• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points for Deposit Option

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been asked before and I looked but did not find an answer. I've been told previously there were some limitations on the number of units and resorts one could deposit with RCI under the "Points for Deposit" program. I've been told both 3 and 4 units per year per resort. I am uncertain if there is a limit on the total number of deposits. I also assume the limitation is based on the usage year. I am trying to nail down the limitations to plan accordingly. Thanks for any info and I apologize if this is one of those questions that is asked periodically.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Dean, I don't remember how many weeks you can deposit for one resort. I think it might be two, but others should come along with a better answer.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
This post from March'08 might help? It suggests 4 weeks per resort per RCI Points account per year.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This post from March'08 might help? It suggests 4 weeks per resort per RCI Points account per year.
Thanks, I know Bruce had mentioned 4 once to me, someone else had mentioned 3 per resort. I was also wondering if there was a max number of conversions per year total.

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce knows

Thanks, I know Bruce had mentioned 4 once to me, someone else had mentioned 3 per resort. I was also wondering if there was a max number of conversions per year total.
I feel very confident that it is 4 since Bruce will push them to the limit. (He probably is the reason for the 4 limit rule.);)
I think Bruce is away right now and will chime in when he gets back to let us know if he has encountered a total max deposited from all resorts per one RCI Point account.

Charles

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just call RCI for my first PFD. I asked the VC about the limit. She said it is 3 per year per account. What surprised me is that it takes up to one month to confirm. So plan ahead. Also the points fall into the same use year in your points account. For example, I deposited a July 09 week. My points UY is Nov. But the converted point will be good from Nov 09.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Quicker To Get P. F. D. When The Week Is Already On Deposit As A Straight Week ?

I just call RCI for my first PFD. I asked the VC about the limit. She said it is 3 per year per account. What surprised me is that it takes up to one month to confirm.
Is it any quicker to confirm PFD when the straight (i.e., non-points) timeshare week is already banked with RCI Weeks?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it any quicker to confirm PFD when the straight (i.e., non-points) timeshare week is already banked with RCI Weeks?

Alan, if you already have a weeks deposit can it just be converted over?

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Yes.

Alan, if you already have a weeks deposit can it just be converted over?
When I joined RCI Points, I already had some straight timeshare weeks banked with RCI Weeks. By & by, but before the banked weeks got stale, I used them for PFD.

There's no reason I can think of why I couldn't do the same thing now, if I decided to do PFD with a more recently banked straight week.

However, any banked week I want to use for PFD has to be eligible for PFD -- that is, it has to have a sufficiently far ahead future check-in date (at least 90 days ahead for full points value).

I can't do PFD with a banked week that's already come & gone, even though a past-tense banked week might still good be for a straight-weeks exchange.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score

My week is already banked and confirmed with RCI weeks. It will still take a month to process.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

My points showed up online today. It only took 3 days. I am not sure if I got lucky or I was given wrong information. Also it showed up as 2008 points. That worked great for me. I already made an exchange for summer 09. Not sure if that is the way it suppose to work. I am still in 07 UY now, deposited a July 09 week that fits in my 08 UY.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never done a PFD, but was considering doing this with a banked week

When

I can't do PFD with a banked week that's already come & gone, even though a past-tense banked week might still good be for a straight-weeks exchange.

The actual week banked was an August 2008 week. Are you saying that even though I can use it in weeks up until 2010, that I cannot do PFD since the banked week has already come and gone? Thanks, Alan, for assisting this unknowledgeable PFDer!:hi:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
That Train Has Left The Station. That Ship Has Sailed. That Movie Is Over. Etc.

The actual week banked was an August 2008 week. Are you saying that even though I can use it in weeks up until 2010, that I cannot do PFD since the banked week has already come and gone? Thanks, Alan, for assisting this unknowledgeable PFDer!
It's too late to do PFD with a banked timeshare week whose use dates have already come & gone.

Not only that, if there are fewer than 90 days to go in advance the check-in date of a banked week, there's a steep drop in how many points RCI gives for it via PFD.

Say your August 2008 week was for check in on 8-8-2008 (like mine). That means the deadline for getting its full points value via PFD was back in May 2008.

We took our eye off the ball & were way late in banking our August 2008 timeshare week with RCI -- too late for PFD, but in just under the wire for straight-weeks deposit. In fact, we've already used it as trade bait for our January 2009 exchange reservation -- snagged Club IntraWest Sandestin on the Florida Panhandle. All's well that ends well.

Last edited:

e.bram

Reaction score
When Madrge was posting on the RCI BB, she said PFD is a priveledge not a right and could be changed or eliminated at any time.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dean, I just saw this string. As of 2 weeks ago it was still 4 weeks per resort per year with a Max of 3 RCI Points accounts when we tryed to set up a 4th RCI Points account last November.

I had not been told of any limit of the total amount of deposits, but I have not asked, but I only use 2 resorts for our PFD weeks.

Bruce :D

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
When Madrge was posting on the RCI BB, she said PFD is a priveledge not a right and could be changed or eliminated at any time.

You are correct. At one time you could deposit as many weeks as you wanted into one account.

That is one reason why quite a few are using other independ exchange companies.

IMHO the RCI 1 in 4 rule is another reason why quite a few are using other independ exchange companies.

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
My points showed up online today. It only took 3 days. I am not sure if I got lucky or I was given wrong information. Also it showed up as 2008 points. That worked great for me. I already made an exchange for summer 09. Not sure if that is the way it suppose to work. I am still in 07 UY now, deposited a July 09 week that fits in my 08 UY.

You were given the wrong information in regards to it taking one month. Normally 2 to 7 days.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dean, I just saw this string. As of 2 weeks ago it was still 4 weeks per resort per year with a Max of 3 RCI Points accounts when we tryed to set up a 4th RCI Points account last November.

I had not been told of any limit of the total amount of deposits, but I have not asked, but I only use 2 resorts for our PFD weeks.

Thanks Bruce and everyone for the info.

cclendinen

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience

I have been using the PFD for around three years.

As long as the spacebanked week was in my account it has never taken more than 1 day and most of the time it was within a few hours of my request.

I do not usually request the PFD until a week before the 90 days to check-in. That way I can use the week to search weeks exchanges that cannot be seen searching with a points-for-weeks search from my points account.

Janie

Reaction score
I did a PFD on Wednesday with a week that had already been banked. Today (Friday) it's already showing up in my Points account! Last year, the same transaction took about three weeks. Apparently RCI has managed to automate PFD! I think it used to happen via carrier pigeon.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which Use Year?

I made two PFD deposits recently. I deposited 2009 July weeks. My points UY starts in November. In both cases, I was told I would get 09 points since I deposited 09 weeks. However, I received 08 points in both cases. When I called to ask, I was told that was because my July 09 week fall into my 08 use year. I am fine with 08 points only because I can save them for 09 any way. But if that is the rule, I will request December weeks in the future to get the points in the right UY. Is this consistent with everyone else experienced?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I made two PFD deposits recently. I deposited 2009 July weeks. My points UY starts in November. In both cases, I was told I would get 09 points since I deposited 09 weeks. However, I received 08 points in both cases. When I called to ask, I was told that was because my July 09 week fall into my 08 use year. I am fine with 08 points only because I can save them for 09 any way. But if that is the rule, I will request December weeks in the future to get the points in the right UY. Is this consistent with everyone else experienced?
My understanding is c/w what you were told, I just confirmed this again on Sat, is it's the UY of your RCI points contract that governs which points you get as well as the limitation on 4 units/resort as a deposit. My UY starts August so I could deposit 4 units for July, 2009 and get 2008 points, then 4 more units in August and get 2009 points. I am assuming it's the start date that governs this so I assume if I deposited a week that starts 31 July, 2009 it would be 2008 points and not 2009 just like BG does.