• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV this week!

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all! :hi:

Just checking in. We arrived yesterday afternoon after a long, long flight. Got our rental car, stopped in Costco for provisions and checked in abot 5pm. We ended up in unit 2209, 2211 second floor, over looking the pool area. We are happy with the room, since it was via an II exchange.

So far we are having a blast. This morning we got up early and headed up to the volcano summit and watched the sunrise. We we are still on east coat time, so leaving at 3:15 am was not a big deal. We headed of to breakfast after our spending two hours up at the volcano. On the way down, we stopped at the lavander farm and the surfing goat dairy farm. We stopped at Safeway to get the rest of our supplies. After lunch we headed down to the beach a did some snorkeling. Got to see a turtle and that was definately the highlight for us. Its about 5:30pm now and we are watching a hula show our on the pool lawn.

We are heading down to watch the sunset and do some grilling. I'll catch up with you all later.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope you are having a great trip!!! Keep us posted. And please take pix of your view. :)

Katherine

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Sounds like a great beginning to a fantastic trip! We love snorkeling right off the beach there. Turtles are plentiful!

Enjoy your trip! Is the weather great?

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Weather is terrific!

It was 41 degrees at the summit this morning, but 86 down at the beach in the afternoon.

I'll load some pictures tomorrow.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Enjoy your week!

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy your week!!!:cheer: I think I speak for everyone, WE"RE JEALOUS:rofl:

Can't wait to see pictures.

Troopers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a good one!

The lady golfers just left town and headed your way to Kapalua. If you're planning on visiting the area, you may want to go today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today was a resort day. After breakfast we headed out to the market and bought some fresh veggies and fish for dinner tonight. We headed back to the resort, headed down to the beach and got some more snorkeling in. The water was a little rough today, strong currents. So after about an hour, we headed up to the pool where we ended up staying until dinner time. We had rented a Cabana for the day, which was very nice to have. Met a super nice couple from LA, who was in the adjacent cabana. We grilled out again, for the second night. We are amazed how much the grills are used at the resort.

Overall, it was a quiet day. Not much was happening, just snorkeling, swimming, eating, drinking and napping. Tomorrow will be a much busier day. We are heading out to Honolua Bay for more snorkeling in the morning and we have reservations for the Feast at Lele.

Sorry about not having any pictures. I apparently left my cable home to transfer pictures from my camera to the laptop.

mitchandjeanette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry about not having any pictures. I apparently left my cable home to transfer pictures from my camera to the laptop.

What, no stores in Maui??? We're heading there in April, and I have been waiting for your pictures. :) :)

Hope you are having a great time... We are off to WLR this Friday :banana:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
FYI, if the grills at the south side are really busy, the grills near the adult pool in Bldg 8 on the north side are usually open because so few people know about them.

Hope you have a great time at Honolua Bay. If you have time, I highly recommend driving continuing your drive on 30 to the Nakelele Blowhole, which is awesome. Hike down if you have time. Very, very cool. (Pick up some coconut candy and banana bread from the mobile fruit stand if it's there.)

If you have even more time, there's a very nice art/gift shop that sells work from local artists and craftsman still further on 30. I bought a mother of pearl clock for my home that I bought for a very reasonable price. They're open til 5.

http://www.kaukinigallery.com/
Phone(808) 244-3371

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I almost got killed driving thru 30 to the Nakelele Blowhole. I didn't make it that far and did a U turn came back to Westin for more snorkeling and room full of smoke.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I almost got killed driving thru 30 to the Nakelele Blowhole. I didn't make it that far and did a U turn came back to Westin for more snorkeling and room full of smoke.

Ha! You should have seen the road BEFORE they made the improvements. 30 is now a breeze! It's black-topped, with clear center lines, guardrails, places to pull off, etc. They've even blown out the sides of the mountains so no more veering into the other lane in order to make a hairpin turn.

Seriously, I had no issues on the road and would like to know more details about your experiences.