• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TS Auction-High prices!?

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA
Holiday Group PC co

All the auctions I peeked at had Holiday Transfer acting as closing co. And I agree--those min "bids" sound pretty high. Much lower prices on ebay.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of minimum bids listed here are low. When you see really high minimum bids you usually are seeing a seller that is a dreamer or out of touch with reality. You can list a studio in Branson MO week 4 for $100,000. You will never get a bid but you have the right to set any minimum bid you want for any week you own. Minimum bid prices don't really matter, what matters is what the weeks actually sell for, if they even sell at all. The resale market is as low as I have ever seen it right now, and it might get even lower with our current economy.

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA
What am I missing? I see min. bids of .10, $100, $150, $300.

A bunch of those really low min bids are real dog properties or seasons no one wants. If you saw the same thing on ebay, they would be $1 AND INCLUDE FREE closing costs---just to get rid of them. (Or go for $1 and not $100.) Here, closing fee seems to be Holiday at $395 or so. Reasonable closing costs, just that elsewhere you might not have to pay closing costs. Makes that min. bid kinda high...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
What I find interesting is the ones that say No Reserve with a minimum bid of $11000. Wouldn't that actually make the reserve $11000?

Dave*H

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I find interesting is the ones that say No Reserve with a minimum bid of $11000. Wouldn't that actually make the reserve $11000?
There is a difference between a reserve and a minimum bid when is comes to selling strategy:

- Minimum Bid: Exactly what it says. The opening bid cannot be less that the minimum bid.

- Reserve: The reserve is often known only by the seller. The minimum bid is often much lower. Neither the seller or the buyer is obligated to sell/buy until the reserve is reached. This method is often used by sellers to test the waters when they are unwilling to let the unit go for a low ball price and/or don't know the real value. However, auctions with reserves often generate less interest, at least until the reserve is meet, so the final max bid will often be less than for a similar no reserve auction. Note: Bidshares.com works slightly different. After the auction closes, a seller can choose to accept the maximum bid even if the reserve has not been meet.