• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

when to buy newyork flight?

tracie15436

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm traveling to newyork late june 2009 returning after 4th of july 09..I'm seeing prices of $400 (with stops) and $450 (non stop) round trip from phoenix...
Are these good prices or is there a better time to buy plane tickets for next year? I've got 4 tickets to buy so I'd prefer to get in as cheap as possible.
thanks for your advice!

brother coony

TUG Member
Reaction score
? check my crystal ball, and thats what show's up onit:shrug:

Kidding aside, I would say if those prices are with tax buy now,

with the economy the way it is now and gas prices raising back over $100 a barrel,I don,t see air fare getting any lower

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I plugged in 6/29-7/5 for you and there are many nonstop flights on Continental phx-ewr for $379. Newark is just a tad further out from Manhattan than is JFK, no big deal. You can search yourself on itasoftware (log in as a guest).

driftdiver

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the one hand, you are booking Summer Airfares which tend to be the highest and $400-$450 is fairly high for this route.

If the fares were to improve, it will not be for a while. Generally now, fares are higher 6 months to 11 months out than they are a bit closer, but a lot depends on how the tickets sell.

One reason for this is that JetBlue (which flies this particular route) only books out 6-8 months. And Southwest does not book out this far either (not this route anyway). Often, the fares will decrease within the LCC competition booking windows.

Anything could happen with the price of oil, etc, so 3 months from now $400 could look like a steal (but I doubt it).

Personally, I would wait until the JetBlue booking window is open. I think its more likely you would save $100 than lose $100 on the $400 fare.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
There is great rail transportation from Newark into the city. JFK may be closer milewise, but your options are taxi, bus (and I think subway)...

The air-train from JFK is very easy. You can take it from your terminal at go to Jamaica Station where you will need to pay $5/person to exit. From there, you can either take Long Island Railroad (buy tickets at kiosk) into the city or the E-subway. If you do not have too much luggage, air-train is the best method of transportation.

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you are planning on using jetblue get the amex CC start using it every time you eat out, go to the movies, or buy your theater tickets for your NYC trip. you get 50 points to start so you may have a free flight by the time they go on sale.

i already have 4 free flights for our trip to the bahamas in may.

you have to plan ahead. i have it down to science . flying for free makes the trip that much better.:cheer: :cheer: