• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie - where find the 9,000 points weeks?

wag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today is my first day as a Points Member of RCI. I had read extensively about the 9,000 special discount weeks before becoming a member, and I have read mentions of it on this forum today. However, when I go to the RCI web site, I see the "Last Call" that has weeks for cash, but I do not see the specials on points that would bring them down to 9,000. HELP!! Bill

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you signed on in RCI Points?

Then go to the "weeks reservation" box and look for resorts which would have excess inverntory 45 or fewer days from today (Orlando is good). The inventory within that under 45 day window will be 7,500-9,000 pts .... looked this AM and know they are there.

Happy Hunting .... And welcome to Tugs

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
"Instant Exchange" Is Hiding In Plain Sight At R. C. I. Dot Com.

Today is my first day as a Points Member of RCI. I had read extensively about the 9,000 special discount weeks before becoming a member, and I have read mentions of it on this forum today. However, when I go to the RCI web site, I see the "Last Call" that has weeks for cash, but I do not see the specials on points that would bring them down to 9,000. HELP!! Bill
Congratulations, Bill, & welcome. Maybe we'll meet face to face 1 day. If so, we can try out the Secret RCI Points Handshake on each other.

Meanwhile, the deal with those 9,000-point Instant Exchange reservations is that there's no special site on RCI Points where they're listed.

What happens is that when you're logged in at RCI Points, you select RCI Weeks Vacations. Anything there that's for check-in within 45 days will be no more than 9,000 points for the whole week.

Try it. You'll like it. And let us know what you find & what you go for your 1st time out.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

wag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to both of you for the answer. I have found it! Eureka!

I'm actually a member of this Group, but am now having trouble finding my member code entry. I'll make it one day! Bill

Bill4728

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for the answer. I have found it! Eureka!

I'm actually a member of this Group, but am now having trouble finding my member code entry. I'll make it one day! Bill

If you're a TUG member ( not just registered on the BBS) , here are the directions to finding the info you need to be seen as a member. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53

wag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Member code

Thanks, Bill. When I go to the site, I find "checkout" as my member code. This is what I put into the original signup for the forum. It was then I was told that this was incorrect and I needed to put in the correct one to remove the "guest" status. I am failing to understand something. Bill

greenfit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Canadian Points people being ripped off

:mad:

Welcome to RCI Canadian Points rip-off.

Not only do WE RCI Points Canadians not see Last Call; but WE pay almost more $60.00 per booking. Weeks quotes were $231.00 and we Points Canadians paid $290.41!

I know, a Canadian "weeks' friend let us log on and we saw plenty of "weeks" available for Last Call. Logged into our Points this morning and there was nothing.

As always, the "story" is RCI are working on it.

Should be great fun going to our next time share presentation and loudly sharing the bad news?

underdog

Reaction score
I am a weeks member RCI and I don't see any option to select 'RCI Weeks Vacation.' Is this available only to points members?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
No "Instant Exchange" Reservations On The "Weeks" Side Of R. C. I.

I am a weeks member RCI and I don't see any option to select 'RCI Weeks Vacation.' Is this available only to points members?
RCI Instant Exchange (9,000 points, tops) is just for members of RCI Points.

But fret not. RCI Weeks members can still take advantage of RCI Last Call -- exchange fee + zero points.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

oysterfiend

Reaction score
:mad:

Welcome to RCI Canadian Points rip-off.

Not only do WE RCI Points Canadians not see Last Call; but WE pay almost more $60.00 per booking. Weeks quotes were $231.00 and we Points Canadians paid $290.41!

I know, a Canadian "weeks' friend let us log on and we saw plenty of "weeks" available for Last Call. Logged into our Points this morning and there was nothing.

As always, the "story" is RCI are working on it.

Should be great fun going to our next time share presentation and loudly sharing the bad news?

A points member can use Vacation weeks as well ,
Just log onto Vacation weeks and you can make an exchange up 2 years ahead,
RcI will tell you the points value of the week for units available
With Points you have MORE OPTIONS not LESS