• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I Really Know How To Spell

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I really do know how to spell and when to use capitalization. But I'm having hand issues again with my left hand, and a couple of my fingers have turned into renegades. I look up, and I've been typing in aLL cAPS or some version of that, or have letters in words that I didn't intend.

I hope y'all are gracious enough to cut me some slack while I try to work this out...

Fern

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh Fern, you know we'd learn Mandarin if you started typing in symbols. I wish you the best and thank you for all of the info you've given me.

Jana

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Fern,

If your spelling is going to pot you just need to move to England. One school over here has stopped spelling test for pupils because the poor darlings find them stressful. :(

Life is stressful so the sooner the kids realise that and learn to cope, the better they will be in the long term.:annoyed:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Fear & Despair For The Mother Country.

If your spelling is going to pot you just need to move to England. One school over here has stopped spelling test for pupils because the poor darlings find them stressful.
Various New Age sensitivities -- reportedly (I can't prove it) -- are coming close to overtaking & ruining the Mother Country.

I hadn't heard that spelling is no longer taught, owing to sensitivity issues, but it's not surprising to hear that.

What I had heard -- read, actually, via Internet -- is that in the UK proper sensitivity now forbids labeling any public restrooms as Men's & Women's.

Discriminatory, don't you know.

From now on, the labels must say Toilets (on the 1 hand) & (on the other hand) Toilets & Urinals.

That newly approved labeling standard has the feature of labeling only the plumbing fixtures, you see, rather than saying anything about any, uh . . . er, ah, um, you know -- people.

Must take care never to offend anybody's sensibilities.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fern,

If your spelling is going to pot you just need to move to England.

Gosh Keith, I thought you were going to chastise those of us on this side of the pond for leaving out the 'u' in neighbor, color etc., misspelling, well, chastise.

It's OK, Fern. Your impaired misspellings are better than most of us can do with a spell-checker, thesaurus, and dictionary in front of us.

Jim Ricks

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Fern,

Miss spell away. We love you anyway. I not only miss spell words, have caps where I don't need them but I also run words together or leave them out. I used to blame it on age now I just blame it on the computer mouse.

Suzanne
:hi:

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Gosh Keith, I thought you were going to chastise those of us on this side of the pond for leaving out the 'u' in neighbor, color etc., misspelling, well, chastise.

Jim Ricks

No point in flogging a dead horse :D The Americanised spelling just proves that it's 'me' that matters not 'u' in the US of A. :hysterical: Just kidding folks.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fern, my mom (mum for you, Keith ;) ) has similar problems. She gets so frustrated. Tuggers understand. Hope things improve for you.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hey Fern - just put a disclaimer about your typing in your Sig line (like I did when my hand was in a cast.)

Did I mention that less than a week after getting the cast off my hand/arm, I broke my toe? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Fern,

Miss spell away. We love you anyway. I not only miss spell words, have caps where I don't need them but I also run words together or leave them out. I used to blame it on age now I just blame it on the computer mouse.

Suzanne
:hi:

Misspelling the word misspell is sort of ironic, isn't it?:rolleyes:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A broken toe? Owie! 'Bout all they do is tape it to the next one and you limp for awhile, if I remember right. I ran mine under the leg of the bed years ago. Turns out that is a common thing. It did have a shining spot, though. I was still working and had disability insurance. Even though I never missed a day's work, I got $200. for breaking the toe. This was back in the mid-1980's, so that was pretty good money...

Fern

Did I mention that less than a week after getting the cast off my hand/arm, I broke my toe? :doh: :doh: :doh:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A broken toe? Owie! 'Bout all they do is tape it to the next one and you limp for awhile, if I remember right. I ran mine under the leg of the bed years ago. Turns out that is a common thing. It did have a shining spot, though. I was still working and had disability insurance. Even though I never missed a day's work, I got $200. for breaking the toe. This was back in the mid-1980's, so that was pretty good money...

Fern

Ohh...I forgot about my disability insurance...thanks for the reminder!