• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Booked Casa Velas!!

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, no one had any comments so I figured no news was good news, right? Booked Casa Velas in Puerto Vallarta for Feb 2010 through RCI weeks on what has been a weak trader in the past. Maybe the mandatory All Inclusive fees keep people away? Oh well, I read almost nothing but good reviews so I jumped on it. I've been wanting to try a pampering at an AI resort for a long time and now I shall.

Just wanted to share!

JB

P.S. There are a bunch (eight or nine) of 2 and 3 bedrooms still available for Feb and March through RCI.

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Velas is a beautiful resort. If you want AI, you will love it! We haven't stayed there but only because we prefer not to book AI, because we like eating in all the P.V. restaurants, but my kids love AI with their family. We have visited the resort a number of times because we have a friend who works there. Soooo...you'll have a great time. Beautiful resort in a very nice location in a great town! Have fun!

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just realized you said CASA Vellas and I was talking about Vellas Vallarta!
Sorry, I'm not familiar with Casa Vellas.

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just realized you said CASA Vellas and I was talking about Vellas Vallarta!
Sorry, I'm not familiar with Casa Vellas.

That's fine. Casa is the 'boutique hotel' which is adults only. Guests have full use of Club Velas ammenities and AI reataurants as well. Casa Velas seems to be a pampering sort of place. Read books in the pool, drink lots, eat lots, and enjoy the silence. It's a seven minute walk or three minute free shuttle to the Club Velas property next door which is much bigger and more family oriented. We'll probably head over there in the later evening for some friendly chats and more AI cocktails!

Nonetheless, I appreciate your input!

JB

Last edited:

bltfam

Reaction score
We stayed at Vellas Vallarta last spring break You could make a reservation for the Casa Vallarta and they had a shuttle service over there. All the comments from couples coming back were great. It was spring break and very busy so every time we went to the desk to make areservation they were full because they only took so many couples from Vellas Hence we never made it and dine with our children every night !

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's fine. Casa is the 'boutique hotel' which is adults only. Guests have full use of Club Velas ammenities and AI reataurants as well. Casa Velas seems to be a pampering sort of place. Read books in the pool, drink lots, eat lots, and enjoy the silence. It's a seven minute walk or three minute free shuttle to the Club Velas property next door which is much bigger and more family oriented. We'll probably head over there in the later evening for some friendly chats and more AI cocktails!

Nonetheless, I appreciate your input!

JB

:whoopie: I was just going to say CASA VELAS is adults ONLY!!! The lobby bar at Velas closes at 12 midnight so don't go over to Club Velas too late!! LOL.

We stayed at Vellas Vallarta last spring break You could make a reservation for the Casa Vallarta and they had a shuttle service over there. All the comments from couples coming back were great. It was spring break and very busy so every time we went to the desk to make areservation they were full because they only took so many couples from Vellas Hence we never made it and dine with our children every night !

Those staying at CASA Velas have first dibs on reservations or dining at CASA, so thus in busy time it can be hard to book over at Casa for dinner! Plus adults only, which is kind of nice for a change....

Both of the Velas resorts in the marina in Puerto Vallarta are great with incredible staff and the most comfy beds....Velas is activity driven and on the louder side, whereas, Casa is very calm and quiet, like a fun library. In a nice way! Do not be shocked by the noise over at Velas after being at Casa as we were, we felt bombarded by noise the first time over to our favorite Velas after a few days at Casa.....but then we adjusted...

JB...as I told you , you are gonna love it....well I hope O know we do....Casa is wonderful.....next up for future on our adgenda is Grand Velas but man really high AI fees! Almost out of touch, well maybe out of touch...have to be a special occassion I guess...