• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceana Palms, hows construction going ?

JBRES1

TUG Member
Reaction score
In light of the slowing economy, will construction keep moving forward at the resort ?
Anybody down at Ocean Pointe taken a drive by the resort in the past few days?

Thanks, Jim Breslin

jerseyfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMB MVO
This link shows how Oceana Palms looks as of August 2008. Hopefully Jimf41 can get some snaps which give the full profile.

After reading the recent TUG blurbs on KoOlina, I contacted our rep at the resort last Friday. He tells me that construction moves forward and that the first building is being capped off as we speak. Oceana Palms remains ahead of it's projected building schedule, and is also under budget at this point. January 2010 is first occupancy, and they are defintely on schedule to meet that date as of the moment.

In the case of Oceana Palms, financing issues have not yet affected Marriott enough to alter deadlines. Just a guess on my part, but perhaps the financing for this particular resort did not flow through Lehman or other more toxic finance sources.

This is not to say that sales at this or any MVC resort are anything close to normal at the moment. But it appears that Oceana Palms still has wind in its sails for an on-time opening. However, I would not be at all surprised if things are put on hold for the second scheduled building as in this economy, I do not see any prospect of change and Marriott like all businesses will have to ride this one out before moving forward.

Barry

Reaction score
In light of the slowing economy, will construction keep moving forward at the resort ?
Anybody down at Ocean Pointe taken a drive by the resort in the past few days?

Thanks, Jim Breslin

We are going down Oct. 26 & will send an update and some pics also.