• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Back from Newport Coast

sls1003

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently got back from a wonderful vacation at Newport Coast. What a beautiful resort! I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great tips. We called about three weeks ahead and were given an ocean view on the second floor of Building 27. It was on the far west side of the resort, but we didn't mind the walk. We loved the beaches, roasting smores at the campfire and all the resort features. The weather is beautiful right now, low to mid 70s, though we did have a couple days of fog that didn't really lift that they said was unusual for this time of year. We look forward to returning.

We attended the presentation, interested in an EOY. I'd be glad to answer any questions that anyone might have.

Danette

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi!

How many floors are in each building (or does it vary)? Are there elevators? Even though we own at NCV we are staying there for the first time this Christmas. I want a high floor, but my mom recently had knee surgery and I don't know if she'd be up to climbing flights of stairs (regardless of how good the view is :p ).

Thanks!

Danette :)

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Danette! We were at NCV in July. The number of floors vary from 2 to 4 I believe, depending on the buildings. We were in the newest section in July, which had 4 floors and an elevator. We were on the top floor and never used the stairs. On our original weekend stay two years ago, we were along the fire road and I believe those buildings only had 2 stories.

Last edited:

sls1003

TUG Member
Reaction score
Danette,

I agree with Valleykat, it appeared that most buildings had between two and four floors. We were on the second floor of building 27, which I think is one of the older ones and it had four floors and an elevator. We used the elevator all the time since we have a toddler and a stroller, etc. I'd call Newport a couple of weeks ahead of your visit and request a building with an elevator and a view. As an owner, they should accomodate you before other Marriott owners and exchangers.

Have a great trip!

Bill4728

Reaction score
How many floors are in each building (or does it vary)? Are there elevators? Even though we own at NCV we are staying there for the first time this Christmas. I want a high floor, but my mom recently had knee surgery and I don't know if she'd be up to climbing flights of stairs (regardless of how good the view is :p ).

Thanks!

If you want a great view and don't want to deal with a high floor, ask for the ground floor of bldg 38 or 39. Every room in the bldg has a breathtaking view. It also is one of the bldgs close to the main lobby area so walking to the main bldg / pools wouldn't be too far. ( IMHO, I'd not want to stay in the bldg next to the lobby/pool as I would be worried about the noise from the pool area. )

mfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're Here Now

We just checked in tonight. Our unit is in building 33, diagonally across the courtyard from the main lobby. According to the elevator, there are 6 stories in this building, but I think the first 2 are parking garages. They fulfilled our request to be close to the pool because our kids love to swim. However, we have absolutely no view to speak of. Our balcony overlooks the courtyard and the road way. :annoyed:

We're attending the presentation tomorrow morning. We won't buy anything, but the $75 gift certificate will be handy. :whoopie:

We'll be back again later this year during the Xmas week. I'll remember to request BOTH proximity to the pool AND higher floors with at least some view... ;)

Bill4728

Reaction score
NCV map

There is a road which should completely encircle all the bldgs except the 4000's bldgs. Last year, the street closest to the 4400 blds was closed so you couldn't get from the 3900 bldg to the 4400 bldg. Is that road now open?

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be back again later this year during the Xmas week. I'll remember to request BOTH proximity to the pool AND higher floors with at least some view... ;)
Just keep in mind that villa assignments for exchange guests are made after room assignments for owners, and even owners don't always get what they want. So the most desirable villas are likely to be gone, and it will be difficult for a room assigner to fulfill multiple requests for an exchange guest.

There is only one category of villa at NCV. There are no view-based categories, and all villas are 2BR. So everyone is is competing for the same inventory.

My guess is that about a third of the villas have fairly unobstructed ocean views, one third have partial ocean views, and one third have views of another building with no ocean visible beyond it. Again, that's just my guess. The actual percentages are probably not 33.3% of each.

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
NCV map

There is a road which should completely encircle all the bldgs except the 4000's bldgs. Last year, the street closest to the 4400 blds was closed so you couldn't get from the 3900 bldg to the 4400 bldg. Is that road now open?
Bill, I need to send a scan of a newer map to you.

The road that you mention (from the check-in area directly to the newest buildings) was open when we were there in August of this year.

The only road that was still closed was the road that goes to the final four buildings, tennis courts, third entrance, and third pool location (with adjacent exercise room).

Danette

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!

If you want a great view and don't want to deal with a high floor, ask for the ground floor of bldg 38 or 39. Every room in the bldg has a breathtaking view. It also is one of the bldgs close to the main lobby area so walking to the main bldg / pools wouldn't be too far. ( IMHO, I'd not want to stay in the bldg next to the lobby/pool as I would be worried about the noise from the pool area. )

I quit checking this thread after Valleykat's response - I am glad I checked back in today! My personal preference is the top floor - I like quiet, so we'll see how my parents are doing then. And we are not even remotely interested in the pool, so view and quiet are the biggest concerns. I've seen your recommendations for buildings at NCV on other threads - thank you for pointing out the pluses/minuses for each!

Bill4728

Reaction score
My personal favorite BLDGs are 3800 <-> 4500, every room in each of these bldgs should have a great view. But many higher rooms in the 2x00 bldgs also have great views. Most all the bldgs have an elevator, but a handfull of the 2 story 1x00 bldgs don't ( but since most of them don't have views, I'd stay away from them anyhow)

PS the 2900 & 3400 Bldgs also don't have a view

Last edited:

CATBinCO

TUG Member
Reaction score
The gift card for the presentation is only $75 now?? When we were there a few months ago it was $150!!