• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another PCC ripoff

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
It makes me a bit angry to log onto the Dare County website and see where some poor sap has paid a PCC to give them a summer OBX timeshare that they could have sold for good money instead. I just saw another one, a widow according to the deed. It was a week 25 at The Windjammer.

Out of curiosity, I looked at all of the sales for The Windjammer for 2008 and found the following on the Land Transfer Tax Approved page:
red weeks:
week 36 $2,000
week 21 $3,500
week 22 and 23 $5,000
week 25 $3,000
blue weeks:
week 3 $100
week 11 $100
week 46 $100
week 8 $200
The red weeks were all transactions between individuals while several of the blue weeks were HOA sales.

Obviously this poor woman was taken for a ride by the PCC.

Last edited:

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some folks I know bought a Windjammer wk 16 for $2k last year (individuals who knew each other)...

Just curious, how can you tell someone paid a PCC to take it off their hands?

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Look for one of the PCC companies that hold title, like VI Network as the grantee. They always seem to show a purchase price of $200, too.

What is also interesting is that while some summer weeks have the deeds recorded soon after they receive them, for most off season weeks, the deeds into the PCC are not recorded until just before the deed to the new buyer. Kinda makes you wonder what would happen if there were no new buyer.

travelhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
where on the county website can you find TS transaction information?
Usually under what section? or what keyword to search?

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best place to check is under Land Transfer Taxes Approved, then go to the township where the timeshare is located, Nags Head for Dunes South, The Windjammer, Ocean Villas I & II, Duck for BIS-Duck and Ocean Pines, etc. The listings are chronological and list all real estate transaction, but you can easily scroll through the brief descriptions to find the timeshares. The brief description gives week and unit number. For more info, get the deed book and page number and go to Deed Documents.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A Windjammer week 25 just sold on eBay a few days ago

It was by a PCC. It went for just over $1800. I recently purchased a week 30 at OBBC on eBay sold by a PCC for a great price. It is a shame folks don't realize that they don't have to pay the PCCs to take prime weeks that others would gladly pay them money for. But just like those that pay full price to the developers to buy timeshares due to lack of awareness about resales, there are those that aren't aware of the alternatives for getting rid of their weeks other than paying someone to take them. It's unfortunate.:(

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was by a PCC. It went for just over $1800. I recently purchased a week 30 at OBBC on eBay sold by a PCC for a great price. It is a shame folks don't realize that they don't have to pay the PCCs to take prime weeks that others would gladly pay them money for. But just like those that pay full price to the developers to buy timeshares due to lack of awareness about resales, there are those that aren't aware of the alternatives for getting rid of their weeks other than paying someone to take them. It's unfortunate.:(

That may very well be the same week, as it is the only one recently acquired by a PCC at The Windjammer.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Well, folks who want out of their timeshares have options if they choose to exercise them. They can do a little research or they can get taken to the cleaners. My guess is they can't be bothered and are happy to have someone take care of their mess. IMHO people are basically lazy when it comes to timeshares and learning how to use them. We think of these people as victims, but they just may be satisfied customers- even though we think they are fools. :shrug:

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, folks who want out of their timeshares have options if they choose to exercise them. They can do a little research or they can get taken to the cleaners. My guess is they can't be bothered and are happy to have someone take care of their mess. IMHO people are basically lazy when it comes to timeshares and learning how to use them. We think of these people as victims, but they just may be satisfied customers- even though we think they are fools. :shrug:

One of the problems is that the PCC's typically misrepresent the options availible to these people. That at least borders on fraud.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Sort of like when a timeshare salesman sells you something, I guess. Again, folks have to be smart and do their homework before listening to any presentations pertaining to any timeshare. I am not defending these companies, just placing the onus on the sellers who fall prey to this sort of thing the same way they fell prey to a developer purchase; people need to be more educated and responsible for themselves and use their common sense.

Last edited:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What's PCC, a resale company? :shrug:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Some Postcard Companies Have Upgraded To Brochures Inside Envelopes . . .

What's PCC, a resale company?
. . . but it's still all junk mail any way you shake it.

Those companies are in business to hornswoggle people into paying the companies big bux to take unwanted timeshares off the people's hands.

Click here for a hypothetical nightmare scenario involving such hornswoggling (along with some other kinds of timeshare hornswoggles).

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited: