• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

el moro cid in mazatlan

rynker

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a unit on hold for Dec. 2009. Tug reviews are old, tripadvisor ads are "love or hate." We are looking for beach, sun, relaxation, balcony. Any information, good or bad, will be appreciated! We have a 2 bd on hold so some of our "party" will be children and no one has ever been to Mazatlan before. Thanks in advance

thoscook1

TUG Member
Reaction score
El Moro

It is a great facility with a great location. We go to Mazatlan every year but usually stay at the Marina El Cid since we drive and parking etc is better up there and our room is only about 20 feet from the pool so its nice to eat breakfast on the patio and watch the young kids in the pool.

El Moro is a high rise but has several great pools, restaurants, a Mexican Fiesta etc. One of the finest timeshares on the Golden Zone. I don't think you will be disappointed-easy to get everywhere by either walking or take the bus, pulmania, or cab to grocery, bars, restaurants, walmart etc. Think essentially all the rooms that are higher up have a great view of the ocean. Lower rooms usually have a view but not as good of course.

Let me know if you need some specific info and I can probably get it fairly easily.

Tom Cook

Deer Path

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a great facility with a great location. We go to Mazatlan every year but usually stay at the Marina El Cid since we drive and parking etc is better up there and our room is only about 20 feet from the pool so its nice to eat breakfast on the patio and watch the young kids in the pool.

El Moro is a high rise but has several great pools, restaurants, a Mexican Fiesta etc. One of the finest timeshares on the Golden Zone. I don't think you will be disappointed-easy to get everywhere by either walking or take the bus, pulmania, or cab to grocery, bars, restaurants, walmart etc. Think essentially all the rooms that are higher up have a great view of the ocean. Lower rooms usually have a view but not as good of course.

Let me know if you need some specific info and I can probably get it fairly easily.

Tom Cook

I agree with Tom completely. You will be very happy at the Towers. We are owners of El Cid points and have stayed at the towers two times but now stay at the Marina since we love to go fishing and it is a little smaller.
There is a free shuttle between the two and you can use the facilities at either one. We love the restaurant overlooking the beach....it is our favorite. Even when we stay at the Marina we go over for dinner at least once while we are there. The Marina has a good restaurant overlooking the Marina too.
You can also take a boat shuttle at the Marina over to a nice more private beach where there are not many vendors.
I can also answer any questions.

Judy

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
I'd be a little concerned with the balcony railings if I had little kids in the unit. That being said, it's a great place to stay. The views from the balconies are wonderful.

Cyndi

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Pueblo Bonito Sunset, WorldMark
I would NOT take children to the El Moro because of the balconies, the rail is very low and they are not big enough for more than two people. The balcony is only about 2-3 feet wide. Hardly a balcony and pretty scary with kids. If you have other options, I would take them. We have stayed at the el moro and loved it. And also love the pueblo bonito and it is more kid friendly and has real balconies.