• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Spring Break 2009 Busy?

cvmar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since we are traveling to Maui for the first time during spring break "season" I was wondering what is the general consensus as to how busy it might be? I was hoping it would be comparable to the Fall crowds due to travel costs etc. Thoughts?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Spring break is very busy - fall is low season in Hawaii

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope spring break isn't 1-13 March cause that's when we'll be there. Not much time to get buff for the ladies. :D

Sterling

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to Maui in late April 2007 with a friend. She had been there a several weeks earlier during "spring break" time. She was amazed at the difference in crowds, parking etc. During March they had trouble finding parking in Lahaina and she said Front Street was packed with people. April seemed quiet in comparison.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Since we are traveling to Maui for the first time during spring break "season" I was wondering what is the general consensus as to how busy it might be? I was hoping it would be comparable to the Fall crowds due to travel costs etc. Thoughts?

I was on Maui for springbreak this year (last week of March for us).

It was busy. If you want to do Zipline tours, snorkel tours, old lahania luau book them through your hotel/TS concierge ahead of time.

cvmar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know spring break is usually a very busy time however I was thinking since it cost so much to travel there right now due to the cost of oil and the loss of so many flights from the west coast that in 2009 spring break might not be as busy. I gather from the responses I should expect it to be busy.

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
When is spring break in 2009? We are going to Maui March 7 to 26 and never thought about spring break!
We always think of it in Maz when we go in March though.:eek:
Never been a problem for us in Maz up at the Pueblo Bonito Maz so maybe it won't bother us much in Maui?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Easter is April 12th, 2009.

cvmar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assumed spring break "season" was from mid March until Easter. We will be there March 26 thru April 10. We were originally going to Palm Springs (for just 1 week) but the airfare was too high to justify for such a short flight to California and the timeshare rentals were comparable to Hawaii.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I assumed spring break "season" was from mid March until Easter. We will be there March 26 thru April 10. We were originally going to Palm Springs (for just 1 week) but the airfare was too high to justify for such a short flight to California and the timeshare rentals were comparable to Hawaii.

You will be there the week before Easter - traditionally a busy week because a lot of kids are out of school. Many (most?) CA schools have the week before or after Easter off.

Scroll down to CA - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66972

More than half the people we meet in Hawaii are Californians.

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
In '04 we went to Hawaii in early April, which happened to be the week before and after Easter. I honestly didn't think the crowds were bad. March will probably be worse as people tend to go away for Spring Break earlier in the year. April and May seem to be low seasons for every place (Disney, Hawaii, Caribbean, Colorado, etc)

califgal

Reaction score
We were in Maui for spring break 2007 , it was the week before Easter, and I have to say that Lahaina was not as crowded as we had experienced in the summer months, in fact in seemed like half as many people. Maybe that was just a fluke that year!