• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Lounge Survivor Thread (spoilers inside)

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK diehards, tune in tonight. Back in Africa.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'm ready. DVR is set, although I'm planning on watching. Too, too much on tonight. :D

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We love our new PVR we got with our high def TV, no more tapes and we can record as many things at a time as we want. But yeah, it's a tough time of year to keep up!!!

We've faithfully watched every season, I honestly can't think of an episode of Survivor we've missed unless we've been on a plane and forgot to ask somebody to record it!!

And Amazing Race starts on Sunday, I believe, which is my number one favourite reality show.

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm with Bev on A.R, as my #1 show, but do love Survivor and have never missed an ep it.
Looking forward to both.

I saw that Survivor was shot in high def for the first time -- according to Jeff P. apparently it is like watching in black and white vs color -- you see so much more --including "every wrinkle " on his face.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
AR? I'm still waiting for the return of the original Mole. (and not the stupid "celebrity" version).

-David

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love our new PVR we got with our high def TV, no more tapes and we can record as many things at a time as we want. But yeah, it's a tough time of year to keep up!!!

We've faithfully watched every season, I honestly can't think of an episode of Survivor we've missed unless we've been on a plane and forgot to ask somebody to record it!!

And Amazing Race starts on Sunday, I believe, which is my number one favourite reality show.

I could have written this post, except for the PVR part. Tell me more please. Is it different from tivo? My husband and I have to arm wrestle over whose shows to record.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could have written this post, except for the PVR part. Tell me more please. Is it different from tivo? My husband and I have to arm wrestle over whose shows to record.

No it isn't. you have the best PVR already with a tivo.

All the current models support two tuners. What is your programming source?

-David

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Back to the original topic...did everyone watch already? Can we talk about the two hour premiere yet without "spoiling"? ;)

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back to the original topic...did everyone watch already? Can we talk about the two hour premiere yet without "spoiling"? ;)

I think you can start a new thread to discuss last night's episodes. That way those who haven't watched them yet will know not to read the thread.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ive edited this title to add the spoiler warning, thus preventing you from having to make a new thread (which would then just get merged..etc etc) =)

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Just a brief comment. I sure hope the Fang (red) team steps it up. I really hate when one team dominates the entire time. Although when the one gal from Kota (yellow) made the comment about how she could never see their team losing, ever, you know that has to be the kiss of death. :hysterical:

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bob the Physics teacher is my new Yao Man. I also liked Ken and the Doctor- Marcus I think. No one has really stood out for the ladies for me yet.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Bob the Physics teacher is my new Yao Man.

Well, no one will replace Yao Man, but Bob is pretty awesome. I like the way he just goes ahead and gets things done. "That's the way we do things in Maine." :cheer:

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bob reminds me of Bill Nye (the Science Guy). What sucks is that he's going to do so surprisingly well, but then will be betrayed by his "alliance." As he's already the planned fifth member for one group.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
what no survivor talk for samoa? *sigh....one of my guilty pleasures!

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
what no survivor talk for samoa? *sigh....one of my guilty pleasures!

I love Survivor!!!! Have watched every season. Also got hubby hooked on. along with Amazing Race and Apprentice. This year is great. Russell is a gotta love him kind of guy. Hated him so much at first, but he is a player. If he finds the 3rd immunity idol tonight, I'll just die. But pretty soon, the snake will bite himself. :eek:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Okay, Brian. I'll play. ;)

I'm kind of disappointed in this year's Survivor. Talk about wasted potential. The only player doing anything is bald Russell, and I think he's a total jerk. Be that as it may, he seems like he's on his way to pulling a Richard Hatch, if he can just stay in the game. As time has gone on, I've decided that even though I don't like him, he deserves to win the money. The rest of the group are a bunch of idiots.

Curious to see how this one plays out...

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I also find it amazing that I started off thinking that russel was the biggest jackass this side of coach....now im rooting for him! :lol:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I also find it amazing that I started off thinking that russel was the biggest jackass this side of coach....now im rooting for him! :lol:

He may be playing a smart game, but he's still an a$$. :ignore:

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yep, I hope he wins too. And when he played the idol last week, it was a great moment. Finally somebody actually uses one of those things instead of leaving with it in his pocket.

This hasn't been a great season. The complete wipeout of Foa Foa means we don't really know any of the Galu players that well. And all that rain means not much scheming can go on.

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watched it tonight, and I also haven't been a Russel fan because of the way he spoke about some of the women in the first couple of weeks. Although some of them where pretty worthless as players.

Was hoping he wasn't going to find anything tonight. Although I have no favorites either.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well, this is shaping up to be a much better season than I thought. The funny thing is how shocked the old Galu tribe looks every week!!

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's getting better every week...I agree with what others have said about Russell...he's a jerk, but he's so survivor-smart. As for the gal who left last night, the surprise on her face was priceless!

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG!!:eek: That is how the rest of the Galu tribe looked.

:mad: Russell. How lucky can 1 person get. He must have some huntin' dog in him. I think they will target him soon.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, thats gotta be my favorite part of the game...when teams just implode like that after bein all cocky like that.

These past few weeks tribal councils have been fantastic!