• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Crutch/cane security ?

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depending on how I'm doing may need to bring a crutch or a cane(non folding) for an up coming trip.

Never have traveled by plane with either, will I have any added problems going through secuirty? I now have a 5" titanium piece in my right hip that may set off the the larm, but will have infor from the dr . for that.

After this trip, I'll have a whole loy more titanium in my left hip, but won't be traveling by air then til nxt year.

Just wondering what I'll encounter going through security and also on and off the plane, I'll need either getting up from sitting for a couple of hours possibly, but maybe I'll be a lot better when we travel next month and won't need either. Hope not as I hope to do a lot of beach walking in MB.

TIA

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I've needed to use a cane to get around, I simply have the airline provide a wheelchair and they make things happen easily. Yes, you'll have a search, but the TSA Agents have all been very understanding and helpful when the situation is explained. They tend to be very kind, and have allowed me to sit the entire exam after an amputation of a toe.
I get searched on a regular basis due to my insulin pump, so I just accept the fact that my wife will have to wait a couple of minutes for me to get through and arrive at the airport accordingly.
Good luck! You'll enjoy the new joints after the healing period.
Guy

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Just be sure that your cane or crutch does not have a hidden knife or firearm, or flask.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I now have a 5" titanium piece in my right hip that may set off the the larm, but will have infor from the dr . for that.
The information from the doctor won't have any effect on going through security. If you set off the alarms, they will pull you aside and use the wand over your whole body.

My husband has two artificial hips and it happens every time he goes through the metal detector. He tells them he has two artificial hips and they go through the whole body wanding. Even when he was an airline pilot in uniform and on duty, they still had to go through the process.