which works out PERFECTLY for me. If I can continue to book with RCI points at that location, I may never need to stay at Summer Bay/Las Vegas Desert Club, plus to have the flexibility of staying other places.

At the end of the day, I'll just be happy to get this completed.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Our deed was recorded 10/09/2008. When should we expect deeds be sent back to us?

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
MF Statement

I recieved a couple of my Maint fee statements from Summer Bay in todays mail. Maint fees went up $20:( and it looks like SB is doing their own billing now and not using the HOA-Trak folks. the summer bay website wouldn't let me pull up my account info? probably still working out the bugs!

A few things I notice : our intervals now have a unit# and a week assigned to them i.e. unit 04-102 week 15 and unit 21-303 week 33
I'm guessing... 04-102 would be building 4 unit 102 (first floor?) and
21-303 would be building 21 unit 303 (3rd floor?) I'm assuming/hoping this is just for deeding puposes and we are still assigned a target season!

all the contract numbers etc. are totaly different, I can't tell which statement goes to which unit. i.e. whether it's a 1 bedroom fri/fri or a 2 bedroom Sun/Sun ??? I can assume by the week assigned what season it is. I guess there is going to be a learning curve getting use to the new resort, and the details of how things are done.

there is a brief newsletter that states that Chicago Title is mailing out the deeds to the owners and everyone should have their deeds by early 2009
RT

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in LV NOW staying down the road the Flamingo Hotel. Dropped by the resort to see if I could get a tour with my wife. First they took us to sales and when I slipped and told them I was in escrow for a week from a reseller, they sent me to another area where they have booked a "courtesy" tour for us tomorrow. My impression was if sales can't sell to you, they don't want to waste their time on you.

The place is a little disorganized right now. The staffs have moved out of the last remaining old SB building and are setup in temporary quarters in what appear to be refurbished units, up front along Koval north of the main gate. Sales is setup in some ground floor units in building 14. The club house building appears to be where the offices will end up and it's in various stages of patch and paint from the outside.

Those buildings which are done look terrific and the scant look I saw as I popped in and out of these units looked VERY nice. I gleened from those I spoke with they have 7 buildings out of 24 complete. Security at the front gate had three guards there from Wikenhut and they wouldn't let us in without escourt. I was told they have some guests staying with them now.

The scheme you worked out with number looks accurate 14-109 would equal building 4, unit 109. There are three floors so 109 would be first floor. I'll report back tomorrow or the next day what we see, but it looks like it's going to be a nice complex!!! Questions??? Ask me now and I'll see what I can find out!

Oh, the sign out front says Desert Club and the outline of the letters removed below that said apartments. Thus, these were full on residential units when built and again look very nice.

Summer Bay owners appear to be coming out of this property swap very well indeed!

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
UW, any and all info you can gather will be much appreciated! are you saying that they have vacated the Towers Building? that would be the Building where the lobby, front desk, convenience store etc. are/were? they are suppose to turn the keys over to Harrah's/Ceasar's by Oct 31st. so that would make sense. I'm going to be in LV the first week in Nov. was hoping to stay at the Desert Club, but it's not looking good. My crew and I will be staying at the Grandview as a backup. RT

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They have vacated the last remaining building on the old Summer Bay complex. I'm not familiar enough with the property to say if this was the tower building, but the entire SB/LVDC operation is now at the new property taking up unit space temporarily until their new building is ready.

There are seven buildings operational in the new space, so a stay in November is probably not out of the question.

Art4th

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are seven buildings operational in the new space, so a stay in November is probably not out of the question.

I recently tried to book my new 2BR unit and was told nothing was available in October or November.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We did the tour yesterday and came away very impressed with the property.

The model unit they showed us is every bit a nice as the newest HGVC's we've visited @ Waikoloa and LV Strip properties (for comparison). King size beds and large LG Flat screen TV's in every bedroom. Tile floors throughout the unit & balcony, with GE appliances in the kitchen and laundry.

We did ask about units availiable and were told there are 7 buildings now open making approximately 84 units available for occupancy now. They have another 100 or so units complete and awaiting for the local building inspector to sign off on them. (There is an inspection snafu because SB renumbered the units to make it easier in a more sensible arrangement, but the plans the inspector has is for the old numbering. They are working to reconcile which unit is which for purposes of the inspections.)

A new 2 story, 200,000 sq ft building is starting construction, with slab slated to be poured within a few weeks. This building will be a large recreation center building with gym and other facilities taking up half of it, and the resort operations having their offices in the remaining half of the building.

Registration should locate in the main front building, which also houses what will be the main pool. That pool has had the plaster bottom taken out ahead of replastering work to be done. There was talk of a hot tub going here as well.

The remaining building at old Summer Bay (towers) is slated to torn down as soon as next week.

I'm very busy with the trade show I'm at so I don't have much time to go into it all right now. I'll try to post a more detailed review over the weekend. I took pictures and may end up posting something, either in the reviews section or a separate thread here so you can see it. All in all, this is going to be a VERY nice resort and a place my wife and I definitely would be happy to stay at.

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
UW, Thanks for the update! 7 buildings would be 1/3 of the 21 total buildings, and represent 200 +/- units. which falls right in line with the numbers they gave you. Back in July they were suppose to have 138 units in the new complex completed to "Rental Grade" status( furnishings removed from the Summer Bay units) to use for exchages etc. I would assume the 84 complete and 100 waiting for the Inspector to sign off on are "NEW" Gold Crown units that are done in the new designer package like the model. RT

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bob, do you think they will be doing the lottery winners last for the deed registration? I'm really excited to see our names on a 2 bedroom unit.

Anne

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bob, do you think they will be doing the lottery winners last for the deed registration? I'm really excited to see our names on a 2 bedroom unit.

Anne

Your guess is as good as mine! I would suspect that there is no real plan, they are probably just working from a stack. they have 2 title companies (American Title and Chicago Title} working on all of this and they had to do full title searches on all 25,000 deeds!

One good thing that just came to mind... all of the owners like myself who bought Summer Bay resale through different Resale companies, ebay sellers etc. and were closed by different closing companies across the country. will all have fresh clean well written deeds and titles! as opposed to some of the deeds that had been copied from copies of deeds composed by PCC closing companiies etc. RT