• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Harbour Point-Ebay Sale

BWV Dreamin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the Marriott Harbour Point resort on Shelter Cove, HHI? I am seriously considering bidding on this. I know it overlooks the cove /marsh. Can anyone else comment on this resort? The sale is for a 2 bedroom lockoff, 5/23-5/30 platinum week. Current bid is $480, there is no reserve. Thanks for any help!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would be a great buy at that price, but clearly the price will go higher before the auction ends. The higher it goes the more one has to think of how great a buy it really is.

Steve

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the Marriott Harbour Point resort on Shelter Cove, HHI? I am seriously considering bidding on this. I know it overlooks the cove /marsh. Can anyone else comment on this resort? The sale is for a 2 bedroom lockoff, 5/23-5/30 platinum week. Current bid is $480, there is no reserve. Thanks for any help!

I used to be an owner at that resort. Please be aware that the week being sold is NOT platinum. Harbour Point is an older resort that was not built by Marriott. The weeks are all fixed, and they are not labeled with the usual seasons (platinum, gold, silver, bronze) that most other Marriotts have. Sunset Pointe, a sister resort which was built by Marriott and shares the lobby and pools with Harbour Point, labels that week as "sport". This corresponds with a gold week at the beachfront Marriotts on Hilton Head Island. It is not platinum.

Some owners have had great success in exchanging their Harbour Point weeks through II. However, Harbour Point has a lower internal quality rating with II than most Marriotts...and it is not one of the more requested resorts within the Marriott system. If you get a great deal on a week there, then this may not matter. If you would be content to stay at Harbour Point every few years...rather than just trade it every year...that would be a major factor suggesting that this might be a good purchase for you.

If any Marriott resorts are dropped from the system within the next few years...or have their trade power diminished in a possible new Marriott internal exchange system...Harbour Point is more likely than most to be one of them. I am not saying that either of these events will occur, just that Harbour Point is more vulnerable than most other Marriotts.

Steve

Last edited:

BWV Dreamin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to be an owner at that resort. Please be aware that the week being sold is NOT platinum. Harbour Point is an older resort that was not built by Marriott. The weeks are all fixed, and they are not labeled with the usual seasons (platinum, gold, silver, bronze) that most other Marriotts have. Sunset Pointe, a sister resort which was built by Marriott and shares the lobby and pools with Harbour Point, labels that week as "sport". This corresponds with a gold week at the beachfront Marriotts on Hilton Head Island. It is not platinum.

Some owners have had great success in exchanging their Harbour Point weeks through II. However, Harbour Point has a lower internal quality rating with II than most Marriotts...and it is not one of the more requested resorts within the Marriott system. If you get a great deal on a week there, then this may not matter. If you would be content to stay at Harbour Point every few years...rather than just trade it every year...that would be a major factor suggesting that this might be a good purchase for you.

If any Marriott resorts are dropped from the system within the next few years...or have their trade power diminished in a possible new Marriott internal exchange system...Harbour Point is more likely than most to be one of them. I am not saying that either of these events will occur, just that Harbour Point is more vulnerable than most other Marriotts.

Steve

Thank you Steve. In the ebay listing, in bold, it states is a Platinum week. Can they legally do that if in fact it isn't? I want the trading power of a platinum week.

Steve

Reaction score
Thank you Steve. In the ebay listing, in bold, it states is a Platinum week. Can they legally do that if in fact it isn't? I want the trading power of a platinum week.

A lot of ebay sellers don't really know what they are selling. It could be an intentional attempt to deceive, but it's more likely that the seller just doesn't know much about the resort or the week that they have for sale. Either way, it is false advertising, but it's unlikely ebay will do anything about it. "Buyer Beware" is absolutely vital when bidding on ebay.

If you want the trade power of a platinum week, then I would pass on this auction.

Steve

BWV Dreamin

TUG Member
Reaction score
A lot of ebay sellers don't really know what they are selling. It could be an intentional attempt to deceive, but it's more likely that the seller just doesn't know much about the resort or the week that they have for sale. Either way, it is false advertising, but it's unlikely ebay will do anything about it. "Buyer Beware" is absolutely vital when bidding on ebay.

If you want the trade power of a platinum week, then I would pass on this auction.

Steve

Thanks Steve....yes I will have to pass, because I do want that trade power of Platinum. As always, TUGG rocks! I'll keep looking..:bawl:

CLIFFTOPS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harbour Point

I Bought A Week 18 And Week 19 From Holiday Group For $2500 Each.
Ii Has Given An A/c For Both These Weeks The Last Two Years So The Week On Ebay Should Receive An A/c Also. I Have Been Able To Exchange For The Other Oceanside Marriott Resorts(grande Ocean, Barony, Surfwatch And Monarch During The May Period And Used The A/c For Two Weeks In October.
I Believe Harbour Point Is A Good Buy On This Week Up To About$3000.marriott Seems To Have Worked Everything Out With The Harbour Point Board So You Should Have A Good Week.
Good Luck On Your Bid.

sea

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are Harbour Point owners,

and an item mentioned in the original posters question is incorrect. To the best of my knowledge, there are no lockoff units at Harbour Point. All are 2 bedrooms. We have had great trades with our weeks, and been quite happy. The resort recently did extensive refurbishing, and our board seems to have worked out it's differences with Marriott. This may not be considered the cadillac of Marriott's properties, but IMHO it trades fairly well within the Marriott system.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
No lockoffs at HP. Seasons are Green/yellow/red. I own there for 8 yrs or more. Cove views are beautiful. I traded to Harborside Atlantis so I would say I did pretty well. Normally I alway use it or trade back to HHI Marriotts. It's location is a 5 minute walk to Shelter Cove. It is not a mega beachfront resort . There is one pool that faces the cove, a small gym and many activites. Central Islad location. There is a shuttle that takes you to the beach.

Note that besides MF there is an extra $115 annual payment for the next the next 4 yrs due to a major refurb.

In the past summer weeks have gotten an AC. No matter the resort do not count on that all the time.

CLIFFTOPS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harbour Point

Ebay Sale Went At $3450.
Seems This Hidden Value Property Is Attracting More Consideration.
I Had Felt Value Was At About $3000 And This Went For Over 10% More.
This Goes Againist What Most Of Us Are Seeing On Marriott Properties Of 10% Or Lower Prices Over One Year Ago.
Congrats To The Low Bidder.
This Property Has Good Value At $3450 Also.