• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Princeville trip comments

Scott & Laura

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello;

My wife and I just returned from Staying a week at the Westin Priceville
and a week at WKORV -NORTH.

We stayed in room 5306 that overlooked the common area.
I thoroughly enjoyed the room. It was very similar to the WKORV, and larger it seemed than the WKORV-North Villa.My wife liked the WKORV-North room better, it was smaller and felt more cramped.

The staff were very nice, gracious and helpful.
There is a concierge in the pool area.

If you have a room overlooking the common area or the Ocean, you should have a good view.
I would stay away from any room looking over the parking area.

There is no Ocean front rooms as the Villas are set back from the cliff. Just an Ocean view at best, and very few of them.

The drive up to the Westin Princeville is very pleasant.

Kauia is a much more relaxed Island than Maui.
The beaches are not sheltered like at Kannapalli on Maui, so you must check if you can swim or snorkel each day for each beach.

There are a lot of great hikes and scenic day trips on Kauia.

The Lighthouse was a great 2 hour trip. You can drive there.

The hike from Ke'e beach was two miles (about 1-1/2 hours). It is a little arduous but well worth the effort. Picturesque views and all kinds of Flora and Fauna on the way. Bring a camera.

Wiamea Canyon is a great drive trip. Stop at all the lookouts. Its the Grand Canyon of the Pacific as Mark Twain described it.

A lot of nice towns and things to do.

There is a little strip mall that has a grocery store just down the road from the Villas that is well stocked. A Costco in Lihue.
Make sure you get the savers card at the local grocer..

The common area is well landscaped. I do not think it would be able to handle all the people if the Villas were full like at spring break.

In September, all resort areas are quiter as kids are in school.

The only negatives, we were warned to not leave anything in the car in the Westin parking lot as they have had breakins. That is surprising for a Villas.

The parking lots could have been planned much better.

I will defintely go back and stay again, maybe for two weeks.

Hope this is helpful to people.

Scott

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Gosh Scott -- so surprised Westin Princeville has break-in problems in such an affluent area -- what a shame!

We walked the grounds in July. Is there any cafe on the grounds? We didn't spot any, just the Starbuck's.

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Gosh Scott -- so surprised Westin Princeville has break-in problems in such an affluent area -- what a shame!

We walked the grounds in July. Is there any cafe on the grounds? We didn't spot any, just the Starbuck's.

Not Scott but when we stayed there in July there was a restaurant that served Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. You can order from the Bar menu at the pool. Also, there is a small sitdown area near the towel area in which you can order lunch as well, I guess that would be the cafe. They had told us the food is the same at lunch time for all 3 areas: the cafe, the pool & the restaurant. However, everything shuts down at dinner time and the restaurant is only open. We did not try the dinner. The lunch was good.

Inside the grocery/convenience store they had prepared marinated meats you could buy, some vegetables (which looked way better than the stuff at the local grocery store), desserts. So, you could easily make a meal (but it is a bit expensive so, it would be more for convenience).

In comparison to WKORV, I thought their dinner menu at their cafe was more reasonably priced.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I would stay away from any room looking over the parking area.

The manager told me there are no rooms overlooking the main parking lot, though there are some (building 4, I believe) which are close to the lot. Keep in mind that there is a small lot next to building 2, so if you have a room facing east you will see the lot, but it's small and you'll probably have a view of the golf next to it.

slomac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
Is this a good resort for kids? Did you see a lot of kids around?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there from August 31-September 13. There were about 4-5 days that we had the kids pool all to ourselves as there were not very many kids at all at the resort. I was told by much of the staff that the kids area was packed almost all summer so they seemed happy for a break. They were also expecting things to pick up this week now that the Princeville / St. Regis hotel is closed for renovations. I guess we picked a great week.

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
The manager told me there are no rooms overlooking the main parking lot, though there are some (building 4, I believe) which are close to the lot. Keep in mind that there is a small lot next to building 2, so if you have a room facing east you will see the lot, but it's small and you'll probably have a view of the golf next to it.

Have you been there yet? There are two parking lots that units overlook. One does have a view of the golf course beyond it. I wouldn't exactly call it desirable spot. One TUGGER moved because of it. Anyways... the other building is currently being used for sales offices on the 1st floor so you wouldn't get that view until the sales office moves. It does not have a view of the golf course in the distance. I'd definitely would not want that view..

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Have you been there yet?

Yes I was there last month, and you even posted to the thread I started! :)

I spoke with the manager in person who told me what I posted earlier...

And the courtesy unit I had on my check-out day was in Building 2 1st floor, and I saw the parking lot right out the window. I wouldn't want that floor on the north side of the building, but the second floor wouldn't be too bad, I would think. Of course, these pale in comparison to the ocean view units.

Keep in mind that building 4 does not have units facing the parking lot.

Last edited:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Is Internet in the rooms wireless or LAN? Is it free or what is the charge?

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Questions about dishes:

For anyone who stayed in a studio, are there any dishes other than plates, cups, glasses, silverware?

Can you request things like cutting board and sharp knives if they are not in the unit?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Questions about dishes:

For anyone who stayed in a studio, are there any dishes other than plates, cups, glasses, silverware?

Can you request things like cutting board and sharp knives if they are not in the unit?

Starwood studios come completely stocked with cooking items.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Questions about dishes:

A complete list of unit items is on MSC. Click on the villa details and then you'll see the "View our Villa Inventory List" link.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
DeniseM, thanks for letting me know.

Ken555, I'm not a Starwood owner, so I can't get into that site. Can someone copy and paste the list for the studio and post it here? I'm sure I'm not the only non-SVN owner who will stay there.