• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Wild Oat San Antonio...

ellsworth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our family is celebrating a 40th anniversary here in October.........grandchildren (6,8,11) assorted adults..men who golf, women who shop...etc.

Any suggestions from those who have stayed here...room locations, restaurants, things not to miss..We are going to have fun just being together, but any extra special hints woulld be welcome...thanks. :) :whoopie:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Never mind.

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Wild Oat in April of this year in a two bedroom unit. The unit was great. There is a very nice pool with a lazy river on premises. There is only one eaterie on site which is okay for lite fare or burgers. Otherwise, across the way at the Hotel there is a restaurant. We ordered salmon there and were very dissatisfied with the meal. My wife and I got sick on the trip and we suspect that salmon. I can't recommend the hotel restaurant.

You are very near hill country and should explore Banderas, cowboy town usa, which is very interesting. The concierge at the resort is very helpful and will give you lists of places to see, things to do, and where to eat.

Of course, you should do river walk and the Alamo in San Antonio. We were there during a big fiesta in San Antonio and enjoyed that. I am sure you will have a great time.

ellsworth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to respond....not too happy to hear the bad news about the hotel restaurant however...guess we'll just do lunch!:(

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our family is celebrating a 40th anniversary here in October.........grandchildren (6,8,11) assorted adults..men who golf, women who shop...etc.

Any suggestions from those who have stayed here...room locations, restaurants, things not to miss..We are going to have fun just being together, but any extra special hints woulld be welcome...thanks. :) :whoopie:

Going there in 2 weeks. I will let you know what I find.

-TJ

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is the drive to the River Walk area and other things to in town?

I was in San Antonio about 2 years ago and stayed on the Riverwalk in downtown. I drove to the 2 Hyatts in hill country to check them out for potential future vacations. I recall the drive was about 30-45 minutes depending on traffic, I think it is about 20 miles. The drive is mostly freeway.

I also recall the 2 Hyatts are near Sea World.

-TJ

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
The wild oat is basically surrounded by highway. You need to get on one to go anywhere. The ride into town is not too bad but is subject to rush hour congestion. There is alot of traffic in the entire san antonio area. There are quite a few parking lots in the alamo, river walk area.

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, its Hyatt Wild "Oaks" Ranch, not "Oat".

I was just there in April, and there was only one oat visible. There were many oaks however. I think they should change the name to the wild oaks ranch. It would be more appropriate.

2bugsn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the Texas Hill Country

We went there two weeks ago to see the 90 presentation, and we live in the area. The resort is very nice, and the unit's are very well appointed (flat screen tvs in every room, granite counter tops, whirlpool tubs) but it does only have 1 light fare restaurant. There is a Rudy's barbecue nearby. We are in the process of buying a 1880 point unit there (resale of course). We were not worried about restaurants nearby because we generally cook for ourselves. They have these great cavanas with hammocks, fire pits and rocking chairs). There is a Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa across the road that Wild Oaks guests can use.

The pool is an indoor/outdoor so i think it's available year round.

It is located close to freeways, so if you avoid rush hour, it is about a 25 minute drive to downtown San Antonio.

Make sure you take some drives up in the Hill Country. There are many small quaint towns, like Bandera, Boerne, Blanco, New Braunfels.

October is a great time to visit TX as the the weather has cooled down some (probably highs in the lower 80's).

As far as the Oaks, the resort has many Live Oaks (very majestic trees and different than the oaks I had been accustomed to seeing in the midwest). They are very beautiful with dramatic trunks/branching.

Enjoy your visit.