• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI restructuring?

Bill4728

Reaction score
streettalkbloog.com said:
Group RCI, the global vacation rental and exchange business representing over 67,000 locations, began a restructuring in the third quarter of 2008 that will continue into the first quarter of 2009. The strategic realignment streamlines exchange operations across its international businesses by reducing management layers to improve regional autonomy and accountability. A portion of the restructuring savings will be reinvested in the business to accelerate and promote RCI’s new web-based exchange platform, which will improve overall member experience and satisfaction while reducing operating costs.

Does anyone understand this?

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
This part is code for outsourcing jobs to lower cost international locations.

Michael

Oh goodness. I can't stand to call after 5 pm EST. I have never dealt with anyone that wasn't rude or understood what I wanted or needed during the call. I use to start off so nice and somehow would get so steamed they didn't know what they were talking about.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Been there. Done that.

As happens with many businesses, they've probably gotten bloated with mid- management types. Lots of people who can say "no" to an idea, but too few people who can say "yes".

If they're savvy, they will take the money saved on salary and put it to work on the front line where it makes a difference to the customer. But then, this is RCI so the money saved will most likely be squandered on something other than customer service. It could wind up in the pockets of attorneys defending them against lawsuits.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Somehow, it is not surprising that they listed ''rental'' ahead of ''exchange'' in their press release.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
But what do they mean by "global vacation rental and exchange business representing over 67,000 locations" ? Is that supposed to be "locations" or resorts (hotels) ? For example, is Orlando one location or many ? I can't wait to visit all RCI "locations" ! Assuming I vacation three weeks each year it would take me over 22,300 years to visits all RCI global locations ! :whoopie:

K.

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Web Based Exchanges RCI

We have made almost all of our RCI exchanges on line in the last 3-4 years.

We bank early and exchange a year or more out. We have made excellent exchanges by planning ahead.

We recently made an exchange for Feb 13th 2010, in Sarasota Florida. President's week, 2BR at Gulf Tides of Longboat Key.

RCI's extra vacations, and rental weeks will continue to increase.

However, we are now qweaking our timeshare weeks to resorts that we enjoy visiting each year.

Eventually doing little exchanging, and perhaps letting our RCI member expire in 2014.

RCI's business model is vastly different from even 5 years ago.