• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who is still Buying on EBay? LOts of good deals!

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that it is October lots of good deals on Ebay. Are you looking?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Ixnay On eBay.

As a matter of personal discipline, I am no longer looking at stuff on eBay.

Not timeshares.

Not even horns.

We'll see how long that lasts, eh ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking, and probably will be until December.
I expect to see some good offerings as people who are strapped for money look to sell rather than pay upcoming maintenance fees.

It's that way every year, but I expect it will be more evident this year.

Pat

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that it is October lots of good deals on Ebay. Are you looking?

I was trying to stay away from looking at timeshares on ebay. Already have too many and need to downsize.

However since I looked at your post, I spent the last few hours looking at ebay and other timeshare sites. It is a sickness, I say, a sickness.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stopped buying timeshares 3 months ago!!!

When the week I bought on e-bay 2 weeks ago closes, I am not buying any more once again! This time I mean it (at least I hope I do).

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been looking and I'm really surprised at the low prices. As soon as the two that I'm selling finally get re-deeded, I'll only have an eoy. It's tempting!

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I've gone on ebay...and have been tempted, very tempted. However there is only 2 other TS I would buy (one I am still considering calling Wyndham and upgrade to keep my VIP Gold upgrade/get into the Outrigger club and rollover my existing contracts into Bali Hai...still on the fence with that one, and of course DVC :p )...and my DH won't let me...

Larry

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes I am looking for something I can replace one of my weeks that I am getting rid of.

Looking at two weeks, so far I'm High bidder on one and was outbid on the other but it hasn't closed yet so I may bid again.

So far I have never won anything on ebay only bought 1 week at the buy it now price last year. :cheer: :banana: :shrug:

cdn_traveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, KBV, Raintree
I just bought another one:eek: . I just can't help myself really. Yep, there are just so many deals out there right now.

Good thing that we don't have more vacation time, otherwise I'd be in a lot of trouble. I will still keep looking, but I have promised DH that we will not buy another. I do have to to agree that 3 timeshares purchases in 6 months is quite plenty. It's an addiction only if I buy another one right? ;)

e.bram

Reaction score
I find on Ebay while there are more off season dogs for sale cheap but less prime weeks put up for auction. looks like a flight to quality, which we see during tough economic times. Look at the price of gold.

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm lookin' but DH won't let me buy anymore. He says we have more weeks than we can use but there are 3 resorts that I would love to own at. :wall:
Debby

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a way on e-bay to search by weeks?
I would like a specific week but it seems I have to go through each ad. If I put in the search the week, I don't get anything but when I click on each one, I see the specific week I want (just not location).
Thank you.

Danette

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have definitely been watching E-Bay, and bidding low. This is probably the best time to pick up a great week.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I'm thinking of using my Nigerian lottery winnings myself for this....

You can't. I already have started the paperwork to transfer the Gazillion Dollars in the Lottery abandoned funds to my account in the Cayman Islands because it is closer to the unit.:D

Cheers

Larry

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes I am looking for something I can replace one of my weeks that I am getting rid of.

Looking at two weeks, so far I'm High bidder on one and was outbid on the other but it hasn't closed yet so I may bid again.

So far I have never won anything on ebay only bought 1 week at the buy it now price last year. :cheer: :banana: :shrug:

Well I was outbid on both weeks that I was considering for purchase. The first went for a lot more than I was willing to pay. The second I was outbid in the last minute.:wall:

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Item bidding ended early

I was watching this item (140271801002), just to see where the price would end up.

Bidding started at $1 and given it's a week 26 in Cape Cod, I figured the price would go up substantially higher than the starting bid. When I checked it this afternoon, there were more than 3days 8+hrs left in bidding. Checked it again tonight and the bidding had been ended early with the winning bid at $77!

Looks like someone got a fantastic deal. Does this (ending auction early) happen often?

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was watching this item (140271801002), just to see where the price would end up.

Bidding started at $1 and given it's a week 26 in Cape Cod, I figured the price would go up substantially higher than the starting bid. When I checked it this afternoon, there were more than 3days 8+hrs left in bidding. Checked it again tonight and the bidding had been ended early with the winning bid at $77!

Looks like someone got a fantastic deal. Does this (ending auction early) happen often?

I was watching that one too. In this case, although the seller told eBay that he/she would be selling for the current bid...I suspect that the seller and the buyer reached some other agreement, outside eBay.

This doesn't happen very often, as far as I've noticed.