• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Would a wanted week feature help us bank weeks for TUG members that they request?

ginnylbs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been reading about people waiting for months and even over a year for an exchange and wonder if we could set up a spot on TUG to help other TUG members get those exchanges easier.

My suggestion is - a spot in the Forum where we can state exchanges (list of resorts) and dates we are trying to get...........and then when those of us are placing a deposit - we can check and see if there is a date that folks are looking for and deposit that week in RCI, II or another trading company.

We may want to limit the trading companies to the top grouping. I know that I have choices of dates when I deposit and would love to put a deposit in that matches a week someone is asking to get. (Also - I know it is not a guarantee that a TUG member would get it - - but if enough of us did this, I think our waiting time might be reduced)

What do you TUG members think????????

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't think this would be effective because it would be preempted by on-going requests already in place with the exchange Co.

You might want to check out the Sightings forums where you can ask for sightings for the exchanges you are looking for.

geekette

Reaction score
Your heart is in the right place, but I think it would set people up for disappointment since the exchange companies make all the rules.

Far better to keep the direct exchange idea alive and cut out the middleman.

VacationPro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been reading about people waiting for months and even over a year for an exchange and wonder if we could set up a spot on TUG to help other TUG members get those exchanges easier.

My suggestion is - a spot in the Forum where we can state exchanges (list of resorts) and dates we are trying to get...........and then when those of us are placing a deposit - we can check and see if there is a date that folks are looking for and deposit that week in RCI, II or another trading company.

We may want to limit the trading companies to the top grouping. I know that I have choices of dates when I deposit and would love to put a deposit in that matches a week someone is asking to get. (Also - I know it is not a guarantee that a TUG member would get it - - but if enough of us did this, I think our waiting time might be reduced)

What do you TUG members think????????

I actually like this idea--it is safer for both parties than a direct exchange and it still allows for ACs. While there may be ongoing requests ahead of the posted request, at least it will help to move the request up one notch.

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You could also check or post on the Exchange portion of the Marketplace.
http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/

I think it would be helpful if you could also search for direct exchanges under the location that the person wants to exchange for. If I had something available in pompano beach for example, and I was flexible as to what I would exchange it for, I could search under Pompano beach & see if there is anythingbody who is looking for Pompano Beach. I guess you could call it an "exchange wish". Just a suggestion.

abc

ginnylbs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Several responses for feedback

Geekette - I agree with your direct exchange thought - but not everyone posts them, but if they did that first - and we checked there - that would be one way of putting in a date that a Tugger had wanted (I personally will start checking for that before I deposit in the future - good idea)

abc ,swift and vacationPro - only makes it better with your ideas

Denise - of all Tuggers - I think your sightings (and you probably are the Queen in this area) help us find something that is posted and we can't see. You are amazing in finding those special deals!!! You most likely are right relative to them being preempted by requests in the system. However, there still could be a chance that someone could bank the EXACT week you wanted vs. the week before or after.........IF they knew it was in demand. And yes...someone else could grab it if they were higher on the list.

Question for Brian or one of the TUG moderators - would it be against TUG policy to state YOU WERE GOING TO DEPOSIT a particular resort in II or RCI and ask if anyone was looking for a particular date range in the ongoing II or RCI requests? I am not suggesting an ad here - just a way to solicit someone wanting one date range vs. another.

Oh well....I guess my thoughts were more of wishful thinking as some of you other Tuggers pointed out to me. I am a dreamer!!!:)

Last edited:

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Question for Brian or one of the TUG moderators - would it be against TUG policy to state YOU WERE GOING TO DEPOSIT a particular resort in II or RCI and ask if anyone was looking for a particular date range in the ongoing II or RCI requests? I am not suggesting an ad here - just a way to solicit someone wanting one date range vs. another.

Oh well....I guess my thoughts were more of wishful thinking as some of you other Tuggers pointed out to me. I am a dreamer!!!:)

Occasionally on the Sightings board people will post " Releasing XYZ Resort"

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think it would be helpful if you could also search for direct exchanges under the location that the person wants to exchange for. If I had something available in pompano beach for example, and I was flexible as to what I would exchange it for, I could search under Pompano beach & see if there is anythingbody who is looking for Pompano Beach. I guess you could call it an "exchange wish". Just a suggestion.

abc

You can search for places that you are interested in exchanging for. Go to the Marketplace http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/ and then click on Search Classified in the upper left corner. Check the exchange box and from the drop down menu choose the area you are looking for. If you want someone to find yours the best thing you can do is list it so people know you are interested in exchanging.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Denise - of all Tuggers - I think your sightings (and you probably are the Queen in this area) help us find something that is posted and we can't see. You are amazing in finding those special deals!!!

I would love to take full credit for this, but I think you are talking about Cindy - RickandCindy. :hi:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
D. I. Y. Timeshare Trades.

What do you TUG members think?
I think it would be more fun to exchange timeshare weeks direct, TUG person to TUG person, cutting RCI & I-I (etc.) completely out of the action.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think it would be more fun to exchange timeshare weeks direct, TUG person to TUG person, cutting RCI & I-I (etc.) completely out of the action.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

And....the new TUG Marketplace is all set up to do exactly that! :clap: