• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just finished tour at Wyndam Kona Village, Big Island

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are charging $200 per 1K points, membership to Outrigger Resorts, 154,000K bonus points for new owners, and 2 for 1 exchange with Trading Places and a $699 pay out for a 1 week exchange per year with Trading Places, 13 month availability on all Hawaiin resorts. Oh and BTW they said the least of points we needed to purchase was 105K :eek: . And only $267 down at a cost of only $16,500K

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
please tell me you said no.....:D

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I said no...but I was tempted...boy was I tempted....

But I may purchase it resale :D cause if I bought resale I would get the same benefits for much less :D

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I told my salesman that I could buy Wyndham points for about a penny apiece, or less on eBay, he about choked. I almost felt sorry for him. Then he asked if I could find Hawaii TS on eBay. After I told him that I could, he decided to let us go. :bawl:

Sue

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
When I told my salesman that I could buy Wyndham points for about a penny apiece, or less on eBay, he about choked. I almost felt sorry for him. Then he asked if I could find Hawaii TS on eBay. After I told him that I could, he decided to let us go. :bawl:

Sue

Sue, did you get off easy! We have never been let out of a sales presentation quickly. We told one salesperson at Vacation Village at Parkway (RCI Points, and I was so curious) that we owned 12 weeks, and she still kept us over 1 1/2 hours. :zzz: Honesty didn't help us.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
VIP benefits too?

You won't get any VIP benefits purchasing resale. But most here will say that they are not worth what you pay for them. Just buy more points at far far lower prices and forgot the VIP benefits.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resale I don't believe you would get the Premier membership with Trading Places, which means you wouldn't get the $699 annual credit (which can be used toward maintenance fees) and the 2-for-1 trading.

Of course, while they readily run the numbers using the $699 credit showing how you can recover all of your maintenance fees between the credit and rental, I'm doubt that you would ever be able to get a guarantee in writing of the continued availability of the credit.

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way...the upgrade in points would have given me VIP Gold...upgrading my resale (FSP - UDI) all under 1 deed.

However, the "free" trading with Trading Places was only on the resorts that Trading Places operated which amounted to just around 15 (I called Wyndam and asked), and I wondered at the number of resorts that TPI had to trade considering what I have now.

And me and DH were very skeptical with the up to $699 rebate...I mean there has got to be a catch to that one.

Also, if they rolled them all up my MF's would have been $165.07 per month for 605,000pts, and the property would have been Bali Hai, whereas I currently pay about $220 a month in MFs.

I couldn't understand why my MFs were higher now than they would be if I purchased the additional 105K through Wyndam...and I only had 500K points (311K with Bonnet Creek and 189K with Nashville)?

If someone can answer that for me I would feel better about walking away. It was hard cause I really wanted that Outrigger Club, but DH wasn't buying it..and I couldn't give up my Bonnet Creek...(me a Disney Addict)

Last edited:

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resale

O-k then ~ tell me how do you puirchase resale and get into their points program? I purchased a week resale from a Starwood owner and they will not let me into their points program. I'm ticked off about that! Would love to know how you do it!

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Acesneights: What do you mean by FSP or UDI points? Please help!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
O-k then ~ tell me how do you puirchase resale and get into their points program? I purchased a week resale from a Starwood owner and they will not let me into their points program. I'm ticked off about that! Would love to know how you do it!

If you purchase at a resort like Nashville (and purchase a contract that was originally a points (FSP-UDI) contract) not a converted week (a weeks resort ownership, that was converted to Wyndam (Fairfield Points). Than they can take your (resale) points contract for say 154,000 points at Wydnam Nashville and they will transfer it to a new deed (in which you have to purchase at least 105K points at DEVELOPER prices) and roll them under the new deed. In this case they were going to roll it up into Wyndam Bali Hai which would have kept me at my VIP Gold status and lowered my MFs overall.

Note: you have to purchase a Resale that was ALWAYS and ORIGINALLY a FSP/UDI points contract. DO NOT TELL SALESPERSON it was a RESALE....and they can buy that contract from you and place it into the new contract. I did this before and they were offering to do this for me in Hawaii to own at the Wyndam Bali Hai resort.

I did this before with Bonnett Creek (converted a RESALE @ Wyndam Nashville and Wyndam Myrtle Beach) rolled them up into Bonnet Creek and purchased 105K points through the developer. Now I have 311K @ Bonnet Creek and VIP status.

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you purchase at a resort like Nashville (and purchase a contract that was originally a points (FSP-UDI) contract) not a converted week (a weeks resort ownership, that was converted to Wyndam (Fairfield Points). Than they can take your (resale) points contract for say 154,000 points at Wydnam Nashville and they will transfer it to a new deed (in which you have to purchase at least 105K points at DEVELOPER prices) and roll them under the new deed.

Don't count on this. You may or may not be able to find a salesman willing to do this. Even if you found it, you may get reject if when they submit the contract, the corp. found it (who knows if this is really corp found it or not).

If you take this path, and approached by a saleman, make sure your contract guarantee you the VIP or VIP gold or whatever, so if they take it out, you can roll back all your purchase.

Jya-Ning

Bill4728

Reaction score

When you buy a Starwood resort resale, you can always get into their point program (SVN) by buying a week direct from Starwood. It is called a "Retro". Although the best way to get into SVN is to buy resale at one of their mandatory resorts.

But this thread is about buying wyndham not starwood.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know Bill, and I'm sorry but when reading this thread and seeing everyone talking about buying resale and being in Wyndham Points program I had to ask how you did it. I though maybe there would be something I could use. Afterall ~ everything I read says "buy resale - not from the developer"! So I did and now I feel like I'm at a disadvantage. So be it!! Thanks anyway for your help.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I know Bill, and I'm sorry but when reading this thread and seeing everyone talking about buying resale and being in Wyndham Points program I had to ask how you did it. I though maybe there would be something I could use. Afterall ~ everything I read says "buy resale - not from the developer"! So I did and now I feel like I'm at a disadvantage. So be it!! Thanks anyway for your help.

When you refer to being "at a disadvantage" are you referencing the VIP benefits you are don't receive because you bought resale??

I don't think anyone will disagree that you are at a disadvantage for buying resale. But I think most folks here believe those benefits aren't sufficiently valuable to justify spending somewhere around 5x to 10x more for the timeshare.

If you think the benefits are worth that extra money, then you should sell what you own - if you bought a resale you should get most of your money back. Then buy the points you need from Wyndham and you'll have those benefits.

If you don't think those benefits are worth developer pricing, then you should stop ruing their absence because you're better off not having them.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wyndham FF has either point program, or any week program from resorts they purchased the management rights. If you want point program, you can buy resale point program, and it is in. No disadvantage here.

Only 2 things don't carry over by resell - VIP and Plus Partnership

If you want VIP, resale point is not count. But if you decides you will buy enough points from Wyndham to get to VIP, than these resale points will be used as VIP points.

When you buy any retail points at this moment, PP is attached, and all your points will be in PP. Or you can pay something around 2,400 and your point will be in Plus Partnership program.

The only disadvantage I know of, is that you have higher chance to get rid of them since it may not have loss or very small loss. So you may not treasure them as you would if you buy retail.

Jya-Ning

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you refer to being "at a disadvantage" are you referencing the VIP benefits you are don't receive because you bought resale??

I don't think anyone will disagree that you are at a disadvantage for buying resale. But I think most folks here believe those benefits aren't sufficiently valuable to justify spending somewhere around 5x to 10x more for the timeshare.

If you think the benefits are worth that extra money, then you should sell what you own - if you bought a resale you should get most of your money back. Then buy the points you need from Wyndham and you'll have those benefits.

If you don't think those benefits are worth developer pricing, then you should stop ruing their absence because you're better off not having them.

Steve: I am referring only to the fact that now, since I bought a Sheraton property resale that I can not join the Starpoints program which would allow me to trade/exchange through their system. That is all that I'm upset about. Certainly not by the fact that I bought the week resale. It was a fair purchase, not cheap, but I feel, fair. But now the Company will not let me use their other properties because I bought resale. It makes me mad:mad:

Ahh Ohh! Now I'm going to be in trouble for posting Starpoints in a Wyndham thread again. Save Me!!!

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve: I am referring only to the fact that now,

You should be O.K. Not like other developer yet. Wyndham is trying very hard to make its point program good for all the resorts.

Certainly, if you goes to any of their salesman, it will be totally different version.

Jya-Ning