• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ebay Seller fletchmia aka Wanted Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be very careful with this seller. I was high bidder on a 2BR ski week at Eagle Point in Vail (Ebay item #300255691244). It was listed as week 11, unit 0321. Before bidding, I asked the seller what the floating use period was and he replied that it was weeks 48-50 & 1-14. I called the resort and they confirmed that unit 0321 was a 2BR unit and week 11 floats on the weeks that the seller said. They emailed me a contract after I won the auction and I did a search on the Eagle county clerk's website and the seller on the contract they sent did not show up as owning a week at EP, so I called the resort management co. and they said there was no one by that name who owned any week at EP. When I reported this to fletchmia, they said they made an error and that it was week 43, not week 11, but that the floating period was the same as they told me (48-50 & 1-14) and they sent me another contract with the week number and seller's name changed but the floating period the same. This seller's name did show up as owning week 43, unit 0321 on the Eagle Co. clerk's website. I own at Falcon Point (managed by same co. as EP) and knew that week 43 was a shoulder season week, not a prime ski week, but I called the management co. and they confirmed the seller's name and that he owned a shoulder season, which is basically worthless. I then emailed fletchmia (they dba wantedweeks) and asked if they could give me a ski week like they represented this one to be, and they have not replied after 5 days and a follow up email from me.

Bottom line, if you bid on any of their auctions, expect that the information on the listing is not correct and ask a lot of questions. If you win the auction, do more homework before you pay them. If I didn't do all this, they would have taken my money and given me a worthless shoulder season week and I would have had a hell of a time getting it rectified. These people may say they made a mistake, but my guess is they're crooked as a barrel of snakes, so be very careful. Also, it appears they use an in house closing service so your money is not secure. I'd say you need to get an extraordinary good deal from them and do a ton of homework to make dealing with them worthwhile, with the understanding there's a good chance you'll get screwed in the end.

Mel7706

TUG Member
Reaction score
Robert is 100% correct.

DO NOT send these people money until you confirm the details. Even then insist on a corrected contract in your hands. With that said expect errors! Don't be fooled by their nice demeanor on the phone. They are hiding behind p.o. boxes, multiple names, etc. for a reason.

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
I must agree that I've seen many errors on ads from this seller, mostly incorrect info for resorts at which I already own.

I have been reluctant to bid and will watch to see if they stick around long enough to honor their contracts.

Thanks for the heads up!

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
There's a long thread here on wantedweeks.com. Some people have successfully closed on units they wanted. Most people agree the ads are full of errors, so due diligence and double-checking is crucial.

Dave55123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate to ask all these questions....estoppel letter

Does it really take a long time, a month or two, to get an estoppel letter for a timeshare?

So far his information is accurate.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Does it really take a long time, a month or two, to get an estoppel letter for a timeshare?

An estoppel letter should take couple of days or a couple of weeks; not a couple of months.

Make it clear you are not funding the escrow until you get you receive the estoppel letter; that will help move it along.

thoscook1

TUG Member
Reaction score
WANTED WEEKs

I have just closed on a one of their auctions. I found them to be very honest and easy to deal with. They did have a problem in the closing process with an individual but got rid of him and the replacements are really great people to work with.

I would agree that the listings are often in error but noone has been ripped off in any thread I have seen-maybe mad that it was not advertsed but they were not held to any bid that was made on an erroneous listing. Shaun and the folks at Resort Timeshare Closing are definitely not snakes or crooks. They may be new in the business and make some careless mistakes in the listing but the intent is not to rip you off. I wiill post a very favorable rating on ebay for them and am certainly happy with my purchase.

I have no problem is stating that I will probably bid on some more of their listing..

Tom

bogeygolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just closed on a one of their auctions. I found them to be very honest and easy to deal with. They did have a problem in the closing process with an individual but got rid of him and the replacements are really great people to work with.

I would agree that the listings are often in error but noone has been ripped off in any thread I have seen-maybe mad that it was not advertsed but they were not held to any bid that was made on an erroneous listing. Shaun and the folks at Resort Timeshare Closing are definitely not snakes or crooks. They may be new in the business and make some careless mistakes in the listing but the intent is not to rip you off. I wiill post a very favorable rating on ebay for them and am certainly happy with my purchase.

I have no problem is stating that I will probably bid on some more of their listing..

Tom

Five out of your 12 posts have been positive comments about wantedweeks seller. Sounds a little fishy.

If you really want to go out of your way to help these guys, perhaps you should contact them to tell them to stop being careless and fix these mistakes on their ads. I too was interested in bidding on one of their auctions until I noticed mistakes which turned me off.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on My Deal

After sending an email to them on Sept 10 after I received the second incorrect contract and they came clean that the week they had was not a ski week after all but a shoulder season week in Vail (which is worthless), I had not heard from them and decided that they were done with me. So, I left negative feedback on Ebay. Yesterday, I got a nasty email from Shaun saying that I never contacted them about the problem. I immediately forwarded him two emails that I sent to him and Devin letting them know that the week on the contract was not a ski week but a shoulder week, and a copy of their reply to me before I bid on this item confirming that it was a ski week. My request in that email was that they convey a comparable ski week in place of the one that was misadvertised, which to date had been ignored. Shaun called me a couple times today, we talked, and he said he has a ski week at another resort that will be acceptable to me in place of the one I bid on. He seemed very interested in rectifying the situation (probably because he wants the negative feedback removed). Bottom line is it looks like he will come up with an acceptable week for me, but I'll keep you posted.

I know people make mistakes but this deal is ridiculous. This was gross negligence at best and probably a lot worse than that. However, if he conveys a comparable TS, I'll give him a pass on it and withdraw my negative feedback.

Dave55123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to hear Robert

Good luck on your deal, hope it turns out as best as possible.

If my deal goes south, I'll let everyone know. Thanks.

Dave

Mel7706

TUG Member
Reaction score
json717-Amen!!

I reviewed thoscook1's posting and noted the same thing but hesitated to post the obvious. He has been a tug member for three years. Has not posted until June of this year. Since then he has posted twelve times with five favorable to WW. If it walks like a duck.....

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fletchmia

We won an Ebay auction in late July via wanted weeks.

The sale has now closed with the deed recorded by Resort Transfer.

The whole process took about 6 weeks. The purchase contract was correct as to the the floating weeks, and biennial usage.

This company is making efforts to properly close Ebay sales.

I do not think there is an intent to misrepresent the timeshare.

I gave them a favorable rating on Ebay.

thoscook1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personal attacks are unnecessary Mel7706

I have not posted much since I have been learning and listening in the past and felt I had nothing to offer that was not already stated. I have no affiliation or knowledge of Wanted Weeks and their staff- other than in closing my timeshare (El Cid points). I too was worried when I read the original comments but decided to take a chance since it was only a few hundred dollars. I did do my due diligence as this site has always stressed. Like I said there in my posting was an error in the listing but that was sorted out. I also stated they had a problem with an individual who they released and replaced with a couple of really helpful people.

If you are accusing me of be part of a scam, you are making rash judgements in a public forum about my integrity and I do take offense to that. My only reason for posting was to provide my actual experience with Wanted Weeks so others might make their own choice. The only time I post is when I think I have experienced something that might be of value to others. Since you obviously don't know me and just based on lack of a lot of postings and most of the ones that I do post are related to Mexico and Wanted Weeks (my current purchase) think you can assume that I am part of some crooked scheme seems to be very inappropriate and offensive. I could surmise that you are most likely a hot headed obnoxious person-but then again I would be making the same mistake you made. Hopefully, you understand how I feel about your comment which goes beyond acceptable limits.

I stand by my previous statement that I would not hesitate to buy from Wanted Weeks again-but would use due diligence in making sure the listing was correct and follow-up on the closing just like I have done on my other timeshare purchases and what any cautious person should do.

Tom

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wanted weeks (or whatever name they're using this week on ebay) is a joke. What fun it must be to buy something and hope that you're sharp enough to catch all the mistakes, errors, and omissions that they've presented. Keep your fingers crossed that you don't get screwed! I'll definitely pass.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wanted Weeks

I think it's fairly simple actually. All you have to do is have a contract and proof by the seller that you are getting what you bargained for before you send them any money. I don't think it's rocket science. :hysterical:

Mel7706

TUG Member
Reaction score
OOPs, Must have hit a nerve!

Many new posters have come here and had their feelings hurt by another tugger. It is easy to get mad and leave
TUG and never be seen or heard from again. I have seen it happen a number of times. Personal feuds won't be tolerated on this site by the owner or the moderators.
What "cook" did was very suspicious and typical of some shady resale people. The indignation was not unexpected.
I was not the first to point out the suspicious postings. If the aforementioned poster has been lurking here for several years he should have seen some reference to sneaky tactics by resellers. If you are legit make this a learning experience and enjoy the abundant amount of help on this site.

thoscook1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrogance abundant

You have indicated that I "should have learned something". Well, I guess I have-even Tug has some people with little sense of propriety or respect for others. I even sent you a private message trying to convey what I felt was a rather abrupt assumption on your posting but did not receive a reply from you.

If I did not answer your posting in the first place you would be convinced that I was crooked and since I answered, you said quote

"What "cook" did was very suspicious and typical of some shady resale people. The indignation was not unexpected."

So no matter what I did you would feel the same based on your second quote

"If the aforementioned poster has been lurking here for several years he should have seen some reference to sneaky tactics by resellers."

Also, if I were new to Tug then you most likely would feel that I was just joining to promote some shady scheme. So in summary, anyone who has experiences that disagree with your highly scientific rational and arrogance must be part of a shady scheme.

Once again for others on this thread-I am not in any way connected to WantedWeeks or for that matter any timeshare company etc. My only dealings with Wanted Weeks was for a purchase I made on ebay and since I had more experience in dealing with them than Mel7706, I felt my experience could be of value to others considering bidding on their auctions (both good & bad points were noted in my experience).

Mel7706 for your informations I have received some private messages understanding my previous response and also feeling that your earlier comments were out of line. Hopefully, you're a nicer person than I am seeing.

Tom

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This thread is getting out of hand. Both parties have forgotten some portions of the Be Courteous Rule

Be Courteous
As we read and respond to others, disagreements are inevitable. Differing points of view are welcomed, and indeed the bbs would be a dull place without them. All users are expected and required to express their disagreements civilly. Refrain from name calling and behavior lectures. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and repeated offenses could get you banned from the bbs. Lively discussion is what the board is all about, but that is no excuse for boorish behavior or bad manners. We are assumed to all be adults. If you don't like a particular thread, stop reading it!

Status
Not open for further replies.